Wosh

Admin
May 27, 2007
Bluestone Station
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Roy!
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

Last edited:

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
So they spat the dummy because the terms of reference weren’t exactly what they wanted?

I doubt any party including the AFL got everything they wanted in the terms of reference.

Egan: "Hey, can you participate in this report process? I know we're asking you to recount one of the most traumatic experiences in your life but we just need you do it the once and you'll be anonymous."

* some time later *

AFL: "Hey, we had that report handed to us, we know you wanted to be anonymous and only wanted to do it once but we've requested all the personal details so we know who you are and want you to attend court to be cross examined on that really traumatic experience. We're happy to have your input on the Terms of Reference though."

* some time later *

Also the AFL: "Hey, thanks for providing some ToR suggestions, we've decided we're going to ignore all of those but still definitely want you to come and recount that really traumatic experience in front of a panel of people you don't know, and potentially have to answer questions from the lawyer(s) representing the person(s) who you accuse of doing such a thing."

* some time later *

Anonymous internet poster: "Can't believe they spat the dummy for not getting exactly what they wanted."

sr36

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Egan: "Hey, can you participate in this report process? I know we're asking you to recount one of the most traumatic experiences in your life but we just need you do it the once and you'll be anonymous."

* some time later *

AFL: "Hey, we had that report handed to us, we know you wanted to be anonymous and only wanted to do it once but we've requested all the personal details so we know who you are and want you to attend court to be cross examined on that really traumatic experience. We're happy to have your input on the Terms of Reference though."

* some time later *

Also the AFL: "Hey, thanks for providing some ToR suggestions, we've decided we're going to ignore all of those but still definitely want you to come and recount that really traumatic experience in front of a panel of people you don't know, and potentially have to answer questions from the lawyer(s) representing the person(s) who you accuse of doing such a thing."

* some time later *

Anonymous internet poster: "Can't believe they spat the dummy for not getting exactly what they wanted."
Add in Hawks:

"How about you come in and tell the story face to face to those you're accusing. It'll be a real smooth mediation - which sounds a bit like meditation, which it is".

Chief

In Mourning
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
The day that Chief posted the same stuff Tef used to, I'm glad I was here for it.

The BigFooty singularity has been achieved. The alpha and the omega.
Amy's lawyer says the process is not as culturally safe as she was lead to believe.

vs

"Amy said it was unsafe!"

Do you see the distinction that a few North supporters are deliberately ignoring in order to chip in their bit to the PR campaign?

Of course you do.

the big lebowski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Amy's lawyer says the process is not as culturally safe as she was lead to believe.

vs

Do you see the distinction that a few North supporters are deliberately ignoring in order to chip in their bit to the PR campaign?

Of course you do.

I said the lawyer said it was culturally unsafe and the sr36 said he never said “culturally” unsafe, he just said unsafe.

Geez talk about desperate to misdirect etc.

One of the main participants in the hawthorn review said it was unsafe.

FACT

Get over it.

Chief

In Mourning
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
There it is:

1669357504337.png

If I've got it wrong and you aren't saying that she said the initial Egan/Binmada process was unsafe, my apologies and I take it all back.

If you're trying to say it's Egan wot dun it, you're wrong and bad.

I can see perfectly well how the AFL investigation is sub-par.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the big lebowski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There it is:

View attachment 1560744

If I've got it wrong and you aren't saying that she said the initial Egan/Binmada process was unsafe, my apologies and I take it all back.

I’m referring to an interview on SEN’s Gerard Wheatley’s show with Amy’s lawyer

sr36

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
There it is:

View attachment 1560744

Her lawyer said it was unsafe, but didn't say it was culturally unsafe. Was referring to anonymity and having repeated requests to retell and relive her grief.

the big lebowski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like crossed wires here - do you have a link?

I don not. But I’m pretty sure links were posted on this thread, I’m descriptor interview as a train wreck.

But you can rest assured he said the hawthorn report had not turned out to be safe as Amy initially thought. I can’t honestly say if the word “culturally” came before safe or not.

Burn means the same thing

Chief

In Mourning
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
So you're PR'ing about something you can't remember?

I am happy to read or listen to it when someone finds a link. I cannot find anything after a few searches but maybe my keywords are not right.

the big lebowski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Her lawyer said it was unsafe, but didn't say it was culturally unsafe. Was referring to anonymity and having repeated requests to retell and relive her grief.

Which is the thing that gives me a laugh

It turns out speaking to the hawthorn investigation wasn’t safe, but having your story go viral worldwide with a tell all interview, that was all good.

sr36

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you're PR'ing about something you can't remember?

I am happy to read or listen to it when someone finds a link. I cannot find anything after a few searches but maybe my keywords are not right.
It was linked in here if you could be bothered scrolling back. Find the date that Amy published her statement with paintings and then a day or two after that.

sr36

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which is the thing that gives me a laugh

It turns out speaking to the hawthorn investigation wasn’t safe, but having your story go viral worldwide with a tell all interview, that was all good.
I interpreted it as referring to speaking about Jacksons article as well. But would need to re-listen.

SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay

Seasoned Football Analyst
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

vs

Of course you do.

What PR campaign mate? I love this site, have made lots of friends here, but the idea what we're blethering on about here is going to have any impact on how this plays out is a bit silly.

The reality is the criticisms North supporters have had about how this has been handled have been largely vindicated as it has played out.

And the inescapable fact is that if the forced abortions claim cannot be stood up beyond two anonymous people having made it and refusing to back it up, let alone if it is disproven in the investigation, then there is going to be a serious reckoning for those who publicised that claim.

Remove this Banner Ad