NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
I don't know. Do you know?
I've never heard of it happening. Did Hodge, Judd etc etc?

It never happened at North in the 90s. (Probably should have tho.)

The only player I've ever heard it said about was Buddy.

Cos AFL players are adults and should be able to make their own decisions. Unless a footy club thinks they're children.

I've never heard of it happening. Did Hodge, Judd etc etc?

It never happened at North in the 90s. (Probably should have tho.)

The only player I've ever heard it said about was Buddy.

Cos AFL players are adults and should be able to make their own decisions. Unless a footy club thinks they're children.

Dusty as well? Another First Nations player.

No, they are both stories about indigenous players at Hawthorn having the club impose control on their personal lives during Clarkson's time as coach.
They aren't. Buddy's minder - I heard - was about cleaning up partying-related stuff rather than relationship guidance. Buddy was in the drivers seat.

Get it now?

But it's cool if you want to go on this wild goose chase. Enjoy the trip.

I wonder if Kennett has a Plan B where he is drafted in to replace Gower's when the AFL concludes the investigation

On the minder issue I am aware the Beyond Blue Board used a minder strategy at times to rein Jeff in from making ill judged statements.

If a middle manager with hiring and firing powers is "advising" someone they have those hiring and firing rights over to dump their pregnant partner, they should be stripped of their role. That's without getting to the abortion "advice".

I'm not a lawyer, but I was at drinkies thrown by one of the great big law firms with a mate who was. With him was his girlfriend, an "exuberant" lass with a great big pregnant belly which she had when he met her.

He was pulled aside by one of the gods of the place, and told "She is not a partner's wife. It's not your kid, just get rid of her."

It's not just young footballers who get workplace meddling.

This is the thing.

If you suggest that it is about Ian the person bullshitting his girlfriend, as so many young blokes do, then you're denying the lens of dispossession and intergenerational trauma.

But also, Chief and others have found a way to dispose of that lens when it comes to a young Noongar man in Lance Franklin being assigned a "minder".

Fwiw I tend to agree with them on Buddy. I just don't understand why they cant do the same with say Ian.

I'd be interested in an explanation as to how they, as white folks, have managed to find the line too.

Always has been, always will be.

The gun players get looked after to the extreme, the mere mortals get sacked for much lesser * ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just Kennett casually throwing bombs about the investigation. Again.

Funny how nobody - see Fagan most recently - will make any comment about it, yet here's Jeff openly discussing details and picking fights with the AFL.

But aye, nothing to do with him, he's not involved at all.

Find me a topic that Jeff doesn’t have something to say about.

He’s a mouthy *******, who doesn’t recognise that he’s yesterday’s news.

I'm not a lawyer, but I was at drinkies thrown by one of the great big law firms with a mate who was. With him was his girlfriend, an "exuberant" lass with a great big pregnant belly which she had when he met her.

He was pulled aside by one of the gods of the place, and told "She is not a partner's wife. It's not your kid, just get rid of her."

It's not just young footballers who get workplace meddling.
Yep and bosses coercing female employees to have sex with them still sometimes occurs. What's your point? Some other boss needs to get with the times?

The line in there about increasing AFL anger with Hawthorn is quite interesting.

I know - not saying you - a lot of Hawthorn supporters have bought the exceptionally convenient line that it was just a few bad apples (albeit four time flag winning bad apples lol) a long time ago and nothing to see here now, all fine and dandy, but it's looking more and more like the club itself is going to cop the big whacks if they come.
You can’t seriously be talking about posters “taking the convenient line” while deflecting constantly in here that Clarkson has nothing much to worry about and then at the exact same time suggesting Hawthorn is going to cop a big whack.

That some pretty heft mental gymnastics.

Yep and bosses coercing female employees to have sex with them still sometimes occurs. What's your point? Some other boss needs to get with the times?

My point is pretty * ing obvious.

Intrusion of work in life is so far from unusual that the schock horror in some quarters over the mere idea of it is ludicrous.

The more money you get paid the more the boss owns your arse. To think otherwise is idiotic.

Football clubs pay teenagers an obscene amount of money in their age group.

OF COURSE they feel entitled to manage that investment. You don't like it son? Plenty of others out there who will.

So * off and pursue a career in the lowly paid but spiritually rewarding field of manual labor.

You can’t seriously be talking about posters “taking the convenient line” while deflecting constantly in here that Clarkson has nothing much to worry about and then at the exact same time suggesting Hawthorn is going to cop a big whack.

That some pretty heft mental gymnastics.
Clarko didn't do much wrong, so he'll be fine, but Hawthorn will get smashed for what Clarko did wrong... Just odd.

Intrusion of work in life is so far from unusual that the schock horror in some quarters over the mere idea of it is ludicrous.

The more money you get paid the more the boss owns your arse. To think otherwise is idiotic.

OF COURSE they feel entitled to manage that investment. You don't like it son? Plenty of others out there who will.

So * off and pursue a career in the lowly paid but spiritually rewarding field of manual labor.

Harsh but fair. No doubt this dose of reality will rankle a few noses in these parts.

What’s your mate going to do?

Last edited:

If the pregnant girl in your story went to the press about your legal god, he'd be stuffed, without a leg to stand on. He's a dinosaur.
Work place coercion like that is no longer ok. Times have changed. It still occurs, but is no longer acceptable.

If the pregnant girl in your story went to the press about your legal god, he'd be stuffed, without a leg to stand on.
Work place coercion like that is no longer ok. Times have changed. It still occurs, but is no longer acceptable.

You obviously haven’t met many senior equity partners in high end law firms. Most wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Murder happens!

Why get shitty about it!?

Why am I not surprised at this dumb arse take by a person who was screaming for criminal charges to be laidon the basis of unsubstantiated allegations on day one.

I don't know what cloud cuckoo land you live on, but in the real world if you want the gold you have to put up with the s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back