NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
That's the whole point with the intergenerational impacts of abuse. And thus the need to address the past.
You simply can’t excuse abusers in this way, and this crosses racial divides. Where would that leave us?

Last edited:
You simply can’t excuse abusers in this way, and this crosses racial divides. Where would that leave us?
It's a reality that the abused are much more likely to abuse. It's not about excuses or race. It's about empathy and understanding. Cycles don't get broken by pretending there is no cycle. If we acknowledge that, it leaves us in a better position where we're more likely to be able to break cycles of abuse.

Last edited:

Jeezo, it isn't the top line of the interview, but he does say it, and it is quite a telling revelation ... that the report is now considered by unsafe by some of those who took part.
It tells us absolutely nothing that isn't obvious already.

Zero.

"It's turned out to be a shitstorm."

Wow.

This is the lynchpin to the anti-Amy crowd.

Lame af, bruh.

It tells us absolutely nothing that isn't obvious already.

Zero.

"It's turned out to be a shitstorm."

Wow.

This is the lynchpin to the anti-Amy crowd.

Lame af, bruh.

It tells us the Egan report - foundation of all this - is very shaky, to the point where a key participant's lawyer says it turned out to be unsafe.

Also lol at "anti-Amy crowd".

As I've said the whole time, I believe Amy.

But I also think, as josephine666 pointed out, Amy was bullshitted by her boyfriend.

Amy wouldn't be the first and won't be the last woman who got done over by a bloke who subsequently came crawling back and has chosen to accept his version of events as to why he left - a Bad Man made me leave you darl, honest I didn't want to - rather than confront the far uglier possibilty of why he left and why he's come back.

It tells us the Egan report - foundation of all this - is very shaky, to the point where a key participant's lawyer says it turned out to be unsafe.
After it leaked and the gossip and backgrounding started!

I'd believe it if you provided proof, which you must have as you're totes ITK.

I don't have a copy of the texts/emails no ... it will be interesting to see what the investigation finds though, given they have its management as one of their points to look into.

You’d perceive it whether it’s there or not, I have no doubt.

Well, no, I wouldn't perceive it if Hawthorn had hired someone who wasn't related to a key figure in the whole thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait until you hear about this other dude that was very specific in playing up what he wanted to hear, not bothering too much about the sourcing, not including and even wilfully ignoring accounts that didn't back up what he wanted the world to think in his report.
Are you referring to yourself?

It's one of the categories of inappropriate conduct that they are investigating about.
That may be a "fault" in his management of the situation, but no such "offense" exists in terms of redress.
They will need specifics and a provable case to move forward with anything substantial.
Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting or diminishing what is alleged to have happened.
Just being realistic.

That may be a "fault" in his management of the situation, but no such "offense" exists in terms of redress.
They will need specifics and a provable case to move forward with anything substantial.
Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting or diminishing what is alleged to have happened.
Just being realistic.
I'm not sure what you mean with the bolded. If an organisation discovers that middle managers with hiring and firing rights (perceived or actual) have been pressuring those in their command to leave their partners or have abortions, action can be taken against those managers - it would be negligent to not take action.

But yes,of course they'll need to substantiate the allegations to the point where it is believed to be probably true. That's the essence of the inquiry.

I'm not sure what you mean with the bolded. If an organisation discovers that middle managers with hiring and firing rights (perceived or actual) have been pressuring those in their command to leave their partners or have abortions, action can be taken against those managers - it would be negligent to not take action.

But yes,of course they'll need to substantiate the allegations to the point where it is believed to be probably true. That's the essence of the inquiry.

They tend to move those types around, with ‘counselling’

The victims get marked for bigger and better things….just kidding of course

I feel like you want the Hawthorn Report to be something it was never intended to be. That basic misunderstanding is causing a lot of angst.

What was it intended to be?

What was it intended to be?
It was pretty much just a satisfaction survey of past players. They were also tasked to look at current policies.

Basically, looks like Hawks thought they were doing a token thing that would come up bonza - only current policy - not past policy, which they've assumedly got up to scratch now and they thought the players would say - the club were good to me. Tick Tick - Shut up Cyril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back