NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
See now you are just trolling, says you hu?

You need new material.
I don't think you know what trolling is. Look for a moderators posts in this thread if you want to learn.

Don't trust your own interpretation?

AI may end up reducing all our collective brain functions.
It was in reply to someone above who found they had to use Google to discover the bleeding obvious.

In other words she was asking for it

Do you honestly lack the appropriate comprehension skills to even understand what you’re typing?
When players don't want to talk, they keep walking. They're then chased and harassed. It's physical. Like this example:

But god forbid you tell em to eff off. Today's double standards trophy goes to you :trophy:

Last edited:
He said it to her and two men as they were going over the line in harassing players. He clearly meant one day you will face public scrutiny and might reflect on how you have acted today.

Any other way of taking it is ridiculous and shows a bias.
Now now...that's too much common sense for this thread.

Really?

What were you implying here then?
I meant the same thing that I've said about this since day 1.

It's very, very possible that Clarkson did all the stuff that he's been accused of, and it's also very, very possible that his intentions were good.
And it's also very, very possible that his idea of good intentions is very different to many others, and as a result what he views as him being a good bloke - could be interpreted as him being an arsehole by others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that Fagan is really in the firing line though, is he?

It's never really felt like he ever has been to be honest.
Were the accusations not aimed at Fagan, Burt and Clarkson? Newbold too I guess.

What do you mean?
A contract extension can be made completely separate to the investigation. It's not Brisbane's prerogative to determine any wrongdoing or not by Fagan at Hawthorn, that's the role of the report.

From their side this could be covered by standard clauses with a coach's contract or by inserting a specific clause regarding the outcome of this investigation. The extension doesn't necessarily mean any indication of "nothing to see here folks".

A contract extension can be made completely separate to the investigation. It's not Brisbane's prerogative to determine any wrongdoing or not by Fagan at Hawthorn, that's the role of the report.

From their side this could be covered by standard clauses with a coach's contract or by inserting a specific clause regarding the outcome of this investigation. The extension doesn't necessarily mean any indication of "nothing to see here folks".
You may well be right. I was a bit surprised they did this extension now. I wasn't implying that the extension meant that he was innocent of all accusations but that Brisbane may have accepted his version of events.

Looking at it - club has dumped the extension news hoping it is blocked out by the captaincy announcement.

Plausible deniability, Fagan can say "oh it's about the players, not me" and look generous while ducking scrutiny.

Shrewd.

When players don't want to talk, they keep walking. They're then chased and harassed. It's physical. Like this example:

But god forbid you tell em to eff off. Today's double standards trophy goes to you :trophy:
So again she deserves it right ?

You are really doing everything you can to place the blame on the reporter rather than on Clarkson’s behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back