NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
Not sure why Hodge had to put out a statement. Nothing to stop him privately supporting them but publicly doing so is just fanning the flames.
To me it looks like Hodge is trying to protect his own reputation.
All this happened under his watch, and I find it hard to believe he saw none of it.

wonder who leaked the report

The real question is why did Hawthorn make it so leakable, not even making sure it is legally privileged.

So if the allegations are accurate, what should the penalty be in your eyes?

You'd be better off expending energy having a think about the allegations first.

Who does North get now? Not a lot to chose from left.

We'd use the bloke who was caretaker for half the season in the exceptionally unlikely event Clarkson isn't coaching us for any length of time.

Honestly all i can see is morons all around. Seems a massive own goal from Hawthorn. Making it privileged wouldnt stop it being leaked though.

No, but it would have put it in a far better shape when it was.

Made it something that could withstand contact with the real world in when an earnest but limited doofus well out of his depth like Jackson got involved.

Egan's report may as well have come from The Ponds Institute in that regard.

As it is, the families who gave evidence - who I believe* - have the choice now of accepting an AFL settlement that leaves them feeling cheated, or getting up on a stand and have KCs rip their yarning with Egan to tatters.

Jackson's cackhanded effort has ensured this will be an adversarial process now, and none of this is withstanding any formal process.

At best people might prove Clarkson was a prick to them in the same way he was a prick to lots of people too, in the same way lots of people across the whole industry of decades have been pricks.

That's not getting anyone sacked or their coaching accreditation taken away ffs.

If im being honest i would have been laughing if Clarko went to Essendon. Almost as funny as if they reappointed Hird. I kind of feel a bit guilty as a Hawthorn supported though about him landing at North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is incredibly disgusting posting.

Why?

Walker was suspended for racism a year ago.

If Hodge is meant to have "known" about racism under Clarkson, why wouldn't Adelaide players have known about Walker?

The inability of people to think on this one is stunning.

Firstly, we're the most performatively progressive and lefty club in the comp, we rely on that stuff to pay the bills.

If there was a hint at this stuff being as bad as Rusty Skills made out, we'd have sacked him.

And yes, we would.

We sacked our captain and best player over principle in the off season, back when we really couldn't afford it.

I would like to run a poll that was purely for North supporters.

If the allegations are true, do you want him at your club?

Every North supporter I know personally does not.
Of course we don't. We'd just like to hear both sides of the story first. Unless you are a journalist there is no benefit in jumping to conclusions.

It's not just up to the members anyway. It should be the playing group and in particular the indigenous members of the player group who should decide really.

Do you think all indigenous people share a group chat where they share their instances of trauma? What an absolutely dumb thing to say.

Do you think footy players in general and especially closer knit groups like mob that come from the same place/share kinship networks don't talk?

Why?

If Hodge is meant to have "known" about racism under Clarkson, why wouldn't Adelaide players have known about Walker?

Firstly, we're the most performatively progressive and lefty club in the comp, we rely on that stuff to pay the bills.

If there was a hint at this stuff being as bad as Rusty Skills made out, we'd have sacked him.

And yes, we would.

We sacked our captain and best player over principle in the off season, back when we really couldn't afford it.
For all we know Tex made a one off terrible comment.
Why would his team mates assume he's a racist before that?
It's incredibly disgusting to insinuate players should assume anyone is a racist for no reason.

There was actual racism happening at Hawthorn under Hodges watch.

Not comparable in the slightest.
For you to not understand the difference makes you incredibly dumb.

Why?

And yes, we would.

“I don’t care if he’s a racist, I just want him to make my team not s**t anymore! It’s so bloody unfair that this has happened! Why won’t someone think of North Melbourne!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back