NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
I think this because it shows how easy it was for Newbolt to just lie by denial and how it is the strategy of choice when you have been exposed.
Newbolt was tripped up so easily.
The others...well there are just too many people with detailed accounts and as it turns out email records that these events happened as they said they did. Why did Newbolt need to lie do you think?
AFL commision modus operandi

It says

Kind Regards
Andrew
Sent from my iPhone

Honestly it doesn’t matter. He was either asleep at the wheel or lying (if the emails are genuine). Either way it’s poor and I’m inclined to believing lying to cover his arse.
Who would of thought a member of the boys club getting caught in a documented lie

If the players and partners are lying , yes.

He is choosing not to reply yet claims he has not had a chance to air his version….. but has made 2 statements :rolleyes:
If your a victim Al tells us why??
Would you believe him if he said they are lying?

I honestly believe that short of a full admission and mea culpa, some in here wouldnt be happy with whatever Clarkson did at this point.

Would you believe him if he said they are lying?

Initial statement by Clarkson:

As the matters are now subject to an investigation, I will not make any further comment at this stage.

Of course the media are going to run articles and reports as more details emerge - maybe, you know, don't say anything at all like you initially said? I think both of you know anything he says is just emboldening those who are calling for his head. Personally, I think we should wait until the investigation is complete but Clarkson et al opening their mouths to disparage their accusers, just makes it worse and worse especially if they are pleading for patience with the investigation. I am sure you both know about the art of the standard 'no comment'.

Hang on a second - looks like there is a financial payment suggestion to those effected as part of the report... Why was this never raised in the ABC article... I thought it was about closure and preventing it ever happening again - not about money? What an interesting twist

Hang on a second - looks like there is a financial payment suggestion to those effected as part of the report... Why was this never raised in the ABC article... I thought it was about closure and preventing it ever happening again - not about money? What an interesting twist
🙄

Next comes the "hey yeah just like Lumumba, just in it for the money" nuffies

The report was a strange one. The two limitations seem large. Fully independent would have been better, more respondents. Investigating First Nation and other groups would have provided context and perhaps even stronger contrast into discriminative approaches across different groups.

As it is the scope of feedback has been limited, for now. Other folk may step forward in the future if they see the investigation going in the right and safe direction quite separated from HFC and the AFL. An independent look into things could have gone deeper and been even more harrowing. Though one has to start somewhere. I suppose.

The limitation to just First Nation means that it cannot be categorical that racism is a cause, what if such alleged behaviour had applied to other yet unidentified folk too? Much more digging is required for a fuller picture.

That was the recommendation made by the authors of the report. It certainly wasn't a case of players going to the media - remember this report was commissioned by the Hawks so players could have a chance to have their say.

Restitution has been mentioned since day one, keep up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North has really copped a mess here, not of their making.

I can't see how Clarko will coach next year with these continuous allegations, nnough mud has stuck

Sponsors will be putting the NOrth board under pressure for an exit strategy and players who might have come for Clarko aren't going to want to touch that for now either.
And if he is cleared by the AFL, then North are facing a massive payout to him. They are stuck in a no win situation currently

Why would anyone think financial compensation is appropriate IF the allegations as stated are proven to be true? Unless the persons involve believe they suffered a loss of income/earnings as a result (don't see how thats possible).
I wouldn't know, but on Judge Judy people often ask for compensation for pain and suffering.

That was the recommendation made by the authors of the report. It certainly wasn't a case of players going to the media - remember this report was commissioned by the Hawks so players could have a chance to have their say.
They should be compensated. And well, for the trauma caused if the investigation rules in their favour. Why shouldn't they! Wouldn't you if that happened to your family?

Someone who is not currently employed at the club delisted a 2022 playing member? We have more issues than I thought.

Ummm you sacked most of your footy staff and already hired Clarkson’s mates.

Don’t be stupid, of course they are making decisions on the playing list already.

Don’t stress though.

Your club is desperate enough to take him back once he’s served his ban.

The Code Sports article has them up on Google Drive.

These emails are damning. They raise many issues.

However, this is a humanity issue. It's about treating ALL people with dignity and respect.

Nowhere in these emails is there any reference to the players race. Nor should there be. Race does not matter.

The cynic in me makes me think the pathetic organisation that is the ABC only ran with this story so they could bring up the race issue. Would they have ran with a similar story if it involved a non-indigenous player and partner? I'd take a punt and suggest similar situations have occurred to non-indigenous players.

Labelling someone a racist rather than a disrespectful human being makes for a better headline.

The players and thier partners DID NOT instigate the investigation. It was Hawthorn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back