NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty big allegations coming out, implicating some big names.

Family separations and pregnancy termination: Hawthorn racism review reveals shock allegations against former coaches

An external review commissioned by the Hawthorn Football Club will reveal allegations that key figures at the AFL club demanded the separation of young First Nations players from their partners, and pressured one couple to terminate a pregnancy for the sake of the player's career.

The review document, handed to Hawthorn's senior management two weeks ago and now with the AFL integrity unit, will allege that club staff involved include four-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson and former assistant Chris Fagan, now the coach of the Brisbane Lions.

"Clarkson just leaned over me and demanded that I needed to get rid of my unborn child and my partner. I was then manipulated and convinced to remove my SIM card from my phone, so there was no further contact between my family and me. They told me I’d be living with one of the other coaches from that night onwards.

It goes on. It gets worse.

EDIT:

Mclachlan Press Conference Video:

Fagan to take a Leave of Absence:

Clarkson start to be delayed pending the outcome of the investigation:

Full statement from Clarkson:

The health, care and welfare of our players, staff and their families were always my highest priorities during my time at Hawthorn Football Club.

I was therefore shocked by the extremely serious allegations reported in the media earlier today. I was not interviewed by the authors of the report commissioned by the Club, and nor have I been provided with a copy of the report.

I was not afforded any due process and I refute any allegation of wrongdoing or misconduct and look forward to the opportunity to be heard as part of the AFL external investigation.

I have today contacted the President of North Melbourne Football Club and we have mutually agreed that I will step back from my responsibilities at the Club so I can fully cooperate in the investigation.

As the matters are now subject to an investigation, I will not make any further comment at this stage.

Hawthorn Club Statement, Wednesday 21 September:

Club statement

Earlier this year the Hawthorn Football Club engaged external First Nations consultants to liaise with current and former First Nations players and staff to learn more about their experience at the club.

This important work has raised disturbing historical allegations that require further investigation. Upon learning of these allegations, the club immediately engaged AFL Integrity as is appropriate.

The club will continue to provide support to those who have participated in this process, and their wellbeing remains our priority.

While the process indicated the current environment at the club is culturally safe, it also recommended that some of the club’s current First Nations training and development programs should continue to be strengthened.

The club places the best interests and welfare of our players and staff as our number one priority.

Given the matters raised are confidential, the club will not provide any further comment at this time.

ABC Statement on contacting relevant parties before their article was published - Note ABC article and Hawthorn report are separate things.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
"Clarkson just leaned over me and demanded that I needed to get rid of my unborn child and my partner. I was then manipulated and convinced to remove my SIM card from my phone, so there was no further contact between my family and me. They told me I’d be living with one of the other coaches from that night onwards.
He felt he had no choice. "He told me to kill my unborn kid."

What in the name of living fck balls ?!.

Sickening if true.

Last edited:

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Holy s**t, that's bad. Absolute scum.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs

What in the name of living fck balls ?!.

Sickening if true.

Absolutely disgusting, and only allegations at this stage, but if proven correct, oh boy, Clarkson's tenure at North Melbourne will be a very short one!!

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Horrific reading but Russell Jackson is a very diligent writer and I daresay wouldn't even go close to printing without substantiated allegations. He mentions emails in the article - no doubt he's read them. I feel sick. I can't imagine how the players and their partners would ever properly heal after the miscarriage or coerced abortion.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Clarkson, Fagan & Burt (not sure if he’s still in the AFL) all mentioned several times. I have to imagine, and hope, that there will be some consequences for this.

That kind of behaviour is just truly abominable. What the **** was going on at that club?? Reading the ABC article made me sad, above all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back