Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
Some pretty disturbing photos from her past have emerged:

CenHaSaWQAAH0Ts.jpg

We will probably never find out exactly what's gone on but for her to be given the flick so early means she was performing quite poorly.

I believe it has something to do with the AFLW application, she put the Dingley project on the back burner and went hard at the AFLW application which failed miserably.

Aug 28, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I believe it has something to do with the AFLW application, she put the Dingley project on the back burner and went hard at the AFLW application which failed miserably.

This.

Haven't heard a peep about Dingley from the club all year, which is strange as it is apparently our no. 1 priority.

Would not be surprised at all if this sacking has to do with the failed AFLW bid as the club would've put an enormous amount of resources into getting that over the line.

Jtree

All Australian
Aug 27, 2012
New Perth City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
For years BF posters have waited impatiently for cracks to appear in the Hawthorn's hilarious facade. Today our prayers were finally answered.

I hope this minor blip in Hawthorns otherwise ridiculously professional radar can help ease the years of pain you've endured sir. ;)

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Sounds like she was ill prepared for the job

It has also been reported negative feedback from the AFL played a part.

The Herald Sun understands senior football officials were made aware of the plans as early as Tuesday last week, putting Hawthorn in the mix to lure former AFL operations manager Simon Lethlean and former Western Bulldogs CEO Simon Garlick.

The dual Olympian’s inexperience has been called into question creating a disconnect with the Hawks’ football department, including senior coach Alastair Clarkson.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...b/news-story/6c5b960ccde6901bb05a1afacf5a6c18

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
5 month selection process for a 5 month appointment?

Fair enough decision if she wasn't performing, they've acted quickly. But questions need to be asked about the selection process which obviously spent money and time getting it so wrong.

I wonder if they'll go through another complete months long process, just appoint somebody quickly, or pick number 2 from the original selection process.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
One of the highest positions in the UCI and recognised as highly influential in that role. I’d put money on the fact she wasn’t putting up with Clarko’s angry personality and he got his knickers in a twist.

The UCI has been a joke of an organisation for a while. Wouldn't use that as an example of being good at a job.

demoniac

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2003
Lovetown
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mighty Dees
Clarkson to add CEO role to his coaching responsibilities.

Looking back on 2016 Trade Period it did appear that there was no one willing to say no to Clarko left at the Hawks post Fagan and Evans leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
One of the highest positions in the UCI and recognised as highly influential in that role. I’d put money on the fact she wasn’t putting up with Clarko’s angry personality and he got his knickers in a twist.
The article on the Age implied people involved in cycling were surprised she was selected.

Back