Hawthorn sack CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

You're kidding... The Paralympic committee has the whole bottom floor. It has fantastic, permanently staffed facilities out there, and gets to use the wider facility whenever it wants so long as it doesn't conflict with the football department.

**** me dead. Do you also suspect that fluffy unicorns are kept in the paddock out the back?

No, Evans has NOT paid off the facility. So your suspicion was based on what exactly, your wet dreams?

We have poker machine revenue from multiple sites.

We also have a stated intent to reduce our reliance on that revenue, which is part of the plans for expansion at the TVSC.

Just... just don't post. Bloody hell.

Vinnie (the real one) would get his facts right, this imposter isn't worthy of comment unable to post anything approaching a fact..

That nothing has been mentioned on the club's Twitter account or website is pretty unusual; suggests that the fallout could still have a way to go.

One of the directors has stepped down, AFL reported she was sacked, Hawks put out the most pathetic presser saying she "stepped down".... Yeh, okay Hawthorn, she decided to step down after 5 months in the role, give me strength, stop treating the fans like idiots.

Heading down the rabbit hole very quickly, more fall out to come imo.

After hawthorn were rejected for an AFLW team, a week later they sack her. I don't think that's a coincidence...

It's a complete coincidence.

Hawthorn did not apply in the first round of licenses for AFLW, didn't even receive a provisional license for later entry. Given that lack of interest it was unlikely Hawthorn would leapfrog teams who had shown earlier commitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club president has come out and refuted media reports that she was moved on. Citing personal and family reasons for her departure.

Well I'm buying that /sarcasm

The club president has come out and refuted media reports that she was moved on. Citing personal and family reasons for her departure.
That old chestnut. Obviously she can't come out publicly and say she has been sacked, other getting another potential job that much more difficult. This has Clarkos fingerprints all over it, hates been told what to do and now running the ship like a dictatorship. The little man will run the club into the ground.

That old chestnut. Obviously she can't come out publicly and say she has been sacked, other getting another potential job that much more difficult. This has Clarkos fingerprints all over it, hates been told what to do and now running the ship like a dictatorship. The little man will run the club into the ground.
Coming from an Essendon supporter, you have my full and undivided attention on the matter.

It's a complete coincidence.

Hawthorn did not apply in the first round of licenses for AFLW, didn't even receive a provisional license for later entry. Given that lack of interest it was unlikely Hawthorn would leapfrog teams who had shown earlier commitment.
I remember last week reading her reaction on behalf of the club to missing out on the womens team and thinking it was rare to see a club so critical of the AFL. Perhaps sensitive Gil couldnt deal with that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back