Universal Love Hawthorn - team of the year (2015) - AIS Sport Performance Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon Hawkers... get on board and vote up the Hawks in this People's Choice award.

Vote early, vote often! (Note: Voting for the ABC Sports Personality of the Year and Team of the Year closes 17 February at 12pm AEDT.)

http://aisawards.abc.net.au/

PS: and perhaps vote for anyone but Fyfe in the 'sports personality' category. Personally, I am very disappointed that *Hird wasn't one of the options.

No way the Australian men's cricket team should be in the running for it after losing the Ashes, especially after the Trent Bridge all out 60 debacle. Happy to have the women's team (Southern Stars) in there, though.

I voted Anna Meares for Personality of the Year.

Hawks of course, and Pocock, even though I despise any form of rugby. He does a lot of other great work for the world. Helps animals and people less fortunate than himself. Uses his name to speak out on these type of issues too. I admire people like that.

ah well.... maybe the Haw-four-n Hawks might snare the prize next year. :(

Well done Diamonds!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-24/david-pocock-wins-abc-sports-personality-of-the-year/7196626
Has an AFL side ever won the award? If you're asking Australians to vote on the best team and you present them with a national side (who most Australians would at least notionally support) and a footy club that the majority of Australians wouldn't support (either they support another or don't care for the code) then chances are that some bias will creep in.

That's not to say the Diamonds aren't deserved winners, but that it's not really an impartial audience voting.

Has an AFL side ever won the award? If you're asking Australians to vote on the best team and you present them with a national side (who most Australians would at least notionally support) and a footy club that the majority of Australians wouldn't support (either they support another or don't care for the code) then chances are that some bias will creep in.

That's not to say the Diamonds aren't deserved winners, but that it's not really an impartial audience voting.

I think the awards are typical "ABC awards", plenty of awards to minority sports and unknown sportspeople. The most popular sports are AFL and rugby league, but they hardly get a look in.

In netball, it's just Australia vs New Zealand, very few countries play the sport.
And the Wallabies are much the same, the All Blacks plus South Africa.

It's a pretty meaningless award now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back