Traded Hawthorn trade 2017 1st round pick, Picks 23 and 36 to St Kilda, receive Saints' Pick 10 and 68

Remove this Banner Ad

You're more than welcome to.. but it's true and we don't have cap issues..

the other issue here is, fyfe has been less than happy with freo sliding down the ladder. he needs to see that they will bounce back and be a premiership threat. if i were hawthorn, i wouldnt want my side to fall futher down the ladder than what they were coming into the finals series. he will need to see that he can win a flag at hawthorn

he wouldnt want to be a buddy IMO go to another club on big money, play in 2 losing grand finals and 1 failed finals campaign, because there's not enough good players around him

the other issue here is, fyfe has been less than happy with freo sliding down the ladder. he needs to see that they will bounce back and be a premiership threat. if i were hawthorn, i wouldnt want my side to fall futher down the ladder than what they were coming into the finals series. he will need to see that he can win a flag at hawthorn

he wouldnt want to be a buddy IMO go to another club on big money, play in 2 losing grand finals and 1 failed finals campaign, because there's not enough good players around him
Obviously the first bit is correct, I think the confidence in Hawthorn to trade away our first rounder next year shows we're not planning on going anywhere, as Clarko put it at the BNF, "I know the footy world is saying thank god Hawthorn didn't win it. We're saying, get ready we're coming again."

Not sure of the Sydney comparison, that would be more appropriate of a side such as St Kilda, who have a history of being soft and choking when the going gets tough, as evidenced by only having won 1 flag, and a club culture of failure.

Would Fyfe really want to go there?

Obviously the first bit is correct, I think the confidence in Hawthorn to trade away our first rounder next year shows we're not planning on going anywhere, as Clarko put it at the BNF, "I know the footy world is saying thank god Hawthorn didn't win it. We're saying, get ready we're coming again."

Not sure of the Sydney comparison, that would be more appropriate of a side such as St Kilda, who have a history of being soft and choking when the going gets tough, as evidenced by only having won 1 flag, and a club culture of failure.

You'll find that history doesn't have a large factor in player movements. It's about the current picture.

when did i say Fyfe was going to St Kilda? I was merely stating that your hawthorn ego stroke is way off the mark here

personally i think he stays at Freo

With the pick swapping, points are meant to be within 300.
But with a future pick involved there's no way of controlling it so it goes through.
Afl would still have to pass it and can see what Hawthorn are doing in pursuit of Jaeger O'Meara.

If the points need to be withing 300 then the AFL cant tick this trade off as even in the best case scenario the points difference is 818 pts.

So what your saying is all you need to do in any trade it tack on a future 4th rounder and you can do whatever points differential you like?

Pfft, he's been at Sydney for three years has won two minor premierships and played in two grand finals could've played in three finals series but unfortunley he needed time off for his mental health issues

We haven't won a grand final yet, but he still has another 6 years lol.

He doesn't have enough good players around him? Heeney? Mills? JPK? Hanners? Parker (runners up for Brownlow)? Tippet? Grundy? and a lot more!

That's only assuming that Hawthorn crash and burn next season, which i doubt.

Even if Hawks are top 4 in 17, Saints effectively get at worst 18, 23 and 36 for 10. Puts us in a very strong position to make a big play in 2017 - 2 first rounders, a second rounder and a lot of cap room. And still we have a chance to pick up some decent kids at 23 and 36 this year.

Big win for Saints who took advantage of Hawks desperate need for a low pick this year.

If the points need to be withing 300 then the AFL cant tick this trade off as even in the best case scenario the points difference is 818 pts.

So what your saying is all you need to do in any trade it tack on a future 4th rounder and you can do whatever points differential you like?
Well if I remember correctly last year we heard it had to be within 300 for clubs switching picks with academy tied clubs so they could get their players. Sydney & GWS.

I guess really the afl just has to tick it off whatever it is.
They can see what's happening here.

They won't tick off 2 firsts for a future fourth

Bad trade for StKilda. They need the pick this year to add to their rebuild. Same as Essendon can't waste 12 months for Hibberds pick. Puts the kids development and clubs behind a year.
I know they got 23 and 36 but they are not a top 10 pick.
Ameet dudded again!

They actually don't.

We already have Jack Steele coming into the midfield and likely Koby Stevens. With Carlisle, that is 3 good ins to our 22, no significant outs. Saints have said last couple of years they would look to make a big play. 2017 is another development year for us. End of 17 is the ideal time to make that play and with 2 first rounders, a second round and plenty of cap space, I think that is the perfect timing for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfft, he's been at Sydney for three years has won two minor premierships and played in two grand finals could've played in three finals series but unfortunley he needed time off for his mental health issues

We haven't won a grand final yet, but he still has another 6 years lol.

He doesn't have enough good players around him? Heeney? Mills? JPK? Hanners? Parker (runners up for Brownlow)? Tippet? Grundy? and a lot more!

gee with so many great players i wonder why they havent won a flag whilst he's been there?

btw i agree all those players are great but its not enough you need a great team

gee with so many great players i wonder why they havent won a flag whilst he's been there?

btw i agree all those players are great but its not enough you need a great team

Add players like Tom Mitchell, Gary Rohan, Allir Allir, Dane Rampe, Nick Smith, Sam Reid and Sam Naismith!

Not looking for an argument, but imo swans have the best list in the AFL. GWS will overtake us soon tbh with the amount of picks they have but for now we've got the best list.

"Swans have the best list in the AFL"
Seems irrelevant to bring up a past player
He was saying how the swans didn't have enough good players to be a great team and that's why we didn't win the grand final.

Then I brought up Mitchell cause he played for us this year mate, still without Tom Mitchell I think we still have the best list it's just my opinion man.

He was saying how the swans didn't have enough good players to be a great team and that's why we didn't win the grand final.

Then I brought up Mitchell cause he played for us this year mate, still without Tom Mitchell I think we still have the best list it's just my opinion man.
Pretty sure that's not what he was saying, more along the lines of 'champion team v team of champions'

this. freo have been shedding players and freeing up cap like mad this season. hawks on the other hand are stretching their cap with bringing more players in

freo will match any FA bid, nothing surer

We would be interested in Fyfe in the sense that if available we would have a crack. I dont see us having space though.

We would need to move on a lot... more than just Hodge Gibbo and Burgoyne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back