Traded Hawthorn trade #30 to North Melbourne for #53, #70 and their 2020 R2 pick

Remove this Banner Ad

that is a possibility, picks 15 and 20 would be burned in matching, while their pick 22 would be pushed up. Personally I can’t see clubs wanting to waste 1st round draft picks on matching bids, but you never know.
They just get two worst picks though. I'd much rather 7, Henry, 20 & 22 rather than 7, Henry & 27

Always nice when there's a win-win trade. Hawthorn obviously targeting a pick between 15-20 if possible, nothing will be done until draft night though. It'll all be dependent on when a bid for Finn either comes or doesn't come.

I can certainly see why Hawks have made the trade, it is brilliant for them.
I also acknowledge the lower picks are meaningless to North as they are unable to use them, but still, there doesnt seem a lot of benefit for them. The straight 30 for Nth Second round seems to already be slightly in Hawks favour. It should be the Hawks chucking in the steak knives not North.
I was hoping to read through the thread and pick up something I'd missed.

I also acknowledge the lower picks are meaningless to North as they are unable to use them, but still, there doesnt seem a lot of benefit for them. The straight 30 for Nth Second round seems to already be slightly in Hawks favour. It should be the Hawks chucking in the steak knives not North.
You haven’t missed anything we have simply shifted next years second rounder for this years

We didn’t gain or lose

But hawks gained by avoiding a finn bid and having currency next year to provide flexibility

I wonder if Hawthorn have something lined up as a plan on draft night.

Take a player with 11.

The first pick of the second round in 2020 will be 20 before any of the academy picks come through. If North finish 9th the pick will be 30 before the academy picks.

It is a good deal for the Hawks because they get the picks extra this year but a straight swap of 30 for their 2020 second would have been risky.

I wonder if Hawthorn have something lined up as a plan on draft night.

Take a player with 11.

The first pick of the second round in 2020 will be 20 before any of the academy picks come through. If North finish 9th the pick will be 30 before the academy picks.

It is a good deal for the Hawks because they get the picks extra this year but a straight swap of 30 for their 2020 second would have been risky.

Biggest gain is being able to trade our future 1st on draft day if we can strike a deal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back