List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a Ricky Henderson/Jonathan Ceglar/Matt Spangher feel to it. I think that this is where we really excel....

Hawks eye delisted Saint Minchington

12 October 2018

While a much smaller priority than high-profile Hawks trade targets Tom Scully and Chad Wingard, it’s understood the Hawks have indicated that the ex-Saint is on their radar, potentially as a delisted free agent, although won’t make a commitment to the pressure forward until after the trade period, leaving him in a similar position to several out-of-contract Hawks.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hawks-eye-delisted-saint-minchington-20181012-p509b4.html

Has a Ricky Henderson/Jonathan Ceglar feel to it. I think that this is where we really excel....

12 October 2018

While a much smaller priority than high-profile Hawks trade targets Tom Scully and Chad Wingard, it’s understood the Hawks have indicated that the ex-Saint is on their radar, potentially as a delisted free agent, although won’t make a commitment to the pressure forward until after the trade period, leaving him in a similar position to several out-of-contract Hawks.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hawks-eye-delisted-saint-minchington-20181012-p509b4.html
Henderson was somewhat proven.

What has Minchington done? I just dont see it

Has a Ricky Henderson/Jonathan Ceglar/Matt Spangher feel to it. I think that this is where we really excel....

12 October 2018

28 games in 7 years?
Sheesh.
Would want a pretty big turnaround in this guy.

I'm excited about today's developments, but I want to get off this ride, it is making my guts churn. This goes on for way too long.

Point of relaxation, celebration, sadness:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...&p0=152&msg=End+of+trade+period&font=sanserif

I can promise you when that thing has finished counting down the rest of BF will be in meltdown and asking themselves "how?" after they realise we have mastered trade period once again....

Kept Burton, Acquired Wingard, Scully, Patton, Scrimshaw (maybe even pick 3 is the murmurings, yes meaning we lose someone)...

#headf***ed will be back in all its glory... SIT TIGHT, TRUST THESE ABSOLUTE SHARKS WE HAVE IN CHARGE!

Somebody on the Port board bumped up a thread titled "

Who won the Burgoyne Trade?".

If anyone thinks we are having a hard time waiting for these deals to close then spare a thought for the Port supporters when they find out it will be pick 15 and loose change they will get for Wingard.

We paid a fair price for Burgoyne.

Port just stuffed their picks.

A good reason why we shouldn't give them many more picks to waste for wingard :p

Holy s**t that is a flag winning side

Let’s take a step back. It is far from delivered yet, but even with some of the licence that is displayed there we are on the right path. In two to three years we will be ready to really challenge.

Reality is there will be at least four retirements from that team next 12 months. Long, long way to go. Improve the depth. We will pick up some more depth before this coming week is out but hopefully prepare for some to come in from the Draft.
We are some way of it. Let’s be realistic.

If we were to get Patton we need to strip the weight off him and not play him in the ruck.

Oh and FFS don't give him No.36

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's weird, he has needed to strip weight for years and hasn't done it (to my eye).

Lived in Sydney in the early GWS days and it was strange watching him expand while Hawthorn were putting our guys on diets.

Let’s take a step back. It is far from delivered yet, but even with some of the licence that is displayed there we are on the right path. In two to three years we will be ready to really challenge.
I am daring to dream.

On a side note Freo baulking at 2 x 1st rounders for Hogan has also screwed up GC with their May situation. GC knows for sure May will go next year, and should accept 1 x 1st round for him closer to the last day.
Given Gold Coast will probably finish in the bottom 5, and aren’t going to get pick one for May, there is no harm in waiting a year. They will have a stack of picks in this draft anyway...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick, May, Stratton
Birchall, Frawley, Sicily
Smith, Mitchell, Scully
Gunston, Roughead, Wingard
Breust, Patton, Puopolo
McEvoy, O'Meara, Shiels
Burgoyne, Worpel, Impey, Morrison

I'm being conservative with the additions tho and Burton might stay.
I think you're right that Dylan Shiel would just miss out on the best 22.

AFL.com are still saying that Burton is on the table and is doing a medical with Port in Las Vegas, and it will be up to Burton to decide if he leaves.

All afternoon we heard he was off the table.

WTF!

Can someone please post the 2019 team with all these additions thx
I went the early crow on Titch in a very big way.

It was at the GF parade with the misses (a bulldog tragic) the year they won the flag.

I noticed that as cars slowly went past there would be a loud initial roar and then a few moments of silence between the next cheer for the next car.

I look up and see Tom Mitchell and Dane Rampe approaching. I was in a bit of a s**t stirring mood, my team not involved and all and for some reason without knowing any real detail that he was coming, other than a gut feeling, screamed “Tom Mitchell, WELCOME TO HAWTHORN” at the top of my lungs, just as the cheering fans became silent.

I’ll never forget that screwed up look of anguish on his face. He’s clearly a pretty serious performer and you could just tell he wanted to get off the tray and hit something but all he could do was stiffen the upper lip and smile even though half the crowd who were obviously following the news had a good belly laugh.

The best bit though was when Dane Rampe grabbed him in a headlock and gave him a noogie with a smile from ear to ear and that’s when I knew it was happening.

Kinda feel bad for messing with a hawthorn champions mindset the day before the GF but at the time I was committed to the dogs and he was Sydney scum...

For what it’s worth i feel bad but I’m still not sorry titch!

Last edited:
I can promise you when that thing has finished counting down the rest of BF will be in meltdown and asking themselves "how?" after they realise we have mastered trade period once again....

Kept Burton, Acquired Wingard, Scully, Patton, Scrimshaw (maybe even pick 3 is the murmurings, yes meaning we lose someone)...

#headf***ed will be back in all its glory... SIT TIGHT, TRUST THESE ABSOLUTE SHARKS WE HAVE IN CHARGE!
Are you legit ITK or just a hype man

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Boy Big statement.

If all this happens especially with pick three I’ll, I’ll, I don’t even know...

s**t can’t happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back