List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope some of the “We need to land a big fish or we are no longer a destination club” and the “Hurry up and make a trade” brigade are not whinging about Burto being put up for trade.

Don’t get me wrong I do not want us to trade Burton, but surely the ones crying out for us to land an A grader knew there was going to be some collateral damage to get the deal done.

You can’t have your cake and eat it as well.

Yep true. I keep getting told we wouldn’t give up 2 first rounders for Shiel but prepared to give up 15 and Burton which is interesting.

I’m calling Bullshit.

No need to say what everyone else has said already about the proposed deal.,. Rubbish.

#wingardisthetarget will get to the Hawks. Absolutely a game changer & adds a dynamic that we have missed while Cyril was injured. He can replicate that.
Can’t wait to see him running around as a Hawk.

My 6yr old will be devastated if Burto is on the table. I have been talking Ryan up all year as a gun in waiting while he learns the players names.

I cannot fathom how Port wouldn’t accept our first & second & a player if required.

At least our first & their first gives them leverage to get to 2 or 3

I hope some of the “We need to land a big fish or we are no longer a destination club” and the “Hurry up and make a trade” brigade are not whinging about Burto being put up for trade.

Don’t get me wrong I do not want us to trade Burton, but surely the ones crying out for us to land an A grader knew there was going to be some collateral damage to get the deal done.

You can’t have your cake and eat it as well.

That’s me.. And I’m saying we walk away if Burton is part of any deal, it’s simple, he is more important for us long term than Chad is.

This is why we need to pay overs for free agents, getting in these s**t fights is good for no-one.

Burton can’t be apart of any deal.

I don’t know.

I am going to stop hitting refresh and go to bed.

There seemed constant “going home” noise about Burton the past 12 months, so maybe it is indeed happening.

But so much bullshit being reported I will wait till it’s confirmed by HFC before I worry any further.

I’m warming to this idea of trading burton. Yes it’s overs, but Wingard is quality.

If we’re able to lock away this scrimshaw kid, and at the same time get rid of burton’s salary I believe we will be in prime position next year.

It’s the change in philosophy some were demanding after the Shiel Fiasco. There’s 2 FA next year that we could make a serious play at. Blow every club out of the water.

Wingard accepting $2.5m over 4 years is cheap. He ain’t accepting that if he wasn’t assured that we had some plan in place to go on a shopping spree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back