List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell and Lewis always Hawthorn but they were done while the likes of Burton are our future. He had second year blues this year but I can see him being a star and if it’s not in the brown and gold it will hurt. Get Wingard but in another way. Port have obviously fallen out with him so he will definitely leave!

What I'm saying is that the club will at all times make decisions that they think are in our best interests. No one is untouchable, no matter how 'Hawthorn through and through' they are.

Ryan is the no1 ticket holder to the Ryan Burton fan club everyone knows that but this trade could change his attitude and come back to bite us but will he ever be an All Australian not sure about that

Mitchell and Lewis always Hawthorn but they were done while the likes of Burton are our future. He had second year blues this year but I can see him being a star and if it’s not in the brown and gold it will hurt. Get Wingard but in another way. Port have obviously fallen out with him so he will definitely leave!

If they do this this is the by far the balliest trade yet

Sicily is two years older though, would say comparatively Burton is tracking pretty well.

Yeah I realised that and then deleted the post.

Would like them both at the club

Don't think it serves us to get id of one to get the other. A sideways trade in SuperCoach terms

Our forward line has zero X factor. Watch our 2 finals again and it’s evident we need another option up there, he runs through the middle too.
He’s a big inclusion to our team if this trade goes through

not for 15 and Burton...awful trade.

I call bullshit cause there’s no way in hell this info would be leaked unless GW and Co wanted it to.

I’m sure Sam was there and GW said so yeah we’ve just got off the phone to Burto and let him know we’re gonna trade him against his will.

Its the player managers who do all the media leaking.

I call bullshit cause there’s no way in hell this info would be leaked unless GW and Co wanted it to.

I’m sure Sam was there and GW said so yeah we’ve just got off the phone to Burto and let him know we’re gonna trade him against his will.

He might have contacted Burton directly. If he was angry and emotional every chance he is honest about what is going on.

Want Wingard but don’t want to lose Burton .

A few people sound very confident it won’t happen unless he asks or agrees for the trade , so I’m very happy to take that as being correct but also understanding these things can change quickly .

Certainly no lack of drama when we trade

Will be a lot of egg on faces if he does get traded. Seeing as we are into Scrimshaw and possibly have a deal in place I think the club sees them as similar players and therefore Burton is sacrificial.

I really hope not as I don’t see Scrimshaw becoming a player.

Disappointing if true. Was of the thought that along with Hardwick, Sicily, Tom, And Jom that Burton was a big part of the clubs future. Goes to show how cut throat the game has become really. Will wait and see how this unfolds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure opinion necessarily meets reality regarding Burton.

I don't think it's a given he will ever reach the levels Wingard has, and I think will maybe even surpass under Clarko.

Burton is going to be a 200 game player, for sure. But he has a lot of uncertainties in his game to think he can get close to Wingard. He is a great ball user, and passes the eye test as a footballer. But, is he capable of having an impact as more then a rebounding defender? Jury is out.

He isn't great above his head, so the Jack Gunston style forward needs work. And, he is poor at winning his own ball, so the big bodied mid is very much up in the air.

I like Burton, and think he will be a good player. But, I see him as a complimentary piece whereas Wingard could be 'the' man. Pure match winner.

I genuinely hope we keep him, but if it means we loose him to land Wingard then I'm all in. I just hope his age and potential means we can give up a later pick then 15 with him.

I hope some of the “We need to land a big fish or we are no longer a destination club” and the “Hurry up and make a trade” brigade are not whinging about Burto being put up for trade.

Don’t get me wrong I do not want us to trade Burton, but surely the ones crying out for us to land an A grader knew there was going to be some collateral damage to get the deal done.

You can’t have your cake and eat it as well.

There is a difference between ‘we're trading you’ and ‘how would you feel a bout going back home?’. We may have asked if he wants to go back at some stage and told him we can fast-track it. Context/tone is important here.

This I can agree with but I’d be surprised if they didn’t know the answer either way without having to approihim. Pretty sure our welfare manager would know if he was homesick but could see them picking his brain to get a 100% answer.

I'm not sure opinion necessarily meets reality regarding Burton.

I don't think it's a given he will ever reach the levels Wingard has, and I think will maybe even surpass under Clarko.

Burton is going to be a 200 game player, for sure. But he has a lot of uncertainties in his game to think he can get close to Wingard. He is a great ball user, and passes the eye test as a footballer. But, is he capable of having an impact as more then a rebounding defender? Jury is out.

He isn't great above his head, so the Jack Gunston style forward needs work. And, he is poor at winning his own ball, so the big bodied mid is very much up in the air.

I like Burton, and think he will be a good player. But, I see him as a complimentary piece whereas Wingard could be 'the' man. Pure match winner.

I genuinely hope we keep him, but if it means we loose him to land Wingard then I'm all in. I just hope his age and potential means we can give up a later pick then 15 with him.

Really good honest assessment. Well said.

What I'm saying is that the club will at all times make decisions that they think are in our best interests. No one is untouchable, no matter how 'Hawthorn through and through' they are.
This is the old ruthless Hawthorn, if we are indeed open to him going back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back