Hawthorn trade period 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it well worth it .
Thus far ....
In
Vickery as a RFA ( reported $500 a yr / 2yrs.
Tom Mitchell for 14 and swap of picks down the track.
Pick 23 .....for Brad Hill .

Work in progress
Sam Mitchell
JOM
Barrett

Whispers

I'll allow others to expand on what's floating .

Cyrillic
Interesting times.

I heard something this morning which took me a while to compute. I don’t know if I believe it but there is apparently something really big brewing which will update the vocabulary in here from head****ed to headXXXX

Anyone else heard similar gossip??

So fill us in.............. Please.

JOM deal still a few days off, but it will be interesting to see what happens once that is out of the way, with whispers of a few more movements.

We've reshaped the list just slighlty at the moment, but by the end of the trade period it could be quiet different, with a view towards the next flag.

JOM deal still a few days off, but it will be interesting to see what happens once that is out of the way, with whispers of a few more movements.

We've reshaped the list just slighlty at the moment, but by the end of the trade period it could be quiet different, with a view towards the next flag.

You still need a first round pick to be close. Not sure where that's coming from.

Should probably be for the Hawthorn board.

I still think the JOM deal is going to be difficult. Will be interesting to see what transpires there.

You still need a first round pick to be close. Not sure where that's coming from.
It's NOT beyond the realms of possibility that Hawthorn could acquire a 1st rd pick this season. They already have 2 2nd rd picks, it could be 3 depending on what happens with WCE re: Mitchell

Last edited:
Vickery FA = good outcome. Possible overs on salary but will fill a real void on the list.

T. Mitchell trade = great outcome. Pick 14 for an elite contested midfielder (our biggest weakness as a side) with 7-8 years of footy in him. Recent trades would suggest pick 14 and change is very good value.

Hill trade = fair outcome. He'd have been worth more than pick 23 twelve months ago and at his best, he is better than that. But he requested a trade and his 2016 was poor and riddle with some off-field issues. We were never going to do much better, so this is an acceptable trade.

The JOM trade is make or break. The Sam Mitchell news is gutting as a fan and i'm still having difficulty reconciling why he was the veteran to move on rather than any (or multiple) of the others given he's still our best player. We won't get much value out of that trade.

Certainly a fascinating trade period for Hawks. Much like Geelong last year.

Should probably be for the Hawthorn board.

I still think the JOM deal is going to be difficult. Will be interesting to see what transpires there.
Why ?
We are dealing with other clubs/supporter bases so wanted a place to discuss with THEM .
They may or may not venture on to our board .

Not at all.

Anybody who seriously thinks that GC will let the player go into the PSD without getting any compensation for him has rocks in their heads. If Hawthorn doesn't trade up to a 1st round pick then a 2nd rounder plus quality player will get the deal done. The GC, despite their rather amateurish brinkmanship have zero leverage here. None.

JOM will be at Hawthorn next year and the Hawks will not be paying anywhere near what the GC believe the player is worth.

10/11 posters here Hawks fans. If they want to discuss trades with you I'm sure they can do it in the relevant player thread, or go to your board. Completely unnecessary thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would expect the majority of Hawks and Freo fans to think 23 for Hill is fair if a bit under/over depending which side you are on which is usually the measure of a pretty reasonable trade.

The go home factor was what made it get done for that price and I'm happy with that

main player still linked with is Jom, I guess we thought there were more GC fans to discuss with ...

GC fans must all be on work for the dole schemes at the GC Football Department such is the way they think this will play out.

"Two first rounders or he walks." What utter bullshit.

10/11 posters here Hawks fans. If they want to discuss trades with you I'm sure they can do it in the relevant player thread, or go to your board. Completely unnecessary thread.
If Motlop becomes linked to us I welcome your return .

There's at least half a dozen other club-specific threads. Hawthorn isn't any different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back