Hawthorn trade period 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Can they? Did not know this.

Can this roll-on? So can you continually do this year after year if you have lots of players coming through at once? (which is unlikely, just curious)

To some extent. You can only go into deficit up to the value of pick 18, but if you keep it small you can conceivably do it.

To some extent. You can only go into deficit up to the value of pick 18, but if you keep it small you can conceivably do it.

Pick 88 is worth 0 points....So Can't be used to go into deficit, so far as I'm aware.

If we really wanted the kid, we would have kept a pick.

We don't prize picks as highly as some.....Most are a 50/50 outcome at Best.

Pick 88 is worth 0 points....So Can't be used to go into deficit, so far as I'm aware.

If we really wanted the kid, we would have kept a pick.

We don't prize picks as highly as some.....Most are a 50/50 outcome at Best.

I'm pretty sure you can. The deficit is just the total of the bid.

I agree though - I think you'll be fine regardless of Jarman's decision.

I'm sure Adelaide's interest grew post his combine efforts....You'd assume he'd prefer to stay home, if given the choice....Can't blame him.

We may already have been quietly told. Thus our willingness to move on all our picks.

Or we do go in to deficit with our future 2nd.

Our future 2nd is already at pick 40, given it was originally GWS'S....Try stopping them from winning 4 on the trot now.

This academy of theirs needs a major boundary shift....Like 200 km's North of the border.

And the defacit comes out of the round the bid is placed in.

so at worst it'll cost them they're 3rd rounded next year, which i'm not sure they'll mind because their 2017 draft is already cactus

Before i say this, i want to clarify what picks hawks have next year.

However if they have second round picks or better next year, they have done very well this trade period.

The only proviso is if they havent got their older players for too much longer, or not at all with Mitchell and Lewis.

Not sure who retires/leaves at the end of next season.

It's not 3 ND picks, that's for sure. IIRC it used to be but was changed.

The AFL chops and changes most things, I don't see why this would be any different.

It was brought in to insure a good number of kids got drafted & given a chance each year.....And to also act as a stimulus for turning over lists.

Don't know what the rules are now, if you say they've changed them.

Before i say this, i want to clarify what picks hawks have next year.

However if they have second round picks or better next year, they have done very well this trade period.

The only proviso is if they havent got their older players for too much longer, or not at all with Mitchell and Lewis.

Not sure who retires/leaves at the end of next season.
We still have our 2nd next year.
But people seem to think you cant draft talent after the first round hahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still have our 2nd next year.
But people seem to think you cant draft talent after the first round hahaha
Cheers.

Do you know what other picks you have next year?

The big worry is a lot of retirements at the end of next season and no replacements coming in.

However, i have massive respect for hawks list management team.

I thought you dealt for Jom with #10 and your 2017 2nd and then traded for gws 2nd 2017 to ensure you had a pick next year.
Tbh i do not know. But either way we still have a second

Cheers.

Do you know what other picks you have next year?

The big worry is a lot of retirements at the end of next season and no replacements coming in.

However, i have massive respect for hawks list management team.
We have all our picks next year but our first :)

It was brought in to insure a good number of kids got drafted & given a chance each year.....And to also act as a stimulus for turning over lists.

Don't know what the rules are now, if you say they've changed them.

It used to be 3 ND picks per year then I believe it changed to include rookie upgrades when it didn't previously. PSD picks don't count either.

It would be very rare for a club to want to make less than 3 list changes.

Can they? Did not know this.

Can this roll-on? So can you continually do this year after year if you have lots of players coming through at once? (which is unlikely, just curious)

I would assume at some point a club may run out of points the following year too

Jarman isn't tipped to go before the 3rd round though, so shouldn't cost us too much in deficit

Our future 2nd is already at pick 40, given it was originally GWS'S....Try stopping them from winning 4 on the trot now.

This academy of theirs needs a major boundary shift....Like 200 km's North of the border.

Dont you have gws 2nd rounder? Not your own.

I think its ours. As we traded next years firstm idk.

I thought you dealt for Jom with #10 and your 2017 2nd and then traded for gws 2nd 2017 to ensure you had a pick next year.

It's GWS'S....As long as you still have a 2nd round pick, it's allowed.

Pretty sure Gold Coast ended up with GWS's second rounder and Hawthorn have their own.

They traded their first to the Saints so couldn't trade any more of their future picks (like Collingwood last year).

So that's why they had to trade for GWS's second rounder to send to GC (via Carlton) - otherwise Hawthorn could've just included their's and there would've been a lot less hassle.

It's the same as Collingwood trading for the Saints' second rounder last year to send to Brisbane for Aish because they couldn't trade out their own.

I would assume at some point a club may run out of points the following year too

Jarman isn't tipped to go before the 3rd round though, so shouldn't cost us too much in deficit

And for all the sadness about losing Mitchell and Lewis, if we can get a F/S this will have been a great trade and draft period.

Though some AFL media clown gave us a C-.

We were A+ for entertainment !!

Pretty sure Gold Coast ended up with GWS's second rounder and Hawthorn have their own.

They traded their first to the Saints so couldn't trade any more of their future picks (like Collingwood last year).

So that's why they had to trade for GWS's second rounder to send to GC (via Carlton) - otherwise Hawthorn could've just included their's and there would've been a lot less hassle.

It's the same as Collingwood trading for the Saints' second rounder last year to send to Brisbane for Aish because they couldn't trade out their own.

Since it's relevant here too, I had a closer look and posted this in the JOM thread:

To make it 100% clear, Hawthorn traded GWS's second rounder. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong - both because the rules do not allow it, and also because the AFL's own spreadsheet shows otherwise:

CvLmMhLVYAAhHX7.jpg:large

The Gold Coast/Hawthorn deal has "2017 Future Rd 2 (ONTRADED)". If it was Hawthorn's pick, it would just say "2017 Future Rd 2", the same as the Gold Coast/Fremantle deal.

You can actually follow the pick the whole way:
  1. GWS Giants/Carlton includes "2017 Future Rd 2".
  2. Carlton/Hawthorn includes "2017 Future Rd 2 (ONTRADED)", i.e. Carlton has ontraded GWS's future second rounder and not their own.
  3. Gold Coast/Hawthorn includes "2017 Future Rd 2 (ONTRADED)", i.e. Hawthorn has ontraded GWS's future second rounder and not their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back