Hawthorn Trading & Drafting 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we're not going to let this thread die so early in Trade Period guys.

I was hoping to come here and read what other clubs posters think we're doing wrong and what our players are worth.

So disappointed.

Surely we're not going to let this thread die so early in Trade Period guys.

I was hoping to come here and read what other clubs posters think we're doing wrong and what our players are worth.

So disappointed.

Apparently Hartung and Poppy are worth nothing. Gunston is worth a 2nd round pick.

I havent seen too many other valuations. Didnt take long for everyone to give up on us. I assume that means we can now pick up some great value trades.

Apparently Hartung and Poppy are worth nothing. Gunston is worth a 2nd round pick.

I havent seen too many other valuations. Didnt take long for everyone to give up on us. I assume that means we can now pick up some great value trades.

Gunston is not worth a second round pick. Opposition supporters and their Hawthorn hatred these days to severely underrate a Hawks player thinking they have no trade value. :rolleyes:

A player like Gunston who is still only 25, is the youngest Hawthorn Premiership player currently and the most talented with the most upside still to come. His market value at the moment is around pick 5-10.

Gunston is not worth a second round pick. Opposition supporters and their Hawthorn hatred these days to severely underrate a Hawks player thinking they have no trade value. :rolleyes:

A player like Gunston who is still only 25, is the youngest Hawthorn Premiership player currently and the most talented with the most upside still to come. His market value at the moment is around pick 5-10.

That's why the Drafts,Trading & Free Agency section is so much fun. The level of self assuredness amongst so many posters here is hilarious. Even when they are wrong over and over they will continue to claim knowledge of the true value of players and what trades will actually happen.

The best ones are the massive multi player trades involve 12 or 15 steps which can generate a heap of posts discussing the merits and fine tuning the offers. We may get a trade like that every 5 or 10 years, yet dozens get discussed every year.

To the right team Gunston could be the difference between a premiership and not. To a struggler team that can't provide service to an elite finisher like Gunston he's not worth much. I could see someone like the Dogs going for him big time. He'd have a big impact on their forward line I reckon.

Overall, posters are uninformed, one eyed, and think short term. Just like they are humans!!!

The Hawks will want to balance trading in talent, and keeping/getting picks to speed up the list rebuild. I expect solid, careful, well thought through work from the Hawks. We'll see though :)

Breust and Gunston both worth mid first rounders and maybe a third and you'll get Impey for 42. Would you be happy trading your 2018 first for Schache?

To the right team Gunston could be the difference between a premiership and not. To a struggler team that can't provide service to an elite finisher like Gunston he's not worth much. I could see someone like the Dogs going for him big time. He'd have a big impact on their forward line I reckon.

Overall, posters are uninformed, one eyed, and think short term. Just like they are humans!!!

The Hawks will want to balance trading in talent, and keeping/getting picks to speed up the list rebuild. I expect solid, careful, well thought through work from the Hawks. We'll see though :)

He works hard and is versatile, I'd agree with this post for Breust but Gunston asserts himself into a game a lot better. That's why I feel Gunners has more value.

Breust and Gunston both worth mid first rounders and maybe a third and you'll get Impey for 42. Would you be happy trading your 2018 first for Schache?

I'd be happy to give up a 2018 first for Schache, if Schache came bundled with one of Brissie's late firsts this year. It's a gamble for Brisbane, they'd be putting their money on Hawks staying thereabouts or dropping off more next year, where we'd be betting on driving that pick up into the late teens. The hope then is that we'd use that late first rounder this year to pick up Joel Garner.

I ******* hate Hawthorn with a passion.

Having said that, Gunston is 100% worth a 5-10 pick.

I'd be happy to give up a 2018 first for Schache, if Schache came bundled with one of Brissie's late firsts this year. It's a gamble for Brisbane, they'd be putting their money on Hawks staying thereabouts or dropping off more next year, where we'd be betting on driving that pick up into the late teens. The hope then is that we'd use that late first rounder this year to pick up Joel Garner.

I did the maths on this scenario yesterday.

Assume we finish same sport as this year, that's pick 7 (1644 points). If we got pick 19 back (likey Rockliff compensation) then that values Schache from a points perspective at pick 28 - that won't cut the mustard.

If we added pick 32 to it, that puts it halfway between picks 11 and 12, which is about right

I did the maths on this scenario yesterday.

Assume we finish same sport as this year, that's pick 7 (1644 points). If we got pick 19 back (likey Rockliff compensation) then that values Schache from a points perspective at pick 28 - that won't cut the mustard.

If we added pick 32 to it, that puts it halfway between picks 11 and 12, which is about right

From a points perspective yes but it depends on the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, if they offered their 1st round pick from 2018.

Schache ain’t worth trading for. Hawthorn has other pressing needs. Next years draft has a lot of talented young key position players and given the likelihood of Hawthorn missing the eight in 2018, they will almost certainly have a pick inside the top 10.

Despite the fact that the OP was a blatent troll, I'll join the "discussion" anyway.

I don't think we'll be the busiest club this trade period, and it certainly won't be close to the activity of last year.

I'd suggest this year we're more likely to be a "selling" club; moving on a couple of players for picks if the offer is correct. I think the club would like to get a pick between 15-20 if possible. If not, it's not a disaster.

As for bringing players in, would only be fringe players for late picks at most, essentially bargain hunting.

As for what the above trades are, I don't know. The Hawks play their cards pretty close to their chest

2/3 correct.

Not busy, fringe player (sort of) brought in.

Sales not completed due to lack of interested buyers you'd suggest

Well we waited and we saw....no Puppy deal done.

And as I said, GWS will not, and did not, trade for OLD players anymore, let alone overs like you want for Puppy.
Pop didn’t want to leave.

That’s the problem with having such a brilliant club, no one wants out.

Its all good they will have pick 1 in next years super draft.

Then they will realise they will need to leverage pick 1 on whole bunch of other picks.

Its all good they will have pick 1 in next years super draft.

Then they will realise they will need to leverage pick 1 on whole bunch of other picks.
Are Carlton being removed from the comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back