Opinion Hawthorn V Carlton - NAB Challenge - Result and Margin .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think we will beat Haw. Just think we are bit further down the road as far as pre-season goes. Our guys will be dead keen to show something, and the Hawks might rest a few.

I also think we will be swiftly reminded by all and sundry that we are still s**t and Hawthorn played at about 20%. Your on a hiding to nothing in these games. The result means little. Looking for little victories from our guys up against good opposition.

not worried about score board at all. just want to see start of new game style, players in new positions/roles and all the new faces in blue. i want to see a great attitude and an obvious team spirit. looking forward to it

Hawks by 40

But Bolts has done a lot of work around these sort of games with the supporter base. Look for "green shoots" everywhere on the field, with players young and old.

I think there will be plenty to like whatever the result. The club just has a different feel this year.
Agree, except for one point. Hawks by 39.

not worried about score board at all. just want to see start of new game style, players in new positions/roles and all the new faces in blue. i want to see a great attitude and an obvious team spirit. looking forward to it

Right on, Harry.

Reckon your post applies for much of 2016...

Hawks youngsters will want to prove something "a place in a potential four-peat"... as well as the coaches would want to show Bolton up as well I'd think. If we're ever going to beat Hawthorn in the coming 2-3 years now is our only shot.... as our coach intimately knows the list and their playing style... BUT... sadly with a team still working on a new game plan, cohesion and crazy amount of new faces and youth.... Hawks by 18.

For what it's worth, even in a praccy match, I want to beat this mob.

I can't even remember the last time we beat 'em. We got close that game Fev shaved the inside of the post in the dying seconds back in 2009 (still kicked 8!) but other than that it been one-way traffic ... brutally.

Come on Blues, we need to get some pride about us and play like we own 'em!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care one iota for the result nor the margin. Just hope the boys have a good crack & come through unscathed.
Heart in mouth stuff every year, I know the NAB games are an important part of a club's pre season preparations but they're glorified practice matches and injuries are an unfortunate occurrence

My expectations aren't that high re winning. It is last (by a long way) vs the premiers.
The Carlton players will be concentrating on the new game plan and our positioning, so we could look ordinary at times. Hawks have been doing this better than anyone over the last four years.
Will be interested to see how we TRY to score as this is our weakest area.
Really excited to see all our newbies and how our oldies adjust to the new style.

Hawks are fielding a pretty good team. Hawks by 37 points.

I actually think we will beat Haw. Just think we are bit further down the road as far as pre-season goes. Our guys will be dead keen to show something, and the Hawks might rest a few.

I also think we will be swiftly reminded by all and sundry that we are still s**t and Hawthorn played at about 20%. Your on a hiding to nothing in these games. The result means little. Looking for little victories from our guys up against good opposition.

It's the Carlton rule.

If you lose, it meant something and you're s**t.
If you win, it meant nothing because the opposition didn't take it seriously at all .... and you're still s**t.

If you're an opposition supporter - apply this to any match, anywhere, anytime.

Player watch: Where do you start?

Draftees:
Well all of them, of course. Keenest on Curnow, for now.

New to the club:
1. Phillips................Has been spectacular through the pre-season but now to see just how ell he can ruck.
2. Kerridge..............Cripps & co need support.

Under 20 gamers:
1. Boekhorst...........Fitter this year and will have opportunity
2. Byrne.................Just because
3. Whiley................As with Kerridge. More big bodied mids are required.

Oldies:
Thomas..................Just to see him run freely again would be enough for now.

Next game we should have: Cuningham, Smith and possibly Glass-McCasker. Silvagni? Maybe not

Carlton will absolutely slam this mob Thursday night.

It's not even going to be close.

This is the year that the Hawks fall. On their asses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back