Preview Hawthorn v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Gibson did the press conf today. Boy, he gives the press nothing. They should have asked him about his goal in the last Q. ;)

I don't know about you guys but I was spewing when Carlton beat us earlier in the year. I rushed home after the game and kicked my brother off the phone so I could connect to the internet and write about it on www.bigfooty.com.au

But a lot has happened since then. I've got a new phone from Telstra, it's the latest nokia!

upload_2016-7-26_13-2-35.png

So I'll be able to text my Carlton supporting mates after the game. Texts are only 50c for 160 characters, bargain.

Also what are you guys doing about the Australian Idol finale that's on the same time as this game? I'm going to set the VCR to record it. I really hope Shannon Noll wins

upload_2016-7-26_13-5-5.png

Also if anyone wants to go to the James Blunt concert after the game, hit me up on my MySpace.

They think this game is going to be a sell out so if its reasonable weather I expect to crack the 18,000 mark.

I am off to the UK and France on Friday for 5 weeks so I will relying on the ipad sometime after leaving Dubai to see how we have gone.

We cannot afford any slip ups until we can't lose top spot.

well there were no seats available on ticketmaster on sunday night, i had to get general admission :(

Cheers.

They said that they've apparently sold 18,000 tickets already so I'd say it'll probably be a new record at this stage.
Well the stadium website says capacity is 20k and google says its 21k so will be interesting to see what the numbers end up being

Well the stadium website says capacity is 20k and google says its 21k so will be interesting to see what the numbers end up being

Likely reported with the same accuracy as player weight and height. 48,039 in attendance.

I don't know about you guys but I was spewing when Carlton beat us earlier in the year. I rushed home after the game and kicked my brother off the phone so I could connect to the internet and write about it on www.bigfooty.com.au

But a lot has happened since then. I've got a new phone from Telstra, it's the latest nokia!

View attachment 269718

So I'll be able to text my Carlton supporting mates after the game. Texts are only 50c for 160 characters, bargain.

Also what are you guys doing about the Australian Idol finale that's on the same time as this game? I'm going to set the VCR to record it. I really hope Shannon Noll wins

View attachment 269719

Also if anyone wants to go to the James Blunt concert after the game, hit me up on my MySpace.

That's getting into the spirit of Retro round HH :thumbsu:

Poppy to have a rest this week (Carlton don't have any small forwards worth marking up on), and bring in Langford or Hartung for a run.

Pretty sure Poppy hasn't played in the backline for a few years :huh:

Ryan Schoenmakers is the missing jigsaw piece. If he returns as a strong KPF presence, then it would really help a lot.
correct, whilst he is certainly no star player he is a long way ahead of TOB right now , he is over 10kgs heavier , hits the packs harder and generally reads the play a bit better than Tim. hopefully we can get him right and give him a few games before sept, he will improve our structure and our small forwards will feed off him more than they can from Tim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you're right. This will be another of those "play the kids and various structures for the first three quarters" game.

Alternatively, if things do go a little wrong I reckon Clarko will pull the trigger on "Break Glass Burgoyne" earlier. Now we're in a dominant position he won't want to lose our lead on top. We need this one to assure top 2. Once we've got that assured he can manage players/tactics/ etc. as he likes.
We can afford to lose one game and still be assured top 2.

After nearly 7 weeks out with that concussion Jack Fitzpatrick will finally play in the VFL this weekend. :thumbsu:
This is really great news, both for him and the team. I thought he'd be retiring after this long a gap. Good lucky Fitzy.

hqdefault.jpg

Same will see you there. :)

I've got seats in the grandstand under cover.

I booked 4 weeks ago because my mate Andy likes to have everything completely planned out, including:
1. Moores Hill Winery for a Cheese/Meat Platter and tasting;
2. Loirs Wines, Tamar Ridge and Velo Wineries
3. Dinner at Brisbane Street Bistro.

And that's only Friday!

I've got seats in the grandstand under cover.

I booked 4 weeks ago because my mate Andy likes to have everything completely planned out, including:
1. Moores Hill Winery for a Cheese/Meat Platter and tasting;
2. Loirs Wines, Tamar Ridge and Velo Wineries
3. Dinner at Brisbane Street Bistro.

And that's only Friday!

Bite me. ;)

One loss and we'll be just one loss away from 6th.

As long as we keep winning percentage won't be necessary but we should be aiming to play in a way that builds our form for finals which in turn should see our percentage build also. Get it up to around 130% by the North Melbourne game and we should be pretty safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back