Hawthorn v Collingwood - Rd 23, 2016 - Sun@3:20

Who will win? Hawthorn or Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game. Hawks are amazing, just find a way to win. Their flag two years ago with what went wrong during the year is still the best flag in recent times.

We have beaten GWS, Geelong, West Coast and lost to Bulldogs by 3 pts and Hawks by 1pt. Just need some luck with injuries to key players.

Add Moore, Elliott & Fasolo to the forward line, Adams to the midfield, Reid & Ramsey to the back line and we are just a little more classier across the ground for next year.

Oh? You are a Hawthorn supporter who actually acknowledges the fact that they were the competition whipping boys for a long time? I thought you blokes were like the Germans, complete denial about that period in time.

I think you are confusing the Germans and the Japanese. Teaching of the Holocaust is compulsory in the German school system, and they have a massive monument to the murdered Jews in the middle of their capital city.

A very entertaining game. Pies were fantastic, and given the quality on their injury list, it is hard to imagine them not playing finals next year. Would expect them to wave as they pass us on the way up the ladder next year as we start to fall.

If your club went on a drought as long as Richmond, it wouldn't exist any more. I mean, what was it? 5 years after a near decade of dominance merger talks were on the table?
That had nothing to do with fans jumping off because of lack of success, it was a whole raft of other things..

You worry about your own rubbish club...

Hows it racist? The italians were on the nazi side and imo are filth. You supporrt the nazis?
So does that mean that because of a Fascist dictator who supported the Nazis you are going to impune all Italians as Nazi dogs?
Something that happened almost 80 years ago? Seriously mate pull your head in.

If that were the case then you must not like Germans and the Danish very much either. Or the turks for occupying Greece. Or the Japanese
for occupying SE Asia, etc, etc, etc.

So does that mean that because of a Fascist dictator who supported the Nazis you are going to impune all Italians as Nazi dogs?
Something that happened almost 80 years ago? Seriously mate pull your head in.

If that were the case then you must not like Germans and the Danish very much either. Or the turks for occupying Greece. Or the Japanese
for occupying SE Asia, etc, etc, etc.
Godwins law

Pies were great today. Pity for them the season is done, as they'd finally started to get it together in the last third of the year.

Whitecross and Burton staked their claims for finals. Burton was impressive.

Hawks fans are pretty lucky to have ridden this ride for so long, and it's a pretty awesome effort to be top 4 again after losing Roughie the way that we did.

Whichever ump didnt pay the free against Greenwood for an unrealistic attempt should be having a quiet September. Unbelievable.

I agree. It was probably the same umpire that missed the deliberate knee drop by Hodge into Treloar's back. And two seconds later let Lewis hold Treloar out of the contest.

Hawks whitesnake was good too. Been a fair comeback by him
Was this deliberate, or had your mind wandered to visions of David Coverdale in spandex while you were typing this? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies were great today. Pity for them the season is done, as they'd finally started to get it together in the last third of the year.

Whitecross and Burton staked their claims for finals. Burton was impressive.

Hawks fans are pretty lucky to have ridden this ride for so long, and it's a pretty awesome effort to be top 4 again after losing Roughie the way that we did.

Whitecross. Played well didn't he?

Great effort Pies, ran the Hawks off their feet and with a little more composure should have won. Now that's how you finish a season, hope the Tigers were watching.

For the Hawks, those 4-8 points gifted by the umpires early this year give them a incredible opportunity. Home final/double chance, and having the week-off rule benefits them and North the most.

Surely they won't blow this.

Whitecross. Played well didn't he?
He wants it bad.

Having had to watch on from knee rehab while his teammates win 3 flags has him very hungry.

Its the direct comparison with Sloane that is relevant. Unsure how Mark Evans can suspend one but not the other

Because there was no blood, no concussion test required, no time spent on the bench unlike the hit on Ebert - he may cop a fine for being late

Great effort Pies, ran the Hawks off their feet and with a little more composure should have won. Now that's how you finish a season, hope the Tigers were watching.

For the Hawks, those 4-8 points gifted by the umpires early this year give them a incredible opportunity. Home final/double chance, and having the week-off rule benefits them and North the most.

Surely they won't blow this.
:rolleyes:

Puopolo should be called out. Biggest staging piece of s**t in the game. ****ibng italian nazi dog

Feel free to pass on your thoughts regarding people of Italian origin to Peter Riccardi. Or Peter Pianto. Or Jimmy Bartel - I'm sure he'd love to hear your views on his wife's background. I'm sure the club you support would just love for one of their supporters to call people who have made significant contributions to your club's success "****ibng italian nazi dogs".

Glad to see matchday threads still follow the same pattern. Complain about umpires, childish insults, irrational hatred being spewed - you know the drill. We could be talking about what a cracking game it was (how many great marks were taken today?), how great it was to see such a high scoring game, how Collingwood finished off the season with pride and guts (as opposed to a number of others sides I could name). We could be talking about Treloar's incredible game, or Fitzpatrick's dream debut for Hawthorn or Burgoyne coming to the rescue again.

But we end up with posts like the one I quoted. I don't want to sound like Grandpa Simpson here but geez, the quality of posting was so much better 10 years ago.

I agree. It was probably the same umpire that missed the deliberate knee drop by Hodge into Treloar's back. And two seconds later let Lewis hold Treloar out of the contest.

While you are playing this game what are your Thoughts on this one

image.jpeg

Why do Hawthorn supporters get precious when someone talks about the umpiring? You've legitimately been given at least 4 points this season through umpiring inconsistency. If you don't see that, you're obviously a fool.
It's confirmation bias, pure and simple.

Absolutely no-one notice one single free that goes against us. Not one, because it doesn't fit the narrative

But any dubious ones that go our way? Oooh boy, there will be 10,000 rabid 'neutral' supporters who will be on the internet within seconds.

It's like Volvo drivers...

Back