Preview Hawthorn v Geelong Cats @ University of Tas Stadium in Launceston, Friday 17th Feb 2017 (7.40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really not sure about Harry Taylor as a Forward. Time will tell. He is a great contested mark and kick, but I think the good defenders will negate that.
That's a win right there, he will demand a top grade tall defender and if Harry breaks even under those circumstances he kicks 2 goals and pressure is taken off Hawkins, the mix we have been searching for.

What about Mackie as CHF?
Some have him as CHB.
images

What about Mackie as CHF?
Some have him as CHB.

I see Mackie's weight is now down to 82kg's.
He's never been a strong individual to begin with and I suspect he'd be rag-dolled if he did line up at CHF.

You really need your strongest players to be standing in those key posts as that is often where football is dictated.

As you would know already, I'm a fan of Darcy Lang and I do think this is the year he finally elevates his game to the point he becomes one of our best.

There are players missing who I don't believe are injured, so I wouldn't think it was a move made purely out of necessity due to lack of fit bodies.
Do all the 29 travel? If so could simply be about giving young guys the experience of interstate travel and pre-match preparation as a little bit of professional development. Could also be a reward for putting in the hard yards in pre-season - ie we don't think we'll play you but you've impressed us enough to make the extended squad.

Do all the 29 travel? If so could simply be about giving young guys the experience of interstate travel and pre-match preparation as a little bit of professional development. Could also be a reward for putting in the hard yards in pre-season - ie we don't think we'll play you but you've impressed us enough to make the extended squad.

They can travel with all 29 if they want but they have to omit 3 on game day and play with 26.

My guess is henderson (calf) henry and zac guthrie are probably the three to drop out, if hendo is fit to play then buzza probably drops out as we have enough talls. I assume gardner will play with kolo out.

Forward line for smalls/mediums and midfield looking pretty shallow. Where are guys like McCarthy, Kolo, hell even GHS and Murdoch.

I am pretty sure ghs was in the rehab group last week but the other 3 might just be rested, i assume we will rotate players through the 3 games.

We are still ok for small/med fwds as motlop cockatoo parfitt lang can all play there as can hayball and cunico.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Lang can be assigned to O'Meara?
I can see him notching up 30 touches with relative ease otherwise.
First game back for 2 years? Would be surprised if they played him more than a half that considered.

My guess is henderson (calf) henry and zac guthrie are probably the three to drop out, if hendo is fit to play then buzza probably drops out as we have enough talls. I assume gardner will play with kolo out.
I'd hoped we would get a sneak preview of Jack Henry he's a Joe's boy one of the magic ingredients in our recent flag sides,I don't expect him to set the world on fire this year but looks a likely type,he's my one to watch in the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back