Preview Hawthorn v Geelong Cats @ University of Tas Stadium in Launceston, Friday 17th Feb 2017 (7.40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told the little bloke last night that the Cats are playing tonight, he yelled and jumped around excitedly.. asked if he could stay up to watch the game.

I'm 90% sure that he is just pushing to stay up late and will not be interested in the footy but hell on the slight chance he is taking an interest I'll allow and encourage it :D

Also I have it on good mail that Waybill as of yesterday didn't know if he was playing but was very hopeful that he was.

Told the little bloke last night that the Cats are playing tonight, he yelled and jumped around excitedly.. asked if he could stay up to watch the game.

I'm 90% sure that he is just pushing to stay up late and will not be interested in the footy but hell on the slight chance he is taking an interest I'll allow and encourage it :D

haha, my daughter pulled the same 'trick' a couple of times last year, watched maybe a total of 5 minutes of the games I let her stay up to watch - she did take a shine to 'Guffy' though, and now has his poster up on her wall :D

So who are the Geelong kids we should be looking out for tonight? (Please dont say Menegola !)

Of the players that haven't played an AFL game Parfitt is the main hope.

Was a top 10 draft prospect in the u-16s and slid down the pecking order in the draft last year when Geelong "reached" and took him in the 20s. Ball winning mid although sounds like he may start off as a forward.

Most of the other kids are long shots taken late in the draft after trading away picks the last couple of years.

If you follow the VFL you would have seen Tom Stewart. He'd be early twenties and at VFL level a Josh Gibson style undersized key back / rebounding defender with the Max Rooke esque appearance.

Zach Guthrie, brother of Cam, could be the smallest player bulk wise to appear at any level since that red head with dreads that played for Hawthorn.

So who are the Geelong kids we should be looking out for tonight? (Please dont say Menegola !)

Tom stewart and parfitt i expect to impress. There is not much of zac guthrie but he can play.
Among the more semi established guys menegola (sorry) cockatoo and lang should be aiming for big games with the two selwoods out.

Tom stewart and parfitt i expect to impress. There is not much of zac guthrie but he can play.
Among the more semi established guys menegola (sorry) cockatoo and lang should be aiming for big games with the two selwoods out.

Selwoods are rested or injured? I know Joel seems to never have a pre-season, but is he having one this year? And is Scott back to 100% and expected to play in the 2nd practice match? That always was an unusual recruit - I figured very much pushed by Joel to bring his brother home.

Cheers.

Selwoods are rested or injured? I know Joel seems to never have a pre-season, but is he having one this year? And is Scott back to 100% and expected to play in the 2nd practice match? That always was an unusual recruit - I figured very much pushed by Joel to bring his brother home.

Cheers.

SS overcoming a small issue with inflammation in his toe, and is expected to be good to go come season proper. Medics just being cautious apparently, given past issues.

No doubt Joel pushed it, but in fairness, think SS was also recruited to help in the middle given our difficulties there. Now, whether he makes a difference or not is another matter, and waits to be seen.

Hey guys.
I was just curious as to who you would think would only be playing 50% game time tonight. Last night Howe, Scharanberg, Elliott and Daicos were rested for a half each.

Am i right in guessing that Thurlow, Blicavs will play only half. Do you think danger will only play a half?

Hey guys.
I was just curious as to who you would think would only be playing 50% game time tonight. Last night Howe, Scharanberg, Elliott and Daicos were rested for a half each.

Am i right in guessing that Thurlow, Blicavs will play only half. Do you think danger will only play a half?
Why would you care? There is no dream team points involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can get around that if you have Apple TV.
As far as I know they block airplay for the apple TV??? As of last year anyway, tried taking an apple TV box in the caravan last year to watch fox footy on the TV but it doesn't allow it. Has anyone had this work this year?

Same problem happens with foxtel GO, they have fox footy on the tablet app but not on the desktop app for licencing reasons.

I told my young fella that the cats are on tonight as well - he just giggled then shat himself. He's only 4 months old though, maybe next year.

As far as I know they block airplay for the apple TV??? As of last year anyway, tried taking an apple TV box in the caravan last year to watch fox footy on the TV but it doesn't allow it. Has anyone had this work this year?

Same problem happens with foxtel GO, they have fox footy on the tablet app but not on the desktop app for licencing reasons.
It wasn't last year.

Is that still possible? I tried that last year and it didn't work. You're using AppleTV right?

I watched last nights game through my phone Samsung Galaxy 7 mirroring to my tv.

Set tv up to mirroring and search for nearby devices, mine came up no problems.

Easiest way is to let you tube show you how!

I watched last nights game through my phone Samsung Galaxy 7 mirroring to my tv.

That's it.

Mirroring to Apple TV.

Do you know if this works on iPhone? I miss my Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back