Preview Hawthorn v North Melbourne AAMI Community series clash, Saturday March 6th 4.10pm at Arden Street

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a inside mid picked at pick 29 and who’s first year of development was completely disrupted by covid + plays for a team with a lot of inside mids Finn is tracking exactly where he should be. Ie likely to spend a chunk of season at box hill then hopefully more games at afl level as season progresses. The guys has played zero proper matches at vfl.

If you take the approach of building from the back. Our backline is taking shape. Our midfield needs work - if that means Breust and wingard spend a lot of time in there to make it function that’s fine. I’d rather have a struggling forward line than both a struggling midfield and forward line (who can’t get any decent ball). We also have a range of young forwards to try (brockman, Morris, seamus, Jeka, kosi) + those prob on their last chance this season (Ollie, Nash) + also silk and Gunston.

As a inside mid picked at pick 29 and who’s first year of development was completely disrupted by covid + plays for a team with a lot of inside mids Finn is tracking exactly where he should be. Ie likely to spend a chunk of season at box hill then hopefully more games at afl level as season progresses. The guys has played zero proper matches at vfl.

If you take the approach of building from the back. Our backline is taking shape. Our midfield needs work - if that means Breust and wingard spend a lot of time in there to make it function that’s fine. I’d rather have a struggling forward line than both a struggling midfield and forward line (who can’t get any decent ball). We also have a range of young forwards to try (brockman, Morris, seamus, Jeka, kosi) + those prob on their last chance this season (Ollie, Nash) + also silk and Gunston.
Yep this is the year of WTF is our Forwardline going to be. And wings too

but also the year of developing versatility in a lot of players

Get excited I say

I see box hill have half a dozen pre season games before the season starts. There’s plenty of opportunity for the ‘possibles’ might even be a chance for such as burgoyne to blow the cobwebs away

Only the AFL would turn the VFL into a reserves comp then not schedule games to allow the whole squad to be match ready.

The essence of this sums up what I believe our coaching group is striving for. Players like CJ, Maginness and other recruits don’t necessarily meet the criteria to play the game style being coached with the tools they currently have. I see our structure behind the ball being the platform that our game plan is built on like in previous years. The change of rules and personnel only magnifies how important it is to get both the selection and structure right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep this is the year of WTF is our Forwardline going to be. And wings too

but also the year of developing versatility in a lot of players

Get excited I say
Year of the Brock, man.

This is my other favourite part of the PLAY FINN!!! brigade. Saying things like he is 'better than Howe' is completely unverifiable because outside 1 senior game last year and the practice match a few weeks ago you will have never seen him play senior footy unless you were in the hub last year. So you have absolutely no sample size to definitively state he is better or worse than any player at present.

This is my other favourite part of the PLAY FINN!!! brigade. Saying things like he is 'better than Howe' is completely unverifiable because outside 1 senior game last year and the practice match a few weeks ago you will have never seen him play senior footy unless you were in the hub last year. So you have absolutely no sample size to definitively state he is better or worse than any player at present.

Clearly Finn is not doing something expected of him. Sammy Mitchell made some comment on one of his videos suggesting his positioning or running patterns when we don't have the ball need more work. Got the feeling he is not 'playing his role' as required.

Clearly Finn is not doing something expected of him. Sammy Mitchell made some comment on one of his videos suggesting his positioning or running patterns when we don't have the ball need more work. Got the feeling he is not 'playing his role' as required.
Listen to the Clarko podcast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Kyle Hartigan, Sam Frost, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Jarman Impey, Blake Hardwick, Will Day
C: Dylan Moore, James Worpel, Harry Morrison
HF: Tom Phillips, Tim O'Brien, Oliver Hanrahan
F: Tyler Brockman, Mitch Lewis, Jacob Koschitzke
R: Ben McEvoy, Liam Shiels, Dan Howe
INT: Changkuoth Jiath, Lachlan Bramble, Jon Ceglar, Connor Downie, Damon Greaves, Conor Nash, Michael Hartley, Finn Maginness
Emer: Emerson Jeka, Denver Grainger-Barras, Ned Reeves, Josh Morris

INT: Changkuoth Jiath, Lachlan Bramble, Jon Ceglar, Connor Downie, Damon Greaves, Conor Nash, Michael Hartley, Finn Maginness

Based off that you'd have to say our prized draft pick won't be debuting in Round 1.

Moore on the wing and Phillips half forward is interesting if true.

Regardless, what an exciting lineup! Looking forward to seeing how Bramble goes.

I really hope Phillips isn’t going to be used as an inside midfielder this year.

Good.

Plenty for everybody to be happy about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back