Preview Hawthorn v North Melbourne AAMI Community series clash, Saturday March 6th 4.10pm at Arden Street

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they allowing fans to attend the game?

Got an email from the club that it will be ticketed (after Reeves wrote a paragraph bemoaning the fact it wasn't being played in Tasmania as originally fixtured).

Casey fields has no gates
When they have held matches their for preseason they erect fencing. Or at least they have when I have been.

Leave the forward line alone, they need time to play together.
I’m with this.

Really hope TOB, Kosi and Lewis get to stick together again this week. None of them are game breakers alone, but together I they just might work a symbiosis that surprises a few.

I’m with this.

Really hope TOB, Kosi and Lewis get to stick together again this week. None of them are game breakers alone, but together I they just might work a symbiosis that surprises a few.
Agree, I would like to see some continuity as I think our forward line this year will be; the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

You'd expect this to be a full dress rehearsal with some spots up for grabs, you'd think Jiath, Morrison, Moore, Kosi, Downie & Howe need to perform to cement there round 1 spot... Brockman & Hanrahan still fighting for that spot in the forwardline in my eyes, Yes Ollie kicked 3 against the Dogs, but hardly sighted in general play, thought Brockmans pressure game was impressive. Kosi also gets another crack to see what he can do after his first outing.

Would love to see Finn given a go. All reports on him are that his inside game is strong, needs to add more strings to his bow yada yada.

i really struggle to see why he can’t do that while playing with the firsts, especially in the preseason. Yes, we have other youngsters, but we’re crying out for another young on-baller - and we have very very few options.

A slightly unrelated pet theory of mine: last year I believe there was a larger impact across the comp from first and second year players, and I think it was because of crowd noise, or lack of it. When young players could hear their teammates, and didn’t feel the change in atmosphere from junior footy, I think they felt less pressure, and found it easier to adapt to AFL.

Get Finn inn!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Finn given a go. All reports on him are that his inside game is strong, needs to add more strings to his bow yada yada.

i really struggle to see why he can’t do that while playing with the firsts, especially in the preseason. Yes, we have other youngsters, but we’re crying out for another young on-baller - and we have very very few options.

A slightly unrelated pet theory of mine: last year I believe there was a larger impact across the comp from first and second year players, and I think it was because of crowd noise, or lack of it. When young players could hear their teammates, and didn’t feel the change in atmosphere from junior footy, I think they felt less pressure, and found it easier to adapt to AFL.

Get Finn inn!
Finn is not ready. Its just as simple as that. He has other players ahead of him. Other players who have performed better than him in pre season

I get the feeling people are wedded to Finn on name alone. Let him knock on the door before handing him games.

I get the feeling people are wedded to Finn on name alone. Let him knock on the door before handing him games.
I think it is more than his name. Big guy who runs like the wind and can kick a goal and take a mark. We are crying out for his type. Just got to wait on his development though.

Big guy who runs like the wind and can kick a goal and take a mark.
You make him sound like Fyfe! 😂

He’s arguably a slight upgrade on Harry Jones at this stage, and Harry needed a fair slab of games behind him to get a look in the middle.

Agree. He was a second round draft pick. Got some nice athletic traits but hasn’t really done anything to demand a spot. It’s a very weak midfield - if he is half as good as some think he is, he should be forcing his way in on performance

So every team get's to play on actual AFL grounds and we get our one and only official pre season match at a dump?
The ground is not a dump. Far from it, it's an immaculate playing surface. Where it is limited is its capacity to cater for large numbers of fans but I suppose that's the same if the Roos came to Waverley!

Get Finn inn!

We might have to wait a little while for Finn in 2021, I think. Unfortunately he's behind Worpel and Mitchell, whom play identical roles, and any other player that rotates through the Centre Bounces; players that have additional strings to their bow.

Finn is very one-dimensional atm, however, it's not that he won't get there, it will just take time.

You make him sound like Fyfe! 😂

He’s arguably a slight upgrade on Harry Jones at this stage, and Harry needed a fair slab of games behind him to get a look in the middle.
Dude, as per my previous post, the sun of his parts are still greater than the whole. He needs development time but if/when he brings it all together he has significant potential. There is good reason to be encouraged by Finn for reasons other than his name.

Dude, as per my previous post, the sun of his parts are still greater than the whole. He needs development time but if/when he brings it all together he has significant potential. There is good reason to be encouraged by Finn for reasons other than his name.
For sure there is, but people seem to be putting his name up to play midfield on not much observable output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back