Preview Hawthorn v North Melbourne AAMI Community series clash, Saturday March 6th 4.10pm at Arden Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Burgoyne, Shiels

OUT: Jiath, Koschitzke
No, and no.

We know exactly what Burgoyne & Shiels give us. One has done 20 preseasons & the other has done 12.

Give the youth a go. Kosi, of all players, needs continuity. Play him in that forward line & let's see if he can make it.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No, and no.

We know exactly what Burgoyne & Shiels give us. One has done 20 preseasons & the other has done 12.

Give the youth a go. Kosi, of all players, needs continuity. Play him in that forward line & let's see if he can make it.
You don’t think we should be playing our best 22? This is the last warm up match before round 1 isn’t it?

Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Its nice they can't afford fences at Arden st so we can watch the game, but after today's game against st kilda are we better off vs box hill? They were deplorable today at best. Which probably means we don't care and they jump us in the first... but still I'd rather a smacking by Richmond than a joke game.

You don’t think we should be playing our best 22? This is the last warm up match before round 1 isn’t it?
I think Shiels & Burgoyne can slip into the team without too many disruptions to the way we play.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Its nice they can't afford fences at Arden st so we can watch the game, but after today's game against st kilda are we better off vs box hill? They were deplorable today at best. Which probably means we don't care and they jump us in the first... but still I'd rather a smacking by Richmond than a joke game.

They’ll get Goldie back

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades

Their ruck (one of the games best) didn't play, plus 3/4 of their best mids. Will be a good contest against another team that the industry expects to struggle this year alongside us.

Shiels and Burgoyne must be included if this is a best 22 dress rehearsal.

Personally I have no concerns with the omissions of CJ and Kosi, but in interested to see which way Clarko turns.

Obviously we go into round 1 with a team full of youth. And round 2. And 3. Burgoyne can reach 400 from the stands.

Would expect much the same as the Dogs game, with extended bench and managed minutes, so don’t get too hung up ins and outs.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't like playing the Skint bonnies because they are pretend hard nobs who are cheap shot kings that hide behind the umps, which lends to injury in a nothing game. In the real season all you really have to do to beat these sudo toughies is go the ball hard.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So every team get's to play on actual AFL grounds and we get our one and only official pre season match at a dump?
Got the short straw in the hubs to. I am going to blame Jeff. S

Seriously that is the best the AFL can do? It's almost like well suck it up your Tasmania arrangement is to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back