Hawthorn v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn 13-15 didnt give you much to hope for. They were a great team for many years. If Richmond have to travel for a prelim they wont make the GF. You wouldn't say the same of Hawthorn.
I really do hope people believe this. It would make it all the more enjoyable when we win interstate and people realize our interstate record is completely overblown.

Just to add to that point, we still copped lots of flak even in snagging the premiership ('fluked it', 'worst premiership side in AFL history', 'gifted it by the AFL' etc). Proof that old habits die hard for some grubs. :p

That's not unique to Richmond though.

Hawthorn's is less impressive lol, I agree here. Not sure what he's getting at.

Port were the best team for the majority of Brisbane's threepeat, Collingwood choked in one of them and they faced a depleted Essendon in 2001 - but I still wouldn't call their threepeat overrated. You can't really call any threepeat overrated, they're huge achievements.

Disagree. Brisbane were clearly better in 2001 and 2002, as proven by their superior W/L record and head to head record.

Would take something special from the tigers to take it from the Hawks, even if they did 3peat.

The hawks team was sublime to watch.
Richmond isn't quite the spectacle. Hats off to them for the gameplan and being able to execute it. But the ball use at the hawks was some of the best seen in a long time.
No doubt hawks ball use probably the best the game has seen just like our pressure is the best the game has seen. I love watching us smash into teams at the g and see the opposition crumble under our intense pressure, we hammer them into submission.
Long may it continue!

You must be imagining the “if"part of your statement. Your comment is just a garden variety troll. You also obviously can't see where my head is because your eyes must be currently focussed on your sigmoid colon.
Again I was talking about the previous post and you go back a dozen messages to suit your agenda.

Piss off and stop quoting me, I have no time for your bullshit responses.

Disagree. Brisbane were clearly better in 2001 and 2002, as proven by their superior W/L record and head to head record.

Great, disagree. You're wrong.

2001 Essendon finished on top of the ladder, and were depleted by

2002 and 2003, Port finished on top of the ladder. In 2003 they were a few games clear.

Plus Collingwood had them on toast in one of the finals and choked.

Still wouldn't be as bad as the 2011 Collingwood team not winning the flag. They were dominant that year, lost twice to Geelong and met Geelong in the GF. Heh.

All fell apart after that!
We have an opportunity to join pretty rare air in winning consecutive premierships in the modern era, so I hope we pull through, but like all winners, we will need a bit of luck to be fit and firing in September.

No comparison.
Tiges a good honest side, have found a good game formula, now a well run club, make good decisions. Getting 1 flag was beyond my expectations. Having a chance for another is also satisfying. Though there are potential pitfalls ahead. I recall vividly 72 final series which ended in calamity. Hope RFC maintains that memory and remains modest, while us fans release 30 plus years of frustration and annoy the hell out of everyone.

Hawks 3peat was spectacular. The year they beat Swans was especially impressive. And they are back.

Pies 2010 may bear some comparison with Tiges. Good game plan, prob worth 2 flags that team, but finally got worked out.

I am quietly nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No comparison.
Tiges a good honest side, have found a good game formula, now a well run club, make good decisions. Getting 1 flag was beyond my expectations. Having a chance for another is also satisfying. Though there are potential pitfalls ahead. I recall vividly 72 final series which ended in calamity. Hope RFC maintains that memory and remains modest, while us fans release 30 plus years of frustration and annoy the hell out of everyone.

Hawks 3peat was spectacular. The year they beat Swans was especially impressive. And they are back.

Pies 2010 may bear some comparison with Tiges. Good game plan, prob worth 2 flags that team, but finally got worked out.

I am quietly nervous.
A fair summation. However I just want to add all sides have and need luck to win a granny. The Hawthorn side that beat Sydney was blessed when in the first few minutes Buddy hurt his foot and was lame for the rest of the game. It might have been a different story if that freak event didn't occur.....

A fair summation. However I just want to add all sides have and need luck to win a granny. The Hawthorn side that beat Sydney was blessed when in the first few minutes Buddy hurt his foot and was lame for the rest of the game. It might have been a different story if that freak event didn't occur.....
I think Hawks were unstoppable that year, Buddy or no Buddy.

Seems to me our hard working ruck and star KPF are big keys to how we go in finals. If healthy and on the park, we have a good shot.

Surely this is a troll thread?! Richmond have won one flag, Hawthorn three in a row. I love what my team has achieved in the last 18 months but they do not have the runs on the board to even be discussed int he same breath as that Hawks team. Potentially they could be as good if not better, but we all know that potential doesn't always come to fruition now does it.

A better argument would be the Lions three-peat v the Hawks 3-peat. That lions team for mine will always be the most powerful juggernaut ever to play....despite having the Scott brothers in the team!:drunk:

Surely this is a troll thread?! Richmond have won one flag, Hawthorn three in a row. I love what my team has achieved in the last 18 months but they do not have the runs on the board to even be discussed int he same breath as that Hawks team. Potentially they could be as good if not better, but we all know that potential doesn't always come to fruition now does it.

A better argument would be the Lions three-peat v the Hawks 3-peat. That lions team for mine will always be the most powerful juggernaut ever to play....despite having the Scott brothers in the team!:drunk:
I never minded them as players, but as coaches they are :poo:

Lol

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

No doubt hawks ball use probably the best the game has seen just like our pressure is the best the game has seen. I love watching us smash into teams at the g and see the opposition crumble under our intense pressure, we hammer them into submission.
Long may it continue!

I rate Fremantles manic pressure of 2013 better than Richmonds!

I rate Fremantles manic pressure of 2013 better than Richmonds!
I think you are right. The advantage we had/have is our transition forward was/is much better and we could/can score more freely than Freo did in 2013 and thus put score board pressure on as well. Lyon's teams have always found it hard to score.

Dockers in 13 and Eagles in 15 were flashes in the pan in those respective years. Plus interstate teams tend to have a natural disadvantage against Melbourne teams (especially MCG tenants) in GFs. Brisbane was impressive as they saw off highly favoured Essendon and Collingwood in Victoria. Geelong also another non a Melbourne team.
Brisbane got to cherry pick the best players from 2 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back