Autopsy Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr intelligent.
I understand you might be upset about the loss but you're not doing yourself any favors here.
You're on an opposition board, if you want to trade insults I suggest you take it elsewhere

The one thing I hate most about the Carey affair is how its his betrayal of Stevens that takes centre stage not his betrayal of his own wife.
To not do the dirty on his missus he had to avoid screwing 2,999,999,999 women.
To avoid doing the dirty on his mate he just had to avoid screwing one.

Curious. Final score was a 51 pt win. Score now changed to 50 pts. Rushed behind. I don't have vision on whether it was pre or post siren. Anyone?

Burton punched the ball through the West Coast goals at the end of the game but I'm pretty sure it was after the siren. That's all I can think of.

Just thinking about the 3rd quarter and how more focused our defensive efforts were, and how much better they were than the last four weeks. We may not have turned the corner, but the reward for effort was there. When we were really under the pump after half time the team, as a whole, put in a really encouraging quarter of team defence.

So many positives from today....

Tom Mitchell, what a little machine this kid is. He's going to need a chop out, but **** me, this kid just puts his nose over the ball and digs in time and time again.

What about Langford? His disposals still need work (and always will I bet) but he was ferocious. If the ball was near him no-one else was getting it.

Everyone played Good at a minimum. TOB was great. McEvoy was outstanding. Last week he did well in a game where we got smashed, but he was fantastic today. Finally taking big pack marks.

No doubt. That's why you had triple the free kick count by half time, against the softest team in the league. Care to explain ?

stop sooking about the umpies...your team got belted and completely outplayed accept and move on ...if anything there was some horrible decisions against hawthorn (the push in back to Brand in front of goal, the 50 mtre penalty when Kennedy dived, Cyril being held clearly about 3 times)...you have zero basis to sook about them

The slick ball movement, the team focused play, the passion within goal celebrations. Oh... and Clarko psychologically smashing Carey and the umpires in the presser.

We're back, legit, the Hawks are as one once more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand you might be upset about the loss but you're not doing yourself any favors here.
You're on an opposition board, if you want to trade insults I suggest you take it elsewhere
So football discussion isn't encouraged on your board ? Fair enough . I was hoping to discuss football when I signed up to big footy ? my mistake.

Does anyone know why there wasn't an ANZAC ceremony before the game? I thought there was one prior to every game this round?
It is because Clarko has destroyed the culture at Hawthorn and therefore we have been so slow in deciding on a CEO that would have organised it :rolleyes:
In all seriousness, I also noticed this was missing.

So football discussion isn't encouraged on your board ? Fair enough . I was hoping to discuss football when I signed up to big footy ? my mistake.
Football discussion is always encouraged, I love when opposition posters bring their footy knowledge over and discuss the game.
Baiting posters and then responding with insults isn't talking footy
Blaming the umpires isn't talking footy
If you want to talk about the game have at it, if you want to blow off steam about the umps or the loss do it on your own board

Football discussion is always encouraged, I love when opposition posters bring their footy knowledge over and discuss the game.
Baiting posters and then responding with insults isn't talking footy
Blaming the umpires isn't talking footy
If you want to talk about the game have at it, if you want to blow off steam about the umps or the loss do it on your own board

Not sure exactly where you are coming from? Hawkers pantsed us , simple as that . I have said on our own board, we are so soft . I wish we were harder. Uncompromising footy ! I admire that in the Hawks ! And I admire that in robust conversation .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Much better!!!! Amazing when we decide to play Hawthorn football.
But My highlight of the day was Clarkos presser, absolutely belting the s**t out of that * **** they call Wayne Carey.

For those that haven't seen it please watch Clarko's post game interview ... especially his hit on Wayne Carey. Hasn't been a better hit by him since the Battle of Britain. Even my Mrs clapped & she's a Saints fan.

I'm sure every women would clap Carey getting hit - no matter what club they supported - given it is usually Carey hitting them.

I think that was the third time in a row Carey picked us to lose against WC at the MCG.

Think Hardwick might be a chance for a Rising Star nom this week. 19 posies and played a good shutdown job down back as well as providing an outlet on the way out.
There were a few highlights today, but for me, Hardwick's game was in the top three for me. Cyril's mark and Roughy's 500th were the other two.

The free kick comment was very unusual from Clarko and I'm sure that social media is abuzz with The freekickhawthorn s**t after that

I'm really pleased that Clarko is taking this stand with the media. I know I'm being overly precious but I really don't think that enough kudos went the boys way after their premierships due to all the other bullshit that went on and for them to get the knives out and use them so viciously while leaving Sydney and north untouched really pissed me off and yes I know they have been far more competitive but a loss is a loss and north especially should be under the pump far more than Clarko and Buckley imo and Longmire should also be having questions asked of him

But enough of that - takes away from a good solid win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back