Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs - Semi Final - MCG, Friday, Sept 16th, 7.50pm

Who will win? Hawks or Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Long time member.. circa 1984 not a whole lot of suffering though. Maybe you guys should drop back to the WAFL for a year or 2 who knows you might actually win some silverware there.
Freos reserves side in the WAFL is peel thunder. They are in the prelim. you might be right

I think that's a bit rich.. Your guy goes pretty well in the box every time there's a 50/50
You realise there's a difference between a split-second reaction in the heat of the moment and a calculated comment, right? Not to mention the irony of Hawthorn complaining about the officiating after the ride they've had this year.

Was a very poor thing to say.

Who pissed in your cereal?
Wow 5 words in a row correctly spelt. That's really imp
You realise there's a difference between a split-second reaction in the heat of the moment and a calculated comment, right? Not to mention the irony of Hawthorn complaining about the officiating after the ride they've had this year.

Was a very poor thing to say.
swings & roundabouts... I'm not to worried sure we may have had a few lucky calls this year I just find it funny how every man and his dog jump on it so quickly.. Next dominant team will cop the same gaurenteed

Congratulations to doggies, smashed us in contested possession, which hasn't been unusual over the last few years, but then used those possessions as we have in the past - to dominate us in our bread-and-butter uncontested possession. Would have won by more if not for nerves in front of goal early on. Surprised we kept it as close as we did in the end. Good luck to doggies and GWS for the rest of the finals series.

A big * you to non-doggies supporters dancing on our grave. Have some dignity and acknowledge the accomplishments of the HFC over the last 3 years.

And finally a big thanks to the Hawthorn football club, its players, and its coaching staff. It has been an amazing run over the last 3 years, the I'll carry the enjoyment they've provided to me as a footy fan for the rest of my life.

Just jokin.. I'm content tonight would've liked a win but happy the Doggies are in a prelim. I just really hope someone knocks off those smart arse Cats next week
How's the player of yours going? What's his name again? Err, that's right... Ishanc Smiss... One kick cost your your fourgasm.... As your number one fan Bwuce says, "Delicious!" :thumbsu::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just jokin.. I'm content tonight would've liked a win but happy the Doggies are in a prelim. I just really hope someone knocks off those smart arse Cats next week

All good. I've got a healthy amount of respect for the Hawks and what they've achieved, but happy to see the Doggies get up as well.

How's the player of yours going? What's his name again? Err, that's right... Ishanc Smiss... One kick cost your your fourgasm.... As your number one fan Bwuce says, "Delicious!" :thumbsu::D
Enjoy the week ahead mate as I think it'll be your last. Sydney will beat Adelaide and then they will more than likely come down and give you the mother of all pantsings as they did not long ago on your home patch.. We mightn't have got the 4 in a row but your captain has set a new record... 4th consecutive year highest free for tally.. yay

Enjoy the week ahead mate as I think it'll be your last. Sydney will beat Adelaide and then they will more than likely come down and give you the mother of all pantsings as they did not long ago on your home patch.. We mightn't have got the 4 in a row but your captain has set a new record... 4th consecutive year highest free for tally.. yay
You might be right, we could get beaten next week, such is life. I can live with that knowing your s**t team won't be getting a fourpeat and we played a role in that. As for Joel, thank you very much, he is an excellent player who uses the rules to his advantage. Much like your Puopolo. So knowing how good Puppy is at drawing a head-high free, I understand you must admire a great exponent of the art like Joel Selwood.

You might be right, we could get beaten next week, such is life. I can live with that knowing your s**t team won't be getting a fourpeat and we played a role in that. As for Joel, thank you very much, he is an excellent player who uses the rules to his advantage. Much like your Puopolo. So knowing how good Puppy is at drawing a head-high free, I understand you must admire a great exponent of the art like Joel Selwood.
Yeah he is the best that I have no doubt. I just hope the umps wake up to it.. Ha as if. I'm pretty sure a band called Reguritator sung a song about Selwood once a while ago. Check it out..

Yeah he is the best that I have no doubt. I just hope the umps wake up to it.. Ha as if. I'm pretty sure a band called Reguritator sung a song about Selwood once a while ago. Check it out..
Oh you have musical interests too, how nice. Anyway, it's been fun chatting with you, cos I know what good sports you Hawthorn supporters are. Always humble in victory or defeat - yep - Hawthorn supporters seem so well liked on this forum for that. Have a nice off season, and we'll see you next year.

Oh you have musical interests too, how nice. Anyway, it's been fun chatting with you, cos I know what good sports you Hawthorn supporters are. Always humble in victory or defeat - yep - Hawthorn supporters seem so well liked on this forum for that. Have a nice off season, and we'll see you next year.
Well I did actually congratulate the Dogs on the win but what I hate is when smug Cats fans skulk in with their self righteous drivel.. That being said good luck next week

Long time member.. circa 1984 not a whole lot of suffering though. Maybe you guys should drop back to the WAFL for a year or 2 who knows you might actually win some silverware there.

Someone isn't taking the loss too well

Was asked a completely unrelated question and worked his way onto the three-peat - "Collingwood won 4 but 2 of those were after lost prelims". Not to mention it's factually wrong.

Yes, they only lost one "preliminary final" or "final" as they were also called, in 1930 against Geelong, and got a rematch (if Pies had won the first one, they'd have won the flag right away). The second one Clarko is probably thinking of was in 1929 where they lost a Semi-Final to Richmond which allowed Collingwood to skip the prelim and go straight to the Grand final as their reward for losing. Richmond who won the semi had to play in the prelim the next week, and then lost to the Pies the following week. Fairly strange concept that the reward for losing a semi is a week off and straight to the grand final, but such were the rules of the time. Clarko failed to mention the best of the 4-peats though, which was the 1927 win against Richmond where they only kicked 2 goals, but won because Richmond only kicked 1 goal. Not that the close margin or inability to score mattered much, as had they lost, they'd have used the challenge rule anyway for a second chance at the flag.

Anyway, while making a valid point - that the pies 4-peat might have been a little easier than other three-peats post the dismantling of the argus system post their 4th flag - I do think he probably should have kept his mouth shut on the topic. Just made him look saltier than he needed to. Same for the holding the ball decisions. The umpires were at least consistent with the interpretation both ways, I think he was more annoyed that he'd been out coached in that area, because dogs players were doing a better job of using the interpretation that we were (think he was referring to the tactic of not opting to dispose by hand or foot, and placing the ball on the ground when tackled to the advantage of a team mate to pick up and clear from the contest).

Back