Hawthorn V Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Williams for most of the first quarter. I believe it was Dale Morris for the rest of the game. Some other players may have tried late at some stage. I didn't worry to much about watching in the 4th.

Also i havent seen the full game, but looking at the AFL gameday:

Hawthorn shots from within the

Corridor within 50m:
Rest of team 14 goals 1 behinds. Franklin 2.2

Corridor outside 50:
Rest of team 1 goal 2. Franklin 0.0

Flanks inside 50:
Rest of team 4 goals 1. Franklin 0.3

Flanks outside 50:
Rest of team 0.2 Franklin 0.6

Franklin took 6 out of the 8 most difficult shots. And 9 out of the 16 most difficult shots.

Now, he should have kicked 3-4 more of those goals, to be around 6.7, but lets put the score line in context.

Incredible start from the Doggies.

Hawthorn cant buy a goal.

I was at the game and the Hawks actually smashed the Dogs from the first bounce. The Dogs just made the most of their limited opportunities going forward, whereas we were wasteful. The result was inevitable once we started getting the rewards from our dominance.

The Dogs are quite possibly the biggest bunch of front running one way footballers ever seen. They got easy goals by cheating but once we nailed our opportunites the ball didn't have a chance to come back out to all their "runners" who wait for West and Cross to distribute the ball to them.

At one stage the Bulldogs progressed the ball about 40m forward over about a minute and no other player but West touched it. The poor bloke had to take on about 4 or 5 separate tackles to keep earning possession while his teammates spectated.

This game was never in doubt, the Hawks were always on top in general play, it just took a while longer than it should have to show on the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy Love 2.11
not too acurate.
maybe brian taylor could head down to his old club and give the big man some pointers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back