Review Hawthorn Video Highlights

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Clippers
Just wandering around the forums and saw this post, but my own Carlton channel has been getting hammered by AFL copyright notices and video takedowns than any year previously. I actually suspect Foxtel and Seven and the clubs themselves more than the AFL for the simple reason that match highlights and most match footage still seems to be ok (as in the AFL plant a copyright notice over it and claim advertising revenue, but generally dont issue a takedown), whereas its Seven and Fox interviews and other bits and pieces that are getting taken down - and more and more clubs are posting these to their own sites. Im personally on two strikes at the moment and they wont clear for another 6 months - hit me again and its 6 years of work gone down the drain.
I surprisingly haven't been given strikes yet, but since I've cut out interviews and also maximized my clip time to 30 seconds, I haven't had a problem. Still concerned however that the channel will be taken down sooner than later

Just wandering around the forums and saw this post, but my own Carlton channel has been getting hammered by AFL copyright notices and video takedowns than any year previously. I actually suspect Foxtel and Seven and the clubs themselves more than the AFL for the simple reason that match highlights and most match footage still seems to be ok (as in the AFL plant a copyright notice over it and claim advertising revenue, but generally dont issue a takedown), whereas its Seven and Fox interviews and other bits and pieces that are getting taken down - and more and more clubs are posting these to their own sites. Im personally on two strikes at the moment and they wont clear for another 6 months - hit me again and its 6 years of work gone down the drain.
Probably because it contains footage of carlton playing footy. ;-)

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry for intruding here, but I'm trying to find a copy of the 2007 Elimination Final for someone.
Would you be able to provide me with a copy?

I also operate my own YouTube channel, I mostly upload old games from the 2000s, but they shut the old Bigpond server where I was getting them from a few days ago, kinda stuffed now. They did take down all the finals matches from my channel a few months ago. I can sense a few copyright strikes coming my way eventually...

Sorry for intruding here, but I'm trying to find a copy of the 2007 Elimination Final for someone.

I also operate my own YouTube channel, I mostly upload old games from the 2000s, but they shut the old Bigpond server where I was getting them from a few days ago, kinda stuffed now. They did take down all the finals matches from my channel a few months ago. I can sense a few copyright strikes coming my way eventually...
As an overseas plebeian, I really appreciate videos from guys like you. Sadly, I can’t help you though

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
The usual suspects would go orbital on TV if Jars were running around doing that today

Makes a few current superstars look a bit pedestrian, he was a prolific tackler too, so the 'laconic' tag was a bit misplaced

Jarman2Dunstall - would that be the most productive goal assist combo ever?

I have one, and I'm in Adelaide. PM me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wundo

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2010
Melbourne - WA - Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I made this the other day, just a whole stack of best, famous & favourite moments, starting with the earliest footage I could find, R4 1952.

I've only just started watching it, will enjoy it all later but I laughed out loud at the umpire signalling Don Scott's goal, 47 seconds in, I wish all goal umpires still gestured in this way!

So I made this the other day, just a whole stack of best, famous & favourite moments, starting with the earliest footage I could find, R4 1952.

Many thanks, stemline, great collection of highlights, particularly for us older blokes!

Also love your Cyril highlights packages.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Thanks

Thanks stem.:thumbsu:You have no idea NO, you probably understand exactly the kick I got out of this video. Ah, the memories.

Just a couple of observations.

First, is Sicily a clone of Dermot? Their on field actions look very similar in Brereton's early years.

Second, it's amazing just how many champion players have played for our great club. Which raises the point, will any of the many young players we have introduced, and will debut this year become mentioned in the same breath as those on your video. I would guess there could be a few, so the future looks, like the past, very bright.

Watching, Platts, Jars, Craw, JD, Bud, and many others performing their tricks was just fantastic.

Now back to earth which is season 2018.

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Thanks

Thanks stem.:thumbsu:You have no idea NO, you probably understand exactly the kick I got out of this video. Ah, the memories.

Just a couple of observations.

First, is Sicily a clone of Dermot? Their on field actions look very similar in Brereton's early years.

Second, it's amazing just how many champion players have played for our great club. Which raises the point, will any of the many young players we have introduced, and will debut this year become mentioned in the same breath as those on your video. I would guess there could be a few, so the future looks, like the past, very bright.

Watching, Platts, Jars, Craw, JD, Bud, and many others performing their tricks was just fantastic.

Now back to earth which is season 2018.

Edit: Shows how much we miss Cyril too.

This would be an excellent video for Bradkli and his pessamestic mates to watch as a penance for their poor quality postings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back