Hawthorn vs Essendon - Massive Clash Saturday 1.45 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I think what Hawks fans are failing to comprehend is the round 9 to 19 Essendon is completely different to the round 1 t 8 Essendon. You Hawks keep quoting stats from the whole season but it’s not even close to reflecting how our current side is performing. Since then we have had significant changes in personnel, gameplan and results. If you want to quote stats to back up your argument quote some from our last 10 rounds to point out our weaknesses, don’t bother with 1 to 9, we all know we were crap then.

I think what Hawks fans are failing to comprehend is the round 9 to 19 Essendon is completely different to the round 1 t 8 Essendon. You Hawks keep quoting stats from the whole season but it’s not even close to reflecting how our current side is performing. Since then we have had significant changes in personnel, gameplan and results. If you want to quote stats to back up your argument quote some from our last 10 rounds to point out our weaknesses, don’t bother with 1 to 9, we all know we were crap then.
I am well aware of how well Essendon have gone the last 10 weeks but why do you care so much if hawthorn fans acknowledge it?

I am well aware of how well Essendon have gone the last 10 weeks but why do you care so much if hawthorn fans acknowledge it?

I don’t really “care” it’s just the argument is misguided on both sides as both sides are talking about different things. No biggy, just pointing out to Hawks fans why Bombers fans aren’t buying their stats.

Unsociable Hawks?
More like unsociable Dorks...

giphy.gif

No doubt over the last 10 weeks that Essendon have improved in a lot of areas and are playing much better footy, but so have the Hawks for that matter.

Since the loss to Brisbane at the GABBA the Hawks are ranked 1st in the league in points conceded during that time. Haven’t conceded over 100 points since Round 9 to be exact.

Hawthorn will field a fastly different team to the one that took the field in Round 7. As will Essendon.

IN: Schoenmakers, Puopolo, Ceglar, Henderson, Brand, Miles

OUT: McEvoy, Sicily, Howe, Duryea, O’Brien, Cousins

Essendon

IN: Fantasia, Dea, Francis, Langford, Guelfi, Brown

OUT: Daniher, Stewart, Ambrose, Laverde, Mutch, McNiece

There must be one of.....

A melee
A mascot brawl
A misguided bump that results in an all in brawl
A Hawthorn player planting a kiss on the cheek of an Essendon player (or umpire as back up)
A Hawthorn player reaching out for a high five only to be denied

Otherwise its not really an Essendon v Hawthorn match.

There must be one of.....

A melee
A mascot brawl
A misguided bump that results in an all in brawl
A Hawthorn player planting a kiss on the cheek of an Essendon player (or umpire as back up)
A Hawthorn player reaching out for a high five only to be denied

Otherwise its not really an Essendon v Hawthorn match.
My prediction- essendon by 98 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not missing it at all. I’m hoping for a win but not overly confident. There is no way in hell you are the same team.

Neither are we. We have lost Sicily and McEvoy but I reckon Jaegar has definitely improved since then and our midfield is definitely working better. Our forwardline is functioning a lot better too

If I’m frank our last game was a s**t fest only made good by a win. I reckon the best thing about today is that we are going to have much more quality from both teams who were both pretty awful to watch in our last game

Last edited:
No doubt over the last 10 weeks that Essendon have improved in a lot of areas and are playing much better footy, but so have the Hawks for that matter.

Since the loss to Brisbane at the GABBA the Hawks are ranked 1st in the league in points conceded during that time. Haven’t conceded over 100 points since Round 9 to be exact.

Hawthorn will field a fastly different team to the one that took the field in Round 7. As will Essendon.

IN: Schoenmakers, Puopolo, Ceglar, Henderson, Brand, Miles

OUT: McEvoy, Sicily, Howe, Duryea, O’Brien, Cousins

Essendon

IN: Fantasia, Dea, Francis, Langford, Guelfi, Brown

OUT: Daniher, Stewart, Ambrose, Laverde, Mutch, McNiece

Lol, against Freo, Carlton and Gold Coast? I'd expect any half decent team to do that. Plus a loss to the Lions in Tassie (granted they found some form). Don't kid yourself, Hawthorn are the same old middle of the road team.

He was "pi$$$$ed off" that the narrative around the supplements saga painted essendon players as victims which he believed they were not.
I think most supporters and people in football the media (behind the scenes) didn't see them as victims but took on that narrative in the public sector so not to ruin the game.

I think most supporters and people in football the media (behind the scenes) didn't see them as victims but took on that narrative in the public sector so not to ruin the game.
I had a candid convo with a well known AFL personality from fox footy and he was convinced the players were naive but never set out to be drug cheats. However, he didn't have much sympathy for JH. He also said that in his opinion that was the view from the footy industry in general.

I'm not here to begin the HTB again, just stating his views

hope so. A champion player who appears to have a great footy brain. It would be pretty hypocritical of us to expect others to move on yet refuse to look past some people's behaviour
Ratsy going, Kennett talking succession plans, Clarko hinting he will re-sign soon, Mitchell leaving West Coast and nasty words fired off on game day about the Bombers = I reckon he is coming our way.

But stranger things have happened MXETT. Bigfooty would s**t itself if Mitchell went to the Bombers. He he

Remove this Banner Ad

Back