Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond play a more physical game than the Dons. Cats will be sore. I think this is a 50/50 game.

Every Hawthorn Geelong game is a 50/50 no matter where they sit on the ladder. The Essendon/Hawthorn rivalry isn't so deep seated in the players anymore but the Hawthorn/Geelong rivalry is still fire in the belly for a lot of these current players.

They both genuinely hate each other on the field IMO.

1) can’t believe this isn’t Friday night or at least FTA. Since when did hawthorn v Geelong games disappoint?

The AFL has scheduled quite a few Sat arvo blockbusters at the G at the backend of the season due to what I assume is the improving weather:

Round 18: Pies v Roos [50/50]
Round 19: Tigers v Pies
Round 20: Hawks v Dons
Round 21: Hawks v Cats
Round 22: Pies v Port
Round 23: Tigers v Bulldogs [50/50]

No doubt Fox has hand picked these, as their production for these games have been as grandiose as the Ch 7 production. Yesterday they had:
*Sarah Jones, David King and a 3rd person I can't remember "hosting" the before game, and in between quarters, broadcasting from a desk with a view of the ground
*Eddie Mcguire, a 2nd Commentator, Cam Mooney, Gary Lyon and brad Johnson (I think) for during the play

edit: 3rd host was Dunstall and 2nd Commentator was Dwayne Russel. They had 8 freaking people at the ground. So over the top

Every Hawthorn Geelong game is a 50/50 no matter where they sit on the ladder. The Essendon/Hawthorn rivalry isn't so deep seated in the players anymore but the Hawthorn/Geelong rivalry is still fire in the belly for a lot of these current players.

They both genuinely hate each other on the field IMO.
Oh really? Thanks for the history lesson, I never knew. Anyway, seeing as though you really badly want a tip, I'll say the cats by 10 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just going to add this ;)

Edit: Holy s**t, Stratton's spoil running back with the flight with 10 seconds to go. That's why we love this man.
Absolute ridiculous courage and effort to het there that the commentators didn't pick up on.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cats were epic against the Tigers on Friday night.
If they play to that level against us this week, Cats will win by 5 goals.
Best chance Hawks have is if the Cats allow us to control the ball.
If the Cats take on the game.....we’re in trouble.

We like to be in control and don’t handle the kamakazi style of play.
Saw this earlier in the year against the Cats when they came back from a few goals down and nearly pinched it, and same yesterday against the Dons. If you play on and take the game on, the Hawks defence gets exposed.

Hoping for a close one, but expecting the Cats to be to good

Regardless of the result, and if we play finals this year or not, I am proud of what our club has done this year.

Hawthorn started today in third and will finish it in fifth, but they're also a game off 10th. Can't rely on ladder position this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back