Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

After the Gaff distraction let's get back to a huge round of footy and the best rivalry we've had for the last ten years. These fixtures are the best.

GO CATTERS!!!!!!

The most important part. The umpires for the match:

Matt Stevic (9), David Harris (24) and Shaun Ryan (25). Emergency: Jacob Mollison (32).

The Cat's came back to almost beat Hawthorn in Round 2, when they received 10 free kicks in the last 15 minutes of the game. Ray Chamberlain was there.

Hopefully the umps go unnoticed on Saturday, and cannot be suckered by any of the players.

The Cat's came back to almost beat Hawthorn in Round 2, when they received 10 free kicks in the last 15 minutes of the game. Ray Chamberlain was there.

Hopefully the umps go unnoticed on Saturday, and cannot be suckered by any of the players.

I pray for this every week in every game and always come away disappointed.

I can't believe we are playing Geelong a couple of weeks out from finals and they are the team needing the win to keep their season alive... Im an optimistic supporter but tell me that 9 months ago and I would of scoffed.

Just chuffed we are even in this position, especially after having no Sicily or McEvoy for a while.

Geez, had to take 5 posts before a Richmond supporter referred to Richmond in a non-Richmond thread.

Standards are slipping guys......

I thought it was a fun bit of wordplay, but god damn didn't you guys flock to it like moths to a flame! Really hit a nerve

I mean, all he really said was Scott was prone to pantomimic displays, do you disagree?!

The most important part. The umpires for the match:

Matt Stevic (9), David Harris (24) and Shaun Ryan (25). Emergency: Jacob Mollison (32).

I dont mind which umpires we get, I think they all get a hard time and actually do a good job with what they have to work with.

That said, Razor and his look-at-me crap can * right off. So I am just glad he isn't involved.

Good question, Hawks won earlier this season, 5th v 9th, Hawks beat Bombers (the in form team)and Bombers smashed us, Cats don’t play the MCG very well anymore. Hawks should definitely be favourites.

First time I've heard this? Is this a popular opinion among cats fans or just you?

I'd look at the stats but you know your club, its easier to just take your word for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question, Hawks won earlier this season, 5th v 9th, Hawks beat Bombers (the in form team)and Bombers smashed us, Cats don’t play the MCG very well anymore. Hawks should definitely be favourites.

Cats were very good against the Tigers last round.
I honestly thought the Tigers would win by 5+ goals, but Cats never gave up and kept coming.
You play anywhere near that level, and Hawks will be lucky to get within 5 goals.

But as always, Cats and Hawks have a reputation for putting on a good game, so expect it to be close.
And as we have seen, Cats have tended to be better in the close ones.

Could go either way, but Cats rightly favorites.......I am surprised that Hawthorn are as close as $2.20

Meh neither team will win the flag and even if they do nobody will respect them. So what's the point?

They've lost 8 or so games each over the season. If they do win the flag it would be in the form of an upset not championism.

Actually getting sick of these lottery premierships the bye rd has split the finals and H&A into two separate comps.

Last edited:
Meh neither team will win the flag and even if they do nobody will respect them. So what's the point?

They've lost 8 or so games each over the season. If they do win the flag it would be in the form of an upset not championism.
Who needs respect if you win the flag this year.

Ask any cat supporters about what they would rather have respect or the flag in 08. Same with Hawk supporters in 2012.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I pray for this every week in every game and always come away disappointed.

i thought the umps were alright last Saturday, especially given we had Margets.

The advantage calls in the last quarter cost the Hawks two goals. There might have been a few decisions here and there, but overall the game was larger than the umps.

Essendon were saved a couple of times by the score review.... a couple of goals that became touched balls after tips of the fingers were found on review.

Who needs respect if you win the flag this year.

Ask any cat supporters about what they would rather have respect or the flag in 08. Same with Hawk supporters in 2012.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We're not exactly flag hungry. If we're to win another I'd like to win it properly and without any doubt or dispute. Minor premiers is a given, ideally only 1-2 losses, with a percentage in the 150/160 range.

But yes a flag in 2018 would be better than no flag at all. Provided it doesn't "exchange" itself with the moral flag that would've been won over the following seasons.

Last edited:
First time I've heard this? Is this a popular opinion among cats fans or just you?

I'd look at the stats but you know your club, its easier to just take your word for it

Who do we play there?

Collingwood - good side and a bogey side
Richmond - good side
Hawthorn - reasonable side and always up for it
Sydney a couple of years ago in a prelim - our bogey side
Melbourne - becoming a good side

I think we play it ok but against the sides we play there, we need to be better than ok

CooVt08.jpg
Which game has he got this weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back