Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Fabes

All Australian
Jan 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree with the psyching themselves up for the big games. They are suspect the week after a Hawthorn game and coming off a bye. I think Geelong wouldn't mind meeting Richmond and West Coast but Melbourne has pretty much outplayed Geelong in both encounters this year but somehow managed to **** both games up.
Wasn't too sure about how they fared in the first Melbourne game so thanks for the info.

It's a bit disturbing how they've fared after a Hawthorn game and with only three games left, can't afford to drop the Hawks game, especially if they are then suspect next week.

For the record, I think you guys will win this week but I am hoping for a good tough close game - the ones both clubs have entertained us with in the last few years.

Good luck for the game mate.

Carn the Hawks!

rjslcM

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2008
Glen Waverly
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Australia, Roger Federer.
Yes, Clarkson often rolls up to press conferences making excuses. Umpire bashing and the like.

Think you read the headlines too much which are made headlines by taking a quote completely out of context.

I've watched almost all of his pressers for the last decade or so.

One of his most repeated and rolled out lines after a loss is that 'we were just a bit scratchy in ____ area of the game'.

Umpire bashing? I've heard him speak out against rules not being adjudicated consistently but never has he used it as an excuse lol.

Meanwhile...
images (7).jpeg

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Think you read the headlines too much which are made headlines by taking a quote completely out of context.

I've watched almost all of his pressers for the last decade or so.

One of his most repeated and rolled out lines after a loss is that 'we were just a bit scratchy in ____ area of the game'.

Umpire bashing? I've heard him speak out against rules not being adjudicated consistently but never has he used it as an excuse lol.

Meanwhile...
View attachment 541290
So Scott's disrespectful because he's passionate in the coaches box? Good theory. Meanwhile Clarkson continues to be an angry excuse mongerer.

rjslcM

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2008
Glen Waverly
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So Scott's disrespectful because he's passionate in the coaches box? Good theory. Meanwhile Clarkson continues to be an angry excuse mongerer.

:tearsofjoy:

Lets just say that we both may be experiencing some confirmation bias in regards to the perceived character of our respective coaches and call it a day.

...except my coach has 4 premierships, layed the foundation himself, and remains incredibly humble.

Scott is about to get very found out today.

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
:tearsofjoy:

Lets just say that we both may be experiencing some confirmation bias in regards to the perceived character of our respective coaches and call it a day.

...except my coach has 4 premierships, layed the foundation himself, and remains incredibly humble.

Scott is about to get very found out today.
Let's just say I'm comfortable with what I see and hear and the rest of you can please yourselves.

Bootstrap

Team Captain
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Midday/night, rain/sunshine

It's still going to be another classic.

Last edited:

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Roughy out is a huge loss for hawks structure...Pittonet in is a disaster. He moves like a turtle. Stanley will absolutely destroy him around the ground. If Geelong can’t beat a Hawthorn team who’s two key forwards are Shoenmakers and Ceglar they have no right to play finals.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was just about to come in and post how long it would take for the excuses to roll in.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn

We had some beauties in the 90's. Not the 115 point drubbing where Dunstall kicked 12.4 in the Grand Final rematch of round 1, 1990 though:huh:

1991 semi final - Hawks by 2 points

Round 1 1992 - Hawks overcome a 28 point half time deficit to win 21.15 to 18.13 and as he did in round 1, 1990, Dunstall again kicked 12.4 wtf. Dunstall kicked 9 goals against us later in the year at Kardinia. Ablett actually played on him for a bit.

round 7 1995 - hawks win by 5 at our home ground

A 2 point win the next year in 1996 for the Hawks again at our home ground.

1997 - a one goal win for the hawks at Princess Park

1999 - a 2 point win at kardinia again and in the video above also beat us by 2 points in the return fixture.

For ****s sake how many times did they beat us at Kardinia by under a goal. So many close games.

**** you Hawthorn:D:thumbsu:

The 90s as a teenager was terrible for a Hawks fan. Knowing we would always find a way to nick a single figure win against Geelong made it bearable!

rjslcM

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2008
Glen Waverly
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I was just about to come in and post how long it would take for the excuses to roll in.

Excuses?

The fact of the matter is that you have far more to lose today, which means more reason to win.

We're underdogs for a reason today.

Its this fact that will make your defeat all the more hilarious and enjoyable.

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Excuses?

The fact of the matter is that you have far more to lose today, which means more reason to win.

We're underdogs for a reason today.

Its this fact that will make your defeat all the more hilarious and enjoyable.
We both can still miss the finals. Whoever loses top 4 is out of the question.

And please don't disappear after the game.

rjslcM

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2008
Glen Waverly
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
We both can still miss the finals. Whoever loses top 4 is out of the question.

And please don't disappear after the game.

Your holy trinity has an average age of 31.3 years.

You have a lot more to lose from this match, from this season, than we do.

Where our trajectory is heading back up, yours is down.

I'll be seeing you then

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
This game being played at midday on a Saturday is a joke and quite frankly insulting to both clubs.

Midday/night, rain/sunshine

It's still going to be another classic.

Really? Saturday afternoon is the best timeslot IMO.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If hawthorn couldn’t beat a Geelong without Hawkins, Stanley and Henderson I would be ashamed. This who’s out for the hawks today. Only mcevoy and Sicily are a million times better than Henderson and Stanley.

On form over the past few months Stanley has been way better than McEvoy, as much as McEvoy may have had the far better career. And while Sicily is a better player than Henderson, that's like comparing Selwood and Duncan - it's not like the inferior of the two is a s**t player

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I agree with the psyching themselves up for the big games. They are suspect the week after a Hawthorn game and coming off a bye. I think Geelong wouldn't mind meeting Richmond and West Coast but Melbourne has pretty much outplayed Geelong in both encounters this year but somehow managed to **** both games up.

First game I thought we threw the kitchen sink at you but ultimately you were better, second time around I think we were a 5 goal better side for all but 15 minutes :'(

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
On form over the past few months Stanley has been way better than McEvoy, as much as McEvoy may have had the far better career. And while Sicily is a better player than Henderson, that's like comparing Selwood and Duncan - it's not like the inferior of the two is a s**t player
Not to mention he's compared a finished Roughead with the most inform forward in the league.

Back