Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You could have at least waited till the final siren to get all excited about a game that will get ugly for Hawthorn.
Very uncommon for any Hawks v Cats game to be a blow out, either way. These two teams keep on keeping on against each other, no matter what outs

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
I wonder what the odds are for Hawkins to break Fannings record into Geelong setting the record score/winning margin.

Will the excuse from Hawthorn 'supporters' this weekend be injuries, umpires or both?

Geelong failed to beat Box Hill last year in Round 21 when Roughead, McEvoy, Birchall, Sicily and Howe all didn’t play.

What excuses will the Hawk melters bring this week?

What excuses will Geelong make when they lose to a severely depleted Hawks team? But it was raining, but Hawthorn have un unfair home ground advantage, but Rhys Stanley is a spud, but we were missing Cockatoo. :$

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
What excuses will Geelong make when they lose to a severely depleted Hawks team? But it was raining, but Hawthorn have un unfair home ground advantage, but Rhys Stanley is a spud, but we were missing Cockatoo. :$
None at all, we're not Hawthorn.

None at all, we're not Hawthorn.

No, so what about the two losses to Hawthorn last year. What was the excuses then? Hawthorn actually have a legitimate excuse and that is they are not the team they used to be! :(

All jokes aside it should be a good game.

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
No, so what about the two losses to Hawthorn last year. What was the excuses then? Hawthorn actually have a legitimate excuse and that is they are not the team they used to be! :(

All jokes aside it should be a good game.
Every single time your club loses it's always somebody elses fault or you makes excuses. They are facts. Read each and every Hawthorn autopsy thread after a loss.

And you've already started making them.

Every single time your club loses it's always somebody elses fault or you makes excuses. They are facts. Read each and every Hawthorn autopsy thread after a loss.

And you've already started making them.

I can turn around and say the exact same thing about some of the Cat fans on here. Last year Geelong failed to beat an under strength Hawks team in Round 21. There’s a good chance they may well lose again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bandwagon

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
I can turn around and say the exact same thing about some of the Cat fans on here. Last year Geelong failed to beat an under strength Hawks team in Round 21. There’s a good chance they may well lose again.
There's those excuses again.

Geelong are just as undermanned as you cept we have enough depth to get the job done.

Geelong are just as undermanned as you cept we have enough depth to get the job done.
So Geelong were missing the equivalent of Dangerfield, Selwood x2, & Ablett from their midfield and Harry Taylor & Tom Stewart from their defense on the weekend?

You spin some strange s**t Stabby, but this is a good one.

Please don’t say Lachie Henderson. He’s not even in the best 22. Cockatoo is the only one that comes to mind. Players like S.Selwood and C.Guthrie are depth players at best and make the Geelong side worse and Zac Smith is just terrible.

Looking forward to seeing McEvoy obliterating Stanley again and Geelong’s tall key defenders chasing the Hawks small forwards and being made to look slow.

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Please don’t say Lachie Henderson. He’s not even in the best 22. Cockatoo is the only one that comes to mind. Players like S.Selwood and C.Guthrie are depth players at best and make the Geelong side worse and Zac Smith is just terrible.

Looking forward to seeing McEvoy obliterating Stanley again and Geelong’s tall key defenders chasing the Hawks small forwards and being made to look slow.

Easy Hawks victory then?

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

Cockatoo is a myth

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Hawks were terrific last year Easter Monday and I'll say the umps dragged us back into the game late with some bullshit decisions. The one point loss flattered us, but the game ended up being a classic, with the umps help or not:)

We made a late come back in the 2nd meeting last year before Roughy sealed it but were completely outplayed again. 11 points I think was the margin but we didn't deserve to get anywhere near that.

Come to think of it * we were lucky in 2017 in the 2nd meeting too. Issac Smith, you botched it again son. In the first meeting of 2017 we just destroyed em.

Looking forward to a good game and I respect the Hawks.

Admirable effort to talk this game up Macpotata but the Cats have this in the bag and it won't be pretty from a Hawks perspective.

I usually hold out some hope most games no matter how we are going or who we are playing but I'm fearful of what's going to happen to us this round.

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
So Geelong were missing the equivalent of Dangerfield, Selwood x2, & Ablett from their midfield and Harry Taylor & Tom Stewart from their defense on the weekend?

You spin some strange s**t Stabby, but this is a good one.
Ha, what defenders do you have as good as Tom Stewart? James Sicily is ok, but he hasn't missed any games except through suspension has he? Comparing a 30 year old spud who has done a hamstring with an AA defender is a false equivalency! Even comparing one of your midfielders to Selwood is bullshit.......

Catsnlakers

Even Hank Moody is in awe of Geelong!
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
L.A Angels, Anaheim Ducks & M.Stars
The personnel available for both teams this week says Geelong should win comfortably, but it never works that way with us & the hawks....Last year in Round 21 was no different, we were heavily favoured & I didn’t like it, same as this week. It will be a margin of 18 points or less. Bookmark it.

Back