Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Roos by a bit

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Roos by a fair bit

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy to say when u r on the right end. Look we weren't good enough but it just kills the game when it isn't even.

I swear I cannot tell if you're trolling or if you're serious. When your avatar is made up of about 6 pixels, I get a distinct air of troll...:huh:

Thought north played good footy today with most of their senior players playing well. Just shows how much better this hawthorn is. Four in a row is theirs to lose.

Watching the game as a neutral, didn't really feel the umpires swayed one way or another. One side is the best of the top 8, the other is the worst, lets be thankful we can get entertaining games when teams are on either side of the scale, competition is healthy!

In saying that, suck eggs north!!

Easy to say when u r on the right end. Look we weren't good enough but it just kills the game when it isn't even.

Easy to say when u r not a ******* sook. I was saying the same thing to some hawks fans last week.

Try not being such a moaning little bitch, it will imrpove your experience.

This may come as a shock but it doesn't have to be even. Every week in every game every team has decisions go against them - this year the Hawks apparently get the rub of the green even though the stats don't support that but it's easier for supporters to focus on that rather than other things throughout a game that cost a win.

We must have one of the most frustrating lists in the comp. Not that I think we are underachieving, but we have so many players who can do all this great stuff but just can't execute basics.

Thinking of Swallow (huge efforts in multiple finals, tackles like a madman, never shirks a contest...but is an awful kick), Daw (can take a grab, hold his own in the ruck, outrun most of his KD opponents...but is a poor set shot and has awful KF positioning), Thomas (can do the impossible...also gives away a 50 at least every week),

As of right now we have 4 reliable senior players - Goldstein, Tarrant, Ziebell and Cunnington. Not that they play the perfect game every week or anything, Ziebell especially has his down weeks, but they are the main 4 who don't have a huge gap between their normal performance and their worst.

Nice to see the idiots/trolls out in force though bagging kids who have played less than 10 games, wow surprise surprise they struggle v a team like Hawthorn...considering the Hawks have won the last 2 grand finals by bigger margins than today, it's not like it's some massive surprise that kids would struggle. It is 1st v 8th, a true reflection of that.

Great game Hawthorn. Contrary to the rest of the sour North fans, you won today absolutely fair and square. I mean I feel stupid that I even have to write that...considering it was 52-6 at quarter time! But just saying, we aren't all neurotic/stupid.

Unlike u guys, the Hawks supporters sround me were good to talk to and have an understanding of footy.

Guessing then this fella wasn't around you then...;)

285540-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

How does Andrew Swallow remain on an AFL list, let alone captain a club? Absolute disgrace.

I hate umpire bashing and excuses.

Neutral supporters still want a team to win so they have a bias view. Most supporters when getting out played sook about every decision and non decision. For every umpire mistake there is 50 player mistakes - yet somehow the umpires have a bigger impact.

Hawks are an amazing well drilled side - they don't get favoured - they are just better and umpires are used as a poor excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha north going with the faux tuff boy attitude again and FAIL again

Shinboner spirit SO brave SO many injuries.

Yeah umpires forced noth to turn the ball over all day.....

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I think the game was summed up by when the fight was happening over on the wing, Breust had enough time to drop the ball, regather and kick truly. I think maybe Tarrant? and one other got back, but it was too late to stop a clinical finisher like Breust.

The other was highlighted by the broadcast - I think Swallow got stuck in traffic deep in defense and had to kick backwards. We had THREE guys stand within 15 meters of each other and not run, move at all. Nothing but standing close to the goalsquare and ball watch...and we had the ball. Can't remember if this resulted in a goal, but it was indicative of our effort for 70% of the match.

Nothing on the umps there. Just us being undisciplined.

Good game after 1/4 time though. Hill and Smith killed us. Thought Maj troubled them a lot so that bodes well for strong marking teams.

All that can be said is Go Swannies!!!

Now I feel dirty

Alright Hawk people, let me ask a question, last minute and 45 seconds , North get away up the ground to a place where Petrie marks and hits the post.
When you want to hold your score and when you cover your opponent from ten or twenty feet away, well I guess the question is, how do you defend if your giving your opposition 20 feet , I notice that in the game these days lots of easy marks near nobody. I would have thought we needed to build a bit of percentage , even though North put on a great show, 2nd and 3rd, we got past the 6 goal win margin, but Petrie nearly kicked a goal at the end.

Now before you rubbish me, I know they are tired but this is not about tiredness this is about a modern football tactic , that I never ever can understand, although during matches all clubs get this free run.
What I would have expected from the Hawks in the last min & 45 secs would be to stand your man , like it used to be, stand next to him .

If you see the opposition get the ball in YOUR forward line, and they are starting starting to bring it out of their defense towards you, IF YOUR UP THE GROUND WHAT EVER POSITION YOU PLAY IF OPPOSITION HAVE THE BALL.... YOU BECOME A DEFENDER!!!!!!!!!
Why don't players close check any more when an attack is going on.

NOT CHANGE THE TACTIC , BUT JUST SAY, IN THE DYING MINUTES , TO HOLD YOUR SCORE AND NOT ALLOW THE OTHER SIDE TO SCORE?

I'm thinking, what if "Petrie" gets the shot on goal and your a point up?

It is a strange thing in the game these days.

Not good enough. Fairly simple conclusion. Injuries hurt, but too many players making basic skill errors is the bigger issue.

Good to see some Dogs fans still sinking the boot in and enjoying North losses more than Dogs' wins (though that's understandable with the effort against Collingwood last night).

North will lose week one of finals and hopefully cull the older/fringe players to begin getting more games into the promising youth.

If daw gets dropped now I will give up for good. Once he starts reading the flight of the ball better he will be a monster, 5-6 contested marks inside 50, just leave him in ffs.

I agree he has to stay and get more and more game time. Because when he does read the flight and when he practices kicking to a better level, he will murder some sides by himself.

Back