Preview Hawthorn VS St Kilda part 2! The Morwell Emergency Services themed practice Match 4:30pm Friday the 28th of February @ Morwell recreational reserve

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just watched the highlights at hawthornfc.com. The CHAD has the most outrageous three-step acceleration that I've ever seen. It's effortless and so fast. He's able to shift into fifth gear straight from first. He will be so exciting this year.
And his kicks to advantage are always dangerous. If his hammy's hold up, who knows how far this midfield group can take us?

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Watching the highlights it is difficult not to be excited by CJ ‘s potential. Repeat Potential. He is enormously gifted athletically and if he keeps up his development it will be worth going to a game just to watch him.
I guess the coaches will make him more disciplined but I hope it doesn’t detract from the excitement he brings to the game. He doesn’t play like Cyril but both play with great flair.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Moves identically to Stephan Hill. Looks like a born winger, with more beef he’d be closer to Whitfield than Burgoyne imo.

Whitfield was the first comparison I thought of. Also has the Josh Kelly style of appearing to be lightening but not actually being the quickest out there. Basically as smooth as they come. The kicking with both feet thing is pretty special too.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just watched the highlights at hawthornfc.com. The CHAD has the most outrageous three-step acceleration that I've ever seen. It's effortless and so fast. He's able to shift into fifth gear straight from first. He will be so exciting this year.
I expect people will be very happy with what we get from chad this year if he stays fit.

I noticed a lot of jones and hanrahan in the video which is very encouraging. Jones was able to break the game open several times with a hardball get and give. Jom looks primed also. Looking forward to the season.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I expect people will be very happy with what we get from chad this year if he stays fit.

I noticed a lot of jones and hanrahan in the video which is very encouraging. Jones was able to break the game open several times with a hardball get and give. Jom looks primed also. Looking forward to the season.
Yeah I liked what I saw of JOM too BH. Will be a fun year I suspect

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Was exciting to see Jones and Hanrahan getting in there. Hoping they both give it a shake.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
wow the competition for spots is crazy it looked like all the fringe players put a case fwd in the highlights our bottom 6 will be so much stronger this yr.

Morrison will play rd 1, Cj will play rd 1 if Scrimshaw is not fit, Hanrahan will be touch and go round 1 he very creative up around the wings.

Greaves looks like a future player, Jones was impressive. Minchington looked good.

How good is seeing Jom don't argue come back in his game confident. Wingard is a Star

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kennedy left because he was fat and lazy. Being shown the door gave him the kick up the arse he needed
C'moooon that's just a flat out lie. He was initially offered a one year deal by us, then three years by the Swans and decent draft picks to us. We accepted.

We don't need to rewrite history to pretend that HFC got everything right. We undervalued an absolute gun because we were stocked with talent.. water under the bridge.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cousins wins plenty of the ball is a natural ball winner.
Can be a bit of an accumulator at VFL level, but even there he doesn't quite win his own ball often enough. It was quite consistent feedback from Chris Newman when he was at the helm. They wanted him to win contested ball and clearances, but especially at AFL level has struggled a bit like Howe. It's the main reason Worpel quickly leap-frogged both of them.

I hope that like Howe they will find a role for Cousins, I think he works really hard and has a lot to offer.

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watching the highlights it is difficult not to be excited by CJ ‘s potential. Repeat Potential. He is enormously gifted athletically and if he keeps up his development it will be worth going to a game just to watch him.
I guess the coaches will make him more disciplined but I hope it doesn’t detract from the excitement he brings to the game. He doesn’t play like Cyril but both play with great flair.

bookmark this comment.

Rocket72

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Can be a bit of an accumulator at VFL level, but even there he doesn't quite win his own ball often enough. It was quite consistent feedback from Chris Newman when he was at the helm. They wanted him to win contested ball and clearances, but especially at AFL level has struggled a bit like Howe. It's the main reason Worpel quickly leap-frogged both of them.

I hope that like Howe they will find a role for Cousins, I think he works really hard and has a lot to offer.

There's a lot to like about him. He has some traits that could be A-grade IMHO. From what I've seen his main knock is his kicking. He often torches the ball even when under little pressure. You can find multiple examples in every game he plays, but as one example this match Chad was leading to his left and his kick went way right. Chad did a great job to get a hand to it and force a throw in.

Rocket72

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

I'll declare that I'm biased because I have a connection to him. I thought that Jones took a step in this match. He went from a guy who showed promise and might be able to play a role to showing us that he could be a force. I only watched the highlights so didn't see his errors - what he did was very positive.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watched the highlights, some great passages of play, pretty excited about what CJ brings to the table and with Impey you’d think he’ll be a walk up for round 1.

Im not getting to hung up on the game, the saints were genuinely playing a VFL side out there, not to dissimilar to us although we had a sprinkling of more senior players.

It feels like we’re building nicely for round 1.

Back