Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
With the way this season’s going, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we get beaten by the bottom side last week but beat the top side this week.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
First time in a long time I actually feel confident against Hawthorn in Melbourne. Given the respective forms of the two teams, it would take some capitulation by the Eagles to let this one slip. I expect a win and would be pretty disappointed with a loss. I can't see them pulling the effort they did against the Hawks at the MCG last year. Hawks defence were pretty woeful against Brisbane so if our forwards are firing watch out.

We don't really fear anyone at Etihad. We recently beat Collingwood there, for instance, and the smaller size/fewer seats for Hawthorn members at Etihad will prove advantageous. Melbourne has a lot of West Coast supporters, many WA 'expats' if you will, and given how we're flying high (heheh) I can easily imagine a third of the stadium being West Coast.

But at the end of the day we just have to get the job done. Mentally we seem stronger, but Hawks will be desperate for a win. I'm tipping us by about 25-30, but I won't be hugely surprised if Hawthorn win either. For our season - and theirs too - it will be a big game. Win this and beat St Kilda at home we'll be sitting pretty on 10 and 1.

Actually sunshine I predicted you would belt Richmond. In the thread that I made.

The rest of your post is good though. Stop unravelling your own good work by failing to take criticism like a man. You're an apprentice, on your way to becoming an outstanding citizen but not yet a champion.

The Earth is slow. But the Ox is patient.

Stop grooming him.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
If West Coast win today, they'll win the flag. Or at least play in the grand final.

The omens are shaping up well. Last win against them away and in Melbourne was in 2006.........

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I had a dream the other night they beat Richmond in the big one. The problem was, Ben Cousins was playingo_O

Jafa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2002
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subi
Um - LOL.

25-HAW-v-WCE-AFL.jpg

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Always a concern facing Hawks, Clarkson seems to always be able to counter us. It's like a reverse Kennett curse

I think it'll be close.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Winning 9 straight is very difficult, to not have a day where everything just seems to go against you in that length of time is very unlikely. Bit like how Brisbane and Carlton couldn't keep losing forever.

I`m tipping Hawks but the Eagles won't lose any confidence from dropping their first game since March

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I've got a certain feel like when the Coasters played the dons in 06 at etihad. Up against it, trailing, but fought back and got the win. If the eagles win I think it will be in the same manner. But I'm going to stay with my initial thoughts and views and tip the Hawks.

As sterling Archer said. Should the eagles lose, big whoop. You drop games here and there. Won't be no shame in losing a 2nd game half way through the year.

Jack Darling, * what a revelation he's been. Hope he kicks 5 or 6 today.

the Gaffer should have a field day. I really like this West Coast team. Their style is amazing and by far the best to watch this season. If it weren't for them, footy would be pretty s**t to watch as a spectacle. They've almost single handedly saved football from a viewing point.

Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Maybe its because of our recent results against them in Melbourne, but Im not as confident on this game. The hawks always seem to bring their best against the better teams. I imagine Clarko is really good at getting them up for those sort of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Beaten them in Melbourne consistently of late and beaten them in grand finals. Even after their woeful start last year the hawks knocked off the west coast. The grand final rematch in 2016, wins in Melbourne 2011, 12, 13, not sure about 2014. Whatever it is the Hawks certainly have the wood over West Coast in big games, and in matches outside of Perth. With the game at Etihad next weekend coming Hawthorn will back themselves to get back on track after a bad loss today and a close one to the swans the week before.

Hawks or West Coast for the win? I think Hawthorn can play the script of 2018 in producing a stunning upset putting the eagles momentum to a halt. West Coast were on a 8 game winning streak in 2005 then had an abrupt end at the hands of the pies.

edit - west coast's last win against the hawks in melbourne was in 2006. The year they won the flag. Maybe an omen should they get up!
Well it was indeed an omen and after West Coast got them last year, the first in Melbourne since 2006 when they won the flag, the Eagles did go on to recapture the Holy Grail.

That game was at Etihad ( Marvel ) and they still haven't beaten the Hawks at the G since 2006. They might be without the suspended McGovern but will appeal that and so they should as it was a travesty. Even though the Hawks aren't travelling well they've posed a threat to the Eagles in Melbourne, and before seasons end will scalp one or two big sides. Could this be one of them? I believe if West Coast can break the MCG curse against a thorn in their side over the years ( particularly recent history ) then the West Coast will once again find themselves in the big dance come seasons end.

Big game for the Eagles. They face Freo next week and the Pies the week after. We're going to find out exactly where the Eagles lie in Premiership Aspirations in the next month or so.

Sydney is our bogey side
Not Hawthorn

And the Pies are our Vic bogey team
I posted this over a year ago and stand by the first part
My second sentence now looks pretty silly , even if it was true at the time!

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Yeah this is a garbage thread.

If you don't know that the Eagles chief bogey sides have been Essendon, Sydney and Port, then you probably should refrain from creating so many threads about them. Hawthorn have got the better of us in 2 GFs, and also been a great side for long periods during our existence, but they are otherwise irrelevant in terms of rivalry or omen.

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast should win by 18 goals against an old, slow, overrated, uninterested Hawthorn side.
Wouldn’t be so sure if that we have made a meal of Carlton the last couple years similar score line to last year imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back