Club Focus Hawthorn 2020 - Hartigan, Phillips, Grainger-Barras, Mitchell, Downie, Brockman

AFL Club Focus

What does Hawthorn most need this off-season?

• A key forward

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • A key defender

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • An inside mid

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • An outside mid

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Day - Anderson - Serong
Disposals:
15.3 - 15.4 - 16.3
Efficiency:
73% - 63% - 67%
Score Involvements:
2.4 - 3.2 - 2.1
Intercept possessions:
4.7 - 2.5 - 2.0
Metres gained:
275m - 251m - 263m

simply mind blowing Day yet to get a NAB Nom ...

Day - Anderson - Serong
Disposals:
15.3 - 15.4 - 16.3
Efficiency:
73% - 63% - 67%
Score Involvements:
2.4 - 3.2 - 2.1
Intercept possessions:
4.7 - 2.5 - 2.0
Metres gained:
275m - 251m - 263m

simple mind blowing Day yet to get a NAB Nom ...
Average doesn't matter, nominations are based on 1 dominant performance.

Serong beat Dangerfield 1 on 1.

What is your point actually? You highlighted 5 games out of a possible 14, and ignored the 9 really good games that proved exactly my point.

Even within the 5 you highlighted, 4 were exceptional games for rookies, especially given our low scoring environment.

Judging on the nominations so far, apart from Starcevich, each one of these games have been of much higher standard than any game Day has played all season.

What is your point actually? You highlighted 5 games out of a possible 14, and ignored the 9 really good games that proved exactly my point.

Even within the 5 you highlighted, 4 were exceptional games for rookies, especially given our low scoring environment.

Judging on the nominations so far, apart from Starcevich, each one of these games have been of much higher standard than any game Day has played all season.
day should get this weeks one. if not then greaves. I don't understand how luke Jackson got a nom.

Last edited:
Who cares. Anyone with half an eye for footy can see Day has a huge amount of talent and hardness. Looks a super prospect and has certainly gone a way to prove some draft observers wrong from 12 months ago

Don’t stress he’s almost a shoe in this week. They do this every year where a consistent performer gets pushed back cause they have to give it to other flash in the pan players first, so they actually have enough nominees for the year without having to nominate someone for a s**t game. Pretty sure it happened with Callum mills where he Didn’t get nominated till late but actually won the award.

Anyway any opposition supporters got interesting trade scenarios for the hawks? I’d imagine we’d be open to almost anything this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd imagine the pies would be interested in the Gunston/Breust pair
Any club in the top 8 would be interested in those 2. I don't think we would be pushing them out though unless we get a very good deal

It will be interesting what we try and do with Norths 2nd round pick. It would be around where our academy pick Downie could go so we might try and use it in a trade

Any club in the top 8 would be interested in those 2. I don't think we would be pushing them out though unless we get a very good deal

It will be interesting what we try and do with Norths 2nd round pick. It would be around where our academy pick Downie could go so we might try and use it in a trade
What would you consider as "very good deal". You won't get anything in the 1st round for Breust. Gunston may appeal, but if given the choice, why would you pay a high price for him when a younger Ben Brown would be available at an affordable price?

What would you consider as "very good deal". You won't get anything in the 1st round for Breust. Gunston may appeal, but if given the choice, why would you pay a high price for him when a younger Ben Brown would be available at an affordable price?
1st round picks minimum in this compromised draft. Gunston is way more versatile than Brown and is having a very good year in a bad team that butchers the ball going inside 50. Would rather keep them those, will still need experience in the team

1st round picks minimum in this compromised draft. Gunston is way more versatile than Brown and is having a very good year in a bad team that butchers the ball going inside 50. Would rather keep them those, will still need experience in the team
Gunston is a star. we deserve a second rounder for Breust and for Gunston a very early second or a late first.

Should Hawks have taken GWS offer on Breust?

Hate to be Captian Hignsigt,but the 'top-up' Vickery, Mitchell, Patton, O'Meara, Scully etc may have set them back 10 years.

Hate to be Captian Hignsigt,but the 'top-up' Vickery, Mitchell, Patton, O'Meara, Scully etc may have set them back 10 years.

Mitchell was worth it and he’s having a better career at Hawthorn than he did at Sydney.

Scully and Patton were traded in for third round picks. Vickery was a free agent so didn’t cost Hawthorn any assets.

Not sure how missing out on two draft classes can set a club back for 10 years. It may, but it may end up with four flags in the same amount of time.

Mitch Thorp and Ellis (bit harsh on him but injuries robbed him)/Beau Dowler in successive years.

Mitchell was worth it and he’s having a better career at Hawthorn than he did at Sydney.

Scully and Patton were traded in for third round picks. Vickery was a free agent so didn’t cost Hawthorn any assets.
Mitchell is a great player - no doubt. Was O'Meara worth it?

Hawks could have kept Hill or gone to the draft with picks 10, 14, 17, 38 and 56.

The draft would have been enticing. History will be unkind to Hawks here.

Not sure how missing out on two draft classes can set a club back for 10 years. It may, but it may end up with four flags in the same amount of time.

Mitch Thorp and Ellis (bit harsh on him but injuries robbed him)/Beau Dowler in successive years.
Yeah, me too. But here we are.

2019 - 9th
2020 - 16th

You 'aint winning JS for ages.

hahaaa went a bit early there champ?

Oh dear.
huh? Gone too early with what?

I’m still happy with bringing in Day, Maginness, Frost, Patton, having Mitchell return and having extra picks this year.

Our s**t year onfield hasn’t changed that.

Back