Preview Round 14: Hawthorne vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 20/06/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Whomst dost thou thinketh will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Ceglar playing well on Friday night and McEvoy just about playing anywhere he wants these days, we simply must keep Phillips in and have Draper with him. No more part-time bloody rucks. Two full-timers in the ruck is an absolute must. Besides, with Melbourne having 2 as well, it would be good to see how having 2 full-time rucks works for us. It's called common sense.

With Ceglar playing well on Friday night and McEvoy just about playing anywhere he wants these days, we simply must keep Phillips in and have Draper with him. No more part-time bloody rucks. Two full-timers in the ruck is an absolute must. Besides, with Melbourne having 2 as well, it would be good to see how having 2 full-time rucks works for us. It's called common sense.
Wright and Draper is OK. We shouldn't be using Langford.

Wrighght is a genuine forward/ruck. He's not a part timer and never has been.

Dropping Phillips for Draper is common sense.

If this game is pushed to Tassie, then we'd have played 7 interstate games and only 6 in Melbourne in 14 rounds. With Geelong at KP and Gold Coast at Metricon to come, it means we're playing 9 away/interstate games, which is only one less than teams like West Coast and Port.

Also, that would make it only 4 MCG games for the year, well down on the usual 7-9 we receive. Maybe the AFL will think twice when we request an extra MCG home game.

To all our fans wanting this game moved to Launceston…

Don’t bother putting your analytical crap on the ‘autopsy’ thread this time next week because if we have to play at that bush league oval = we WILL lose.

If I was Hawthorn of course I’d be pushing for the game to be played there. They’ve played there something like 3-4 times a year for the best part of 15 years. They know the venue intimately.

So don’t go sooking next week when we are 5-8, season virtually over after our second loss this year to the team sitting 17th on the ladder. We could lose to them again at ANY ground, yes, but what would be a contest slightly in our favour at other venues would be switched into a 30/70 (or less) dogfight in Launceston.

As somebody wisely pointed out earlier in the thread, we’ve played 6 of our 12 games “on the road” so far this year. Our innovation and adaption led to the saving of the Dreamtime concept for this year that allowed 55k to show up and make it a memorable game (despite the result). We’ve done our bit for the moment. Keep this game in Victoria.

Don’t bother putting your analytical crap on the ‘autopsy’ thread this time next week because if we have to play at that bush league oval = we WILL lose.

If I was Hawthorn of course I’d be pushing for the game to be played there. They’ve played there something like 3-4 times a year for the best part of 15 years. They know the venue intimately.

So don’t go sooking next week when we are 5-8, season virtually over after our second loss this year to the team sitting 17th on the ladder. We could lose to them again at ANY ground, yes, but what would be a contest slightly in our favour at other venues would be switched into a 30/70 (or less) dogfight in Launceston.

As somebody wisely pointed out earlier in the thread, we’ve played 6 of our 12 games “on the road” so far this year. Our innovation and adaption led to the saving of the Dreamtime concept for this year that allowed 55k to show up and make it a memorable game (despite the result). We’ve done our bit for the moment. Keep this game in Victoria.
Yeah I agree. We need the game to be in Melbourne. Tassie gives Hawthorn and North a big advantage.
Look at North vs GWS yesterday. GWS easily win that if it was played in Melbourne.

Yeah I agree. We need the game to be in Melbourne. Tassie gives Hawthorn and North a big advantage.
Look at North vs GWS yesterday. GWS easily win that if it was played in Melbourne.
GWS are 2 from 4 (5 now) in Hobart. 1 of those losses being their second ever game. They've beaten North more in Hobart than any other venue, hilariously North are their bogey team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of us live in Tassie and want to the Dons play here in our lifetime lel

So you've been and had a look at the "bush league oval" yeah? It's easily as good as Gellongs home. It's a development year we ain't winning no cups. Beating Eagles in Wa instilled belief just as beating Hawks in Tassie would. Are you also hoping Hawks feild an understrength team too? I have no problem with this year being challenging.

So you've been and had a look at the "bush league oval" yeah? It's easily as good as Gellongs home. It's a development year we ain't winning no cups. Beating Eagles in Wa instilled belief just as beating Hawks in Tassie would. Are you also hoping Hawks feild an understrength team too? I have no problem with this year being challenging.

Agreed. It was harsh of me to initially call it a “bush league oval” - it’s a great venue, excellent surface and well and truly up to AFL standards. No offence intended.

I would be more than happy to fly down in a couple of weeks (if VIC crowd restrictions continue) and play the likes of Melbourne, GWS, Adelaide etc at the ground. No dramas AT all. Just not Hawthorn!

Agreed. It was harsh of me to initially call it a “bush league oval” - it’s a great venue, excellent surface and well and truly up to AFL standards. No offence intended.

I would be more than happy to fly down in a couple of weeks (if VIC crowd restrictions continue) and play the likes of Melbourne, GWS, Adelaide etc at the ground. No dramas AT all. Just not Hawthorn!
I personally would also love seeing their bogan supporters after a loss to the dons as they hate us so so much. I seriously wonder about this state sometimes as it's people are very accurately reflected by the norf and hawks inbred types wandering around the streets.

Also it's the wind that makes Launcestons ground tricky, Not as bad as Bellerive but still tricky. It's actually very mild here now and next weekend predicted the same, no wind. Dons by 6 goals

I don't care who it is. Focus should be to rock up and play our system as well as possible against who ever, where ever, when ever.
Agreed. I like how this season the energy amongst the group seems positive, no matter the venue or opposition. They seem tight nit and are taking the travel and challenges in their stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back