Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Because it's trade period and after the news of the Impey trade I thought it would be a good time to look back at some of Hawthorns greatest trades in which some have shaped the Hawthorn we know & love. So I thought I'd bring up this Hawthorn.com article about our top 10 trades in hawk history

http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2017-10-05/top-10-trades-in-hawk-history-

Let's have a look at our Wonders at the trade table. Which trades were unlucky to miss out etc.

This thread is intended to be a lighthearted one and any dampening of this spirit will be looked down upon.

So let's get in and marvel at the works of Hawthorn come trade week

Hodge & Sammy one obviously best.

Gibbo one is one I rate highly.

Pick 25(Aaron Black) & 41(Ayden Kennedy) for Josh Gibson & 69(Taylor Duryea)

All about this bloke...

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great thing is that there are so many you could legitimately choose. Gunston trade, Burger trade, Gibson trade, Lake trade, Burton (pick) trade, but it has to be the Hodge and Mitchell trade.

It's always good to remember a lot of these trades weren't received with a thrill. Croad and McPharlin were two good key position spots filled by a number 1 pick and two second rounders when we'd just been in a prelim. The pitchforks were out.

North were so chuffed that they got one over us with the Anderson trade, for extra spice we moved up and got Hardwick with those two crappy picks.

It's always good to remember a lot of these trades weren't received with a thrill. Croad and McPharlin were two good key position spots filled by a number 1 pick and two second rounders when we'd just been in a prelim. The pitchforks were out.

North were so chuffed that they got one over us with the Anderson trade, for extra spice we moved up and got Hardwick with those two crappy picks.
Pitchforks?
When crowd was traded hawks fans protested on the streets of hawthorn

Croad to hodge and Mitch is the best by far.

For me it's then Anderson to first rounder and then Burton. Ando was so overrated by everyone and it worked! Hahaha watching him play for North makes me laugh.

Hodge and Mitch of course, but I love the great Burger, he has become one of my favourite Hawks of all time, so he's a close second for me.

The Lake trade yielded 3 immediate premierships.

The arrival of no single player has ever made such a difference to the team.

What we got from the Croad and McPharlin trade was a foundation to build on, and two all time greats.

But Lake was the single greatest acquisition of our Golden era between 2013-15, and the difference between winning the flags and not imo.

Back