Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
2020 - 15th (20 points from 5 wins)

2021 - 14th (32 points from 8 wins)

2022 - 13th (32 points from 8 wins)

2023 - 16th (28 points from 7 wins with 2 matches to spare)

A lot was made of the Hawks going into season 2023 as the youngest list in the competition and whether the decision to cull so many experienced heads from the list would set us too far back in our rebuild.

Win one more game and we are on the exact same level of wins we have had the past two seasons with a wealth of top level match experience put into our youth.

Mark season 2023 as the turning point that catapults us for future years with our rebuild.

Great drafting by the club and faith put into our youth. Sam and MM are steering us in a great direction.

Gosh, this just reminds me how dire we were in 2020.

• s**t list, third oldest list too
  • Terrible gameplan if you could even call it a plan
  • Stubborn and outdated Clarko
Was only a 17 game compromised season.
Reckon in a proper season we would've been pushing the 8 and been in a worse position now as we'd still be topping up.
Covid saved our 2020s

Was only a 17 game compromised season.
Reckon in a proper season we would've been pushing the 8 and been in a worse position now as we'd still be topping up.
Covid saved our 2020s
I respectfully disagree. Thinking back to that year makes me shudder. To be fair we did have oodles of young talent on our list, I didn't expect them to turn out so well however.

I respectfully disagree. Thinking back to that year makes me shudder. To be fair we did have oodles of young talent on our list, I didn't expect them to turn out so well however.

We had a team set up for a marathon.
The shorter games never really let our players ease into games and grind out wins.

Then you had the hub fiasco onto of it

2020 - 15th (20 points from 5 wins)

2021 - 14th (32 points from 8 wins)

2022 - 13th (32 points from 8 wins)

2023 - 16th (28 points from 7 wins with 2 matches to spare)

A lot was made of the Hawks going into season 2023 as the youngest list in the competition and whether the decision to cull so many experienced heads from the list would set us too far back in our rebuild.

Win one more game and we are on the exact same level of wins we have had the past two seasons with a wealth of top level match experience put into our youth.

Mark season 2023 as the turning point that catapults us for future years with our rebuild.

Great drafting by the club and faith put into our youth. Sam and MM are steering us in a great direction.

2008 list was similar age, but almost double the experience

I've done the ladder predictor a few times and I'm confident we'll finish 16th this year.
We can still mathematically finish as high as 15th 😉

All it will take is for hawthorn to have 50 point wins over dees and freeo and freo to have 50 point losses to port and us. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of us knew this year was going to be tough. Seeing the young brigade take charge this year has been exciting to watch. Seeing improvements from Worps and Nash has been delightful. Next year should be even better as we continue to improve, something we really couldn’t say in 2020-2022.

We can still mathematically finish as high as 15th 😉

All it will take is for hawthorn to have 50 point wins over dees and freeo and freo to have 50 point losses to port and us. 😉
You ruling out North smashing GC to give us a chance of 14th?

Would be such a GC thing to do in a last round

If we win the last 2 games and finish 15th with one more win than last year, will we be accused of a form of tanking, which as I understand it means not giving yourself the best chance to win games next year. If we slide 1 draft pick and miss out on the top 5 surely we will struggle in 2024, hence a form of tanking.
Fox Pivot GIF by Proven Innocent

It's a form of ladder position.

Interestingly, in games that both Sicily and Lewis have played, we are 6-5.

Extrapolate that to the season and we are 7th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back