Remove this Banner Ad

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Sorry to start a thread on your board... I just heard on Footy Classified that Hayden Ballantyne may have a broken jaw?!

Does anyone have any news on this?

Did it happen in the last qtr against Port with the collision between him and Impey, or has something else occurred post match??

Will this negatively affect your dreamcoach/superwatsit thingy??

And, just how long did you research on our board before asking?

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't broken or fractured after that impact to shoulder in an attempted tackle ( on impey ? ) , you could see it took the full brunt of the impact just like Eddie betts one last year.
$hithouse luck for us again.... Ugggh

He couldn't break my grannies jaw. Mind you, she was a tough old bird.
Was that the one who tightened the wheel nuts on her Mack with her teeth, or the other one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it doesnt affect my dreamteam and I didnt research your board any further than the thread titles where none had any injury updates in them... the only reason I am interested is because he was injured against Port and probably wouldnt have seen him being bumped at all otherwise as I generally dont watch many Freo games!!!

Sorry for asking the question - I was actually genuinely interested and couldnt find any information through the AFL website.

So we now have our only two small fowards out injured and Crozier will probably keep his spot simply because we don't have anyone else who can play that role. F**k me the footy gods really hate us this year and that's saying something given our injury run the last few years.

Toothbrush,comb...sheesht SOFTORWAT.

You wouldn't say that to her face matey!! Well you couldn't now anyway. She used to frighten the crappola outta me.

No it doesnt affect my dreamteam and I didnt research your board any further than the thread titles where none had any injury updates in them... the only reason I am interested is because he was injured against Port and probably wouldnt have seen him being bumped at all otherwise as I generally dont watch many Freo games!!!

Sorry for asking the question - I was actually genuinely interested and couldnt find any information through the AFL website.

Reported on Channel 7 news as MAY have a busted jaw, but as of yet unconfirmed from any official source.

If this turns out to be true... go f*ck yourselves footy gods. Trolls.

If it doesn't, then my deepest apologies o mighty ones. It was a case of autocorrect induced miscommunication.

I thought I would tune in for a look and yep, Michael Thompson says it's almost certain that Ballaz has a broken jaw and is set to miss up to 6 weeks with it.

Nothing has been confirmed by the club as yet though.

So we now have our only two small fowards out injured and Crozier will probably keep his spot simply because we don't have anyone else who can play that role. F**k me the footy gods really hate us this year and that's saying something given our injury run the last few years.

Problem is Crozier can't play that role either.
Has never been and will never be a small forward, hes a high half forward/wing type. I'd actually like to see him run off half back a bit.

Problem is Crozier can't play that role either.
Has never been and will never be a small forward, hes a high half forward/wing type. I'd actually like to see him run off half back a bit.

So who do we have, Neale can play that role a bit but is not a natural small forward.

Duffy, Ballas and Walters are all 4+ weeks away from AFL assuming Ballas jaw is broken.

If Sylvia had played with 1/2 a heart he would come in, but he simply can't. Lets hope he has two good games and is an option after the Bye.

D Pearce and Sheridan are other options, but none are natural small forwards. Perhaps we just need to play with more mid's and rotate them all through the forward line. I get the feeling players like D Pearce, Morabito, Neale, Crozier, Sheridan if rotated through the forward line for 5 minutes patches would be useful.

I almost forgot Barlow, he is very handy on the half forward line and I expect him to spend at least 50% of his game in the forward line.

As mentioned by me a million times in other threads. I am surprised there is no info anywhere on this including ballas twitter. He normally puts updates on there. I'm sure he has a sore jaw but I think the media are jumping to conclusions too quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back