List Mgmt. Hayden Ballantyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankfully the club held it's ground and didn't give him the two year extension he was seeking at end of 2016 after this year. His manager shopped him around and when push come to shove the egirls went elsewhere. With Walters out for most likely rest of year, Balic gone home to mum and Langdon inj
he will survive till end of year in the AFL side. I want to see him much closer to goal.

Besides a marking forward we desperately need our version of Eddie thru the Draft- eg. Liam Ryan from Subi must be a rookie chance on our list if not on main list.

I'm all for having a bit of experienced mixed in while rebuilding, but only if they're contributing enough. At the moment he's a liability on the wrong side of 30. Was great for us up until 2014 but has fallen off a cliff since.

Ballas looks mentally detached from the team, Spur looks the same.........maybe the olde guard have a touch of F**k it about them ?

The bloke has won me some cash over the years (leading goal kicker for a game..) and I'll be forever grateful for him paying for a melb. It's trip

But it's time to pull the pin ballas, the games gone pat him and the club needs to move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ballas looks mentally detached from the team, Spur looks the same.........maybe the olde guard have a touch of F**k it about them ?
Yeah I agree with this a little. I am not sure if it is effort or ability but both Ballas and Spurr especially are struggling.

I imagine it is hard to motivate when you know you are no chance to touch the cup before you hang up the boots. Would have thought that the older blokes would be professional enough to give all they have to the end. So maybe they just don't have it anymore? Either way they need to lift some.

Hawks had the same problem early in the year when they realised the dynasty was over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Freo don't have plans for him beyond this year, Let him play every game until his 150th vs the tigers at subi in round 22.

I am alone on this, we should give him one more year as a depth player. There are a few guys that will go before him.

Agree,

Once players reach 30, one year deals are the norm. I don't understand why Hayden's management think he's any different.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Freo don't have plans for him beyond this year, Let him play every game until his 150th vs the tigers at subi in round 22.

I am alone on this, we should give him one more year as a depth player. There are a few guys that will go before him.
Again how many depth player you want in a rebuild ? Who will go before him , Dawson retire.

The players you want them to be depth player so far.
1) ballas
2) Griffin
3) Collins
4) not sure about Zach Clarke
5) maybe tab also
6) mj to mentor the defence ( not depth )

Under contract
1) spurr
2) sutty
3) d.pearce

Agree,

Once players reach 30, one year deals are the norm. I don't understand why Hayden's management think he's any different.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd be ok with this if it wasn't for
- RTB's historic keeness on picking Ballas over others
- the murmurings of Ballas being one of the few not keen on Fyfe
- the sounding out of WCE as a destination

It's not a lot but it's enough to say thank you and goodbye to the little fella for mine.

He would be better if our forwards held their position a bit more. He is useless up the ground.
Doesn't matter who we have available no one will kick a bag of goals with no structure and that
game plan.
Our forwards are too far up the ground, and leaving Hayden to contend with several hawk players as
the lone forward?
We need a best available forward coach to fix that dogs breakfast before slamming players, but would
Ross relinquish control?

Yes for sure , No

Last edited:
The slipping over and fumbling is just frustrating to watch. Was a great player for a bit but has let the team down in key moments. I would be very surprised if he played on with us next year.

He also looks like he doesn't give a *. So yeah, cya later Ballas.

He always takes him boots off at the final siren. Has done so for years. So I'm convinced he has some of foot issue which means he doesn't/can't wear proper boots.

*ing annoying because I can't think of another player (Brett Peake included) who falls over as much as him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back