Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2021 - O'Brien, Darcy, Jones, Cleary

AFL Club Focus
Western Bulldogs club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the current draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Last edited by a moderator:

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Would Crozier up for grabs this off-season with Dale's breakout?

Not exactly a pressing need for the Dees to add a more offensive minded defender, yet I'm sure you could move Salem up the ground; has been amazing down back this year but that level of composure is worth its weight in gold up the ground too.

And obviously Crozier is a ******* gun

Last edited:

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Haven't watched much Dogs this year(clearly) so its good to know Dale, Daniel and Crozier should be able to fit in one side.

But sometimes this can happen; I mean Webster was gettable last year from the Saints and it seems with any sort of injury luck he'll cement himself as best 18 for the Saints this year again

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dales taken JJs spot not Croziers
What role has JJ been playing this year? More on the wing? I assume he's out for Crozier when Crozier fit again

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
What role has JJ been playing this year? More on the wing? I assume he's out for Crozier when Crozier fit again
Crozier has played the last 3 games

You're having an absolute mare in here friend

Crozier is also Easton Woods successor as our medium interceptor, there's no way we part with him in the foreseeable future

Daniel, Williams, Dale and Duryea are our small/rebounding types with Daniel, Dale and Williams as the main distributors. Crozier and Wood are the intercept mediums, though Wood or Williams takes the 3rd tall regularly with Keath + 1 other tall taking the talls, though Williams is currently out injured

Bevo loves stacking 8 defenders some games

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

Crozier is also Easton Woods successor as our medium interceptor, there's no way we part with him in the foreseeable future

Daniel, Williams, Dale and Duryea are our small/rebounding types. Crozier and Wood are the intercept mediums, though Wood or Williams takes the 3rd tall regularly with Keath + 1 other tall taking the talls, though Williams is currently out injured

Never admitted I've watched the Dogs but for all the observers a good example of the old adage "don't talk about something you've paid zero attention to this year." My bad everyone

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams

Daniel, Williams, Dale and Duryea are our small/rebounding types. Crozier and Wood are the intercept mediums, though Wood or Williams takes the 3rd tall regularly with Keath + 1 other tall taking the talls, though Williams is currently out injured

Yeah I would've thought he's too good to ever be on the table but Webster was on the trade table for the Saints last year; Crozier is better but Webster's played some serious, serious footy in the past and I was wondering given that backline overload(you haven't even mentioned JJ) if there was a possibility one would be forced out.

Why does Bevo stack 8 defenders? Do any of those guys play other positions or are there always 2 riding the bench? Makes sense to have a lot of 185cm+ bodies who can rotate through the backline fs but 8 pure defenders does seem a bit extreme

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Yeah I would've thought he's too good to ever be on the table but Webster was on the trade table for the Saints last year; Crozier is better but Webster's played some serious, serious footy in the past and I was wondering given that backline overload(you haven't even mentioned JJ) if there was a possibility one would be forced out.

Why does Bevo stack 8 defenders? Do any of those guys play other positions or are there always 2 riding the bench? Makes sense to have a lot of 185cm+ bodies who can rotate through the backline fs but 8 pure defenders does seem a bit extreme
Webster is a rebounder

He is also made of glass, something Crozier isn't

Apples and oranges with Crozier aside from they're both left footers, Crozier is your medium marking interceptor, he is a left footed poor mans Tom Stewart in playing style

Daniel can play as a high half back/wing, Dale can play anywhere back or forward, Bevo throws them around when needed, used to do the same with Suckling

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
So Bulldogs look to have around a 700-1000 point deficit. They can obviously trade 2022 picks and they should get something for Lipinski, but my understanding is that they also have a decent 2022 father-son.

Any ideas on the plan? How many list spots do you think you'll have?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
So Bulldogs look to have around a 700-1000 point deficit. They can obviously trade 2022 picks and they should get something for Lipinski, but my understanding is that they also have a decent 2022 father-son.

Any ideas on the plan? How many list spots do you think you'll have?
Richmond have a pretty stacked draft hand points wise, and that should only increase with the possibility of a compo pick for Chol and possibly something for CCJ.

I would hope we can bundle a few together to give Dogs an increase in points in return for their first rounder.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can’t see them getting more than a 4th for lipinski. Maybe a bit higher if they package late picks with it but Collingwood need points too.

Dogs will trade pick 17 back and gain more points, but that would be somewhere between 300-500 more points at a rough guess.

reckon from there in theory if they did that + 4th for lipinski + trade a future 4th rounder into a pick this year they get close enough…

Jakooli

Rookie
Sep 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m no boffin on draft points but I imagine you’ll have to use 17 (or18 🙏) and possibly next years 2nd rounder. There should be mass picks swaps prior to this draft with such a unknown bunch of Victorian kids and 2 top level father son’s

Back