List Mgmt. Hayden Crozier [Traded to WB]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully he can keep up this sort of form. Really happy he played forward last night. I think he belongs there and not in the backline. He's one of the best kicks in the team and has that textbook knee-to-nose style when kicking for long shots at goal.

I reckon he's a potential goal and mark of the year this season. Would be a contender for goal of the year from that snap in the pocket and would have been a contender for mark of the year had Walters not spoiled him in the last qtr.

He looked so confident when he grabbed the ball on the boundary for that goal, his thought process must have been "I'm going to kick an amazing goal now, cool".
That was the best goal I've seen since Jeff Farmer kicked a freak goal from the boundary in the London derby in 2005, then got in the stands and applauded it.

Almost looks like a small plug and play utility. Can be used off the half back-line, as a small forward or even on a wing. Has great skills and decision making, and a very accurate set shot. I think a run of 10-15 games in a row without risk of being dropped to Peel after a bad game do his confidence the world of good.

With how good his hands are in close, does anyone think he could be a bit of impact player in the middle eventually? Not full-time, more like 5 minute bursts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understood the criticism he is inconsistent.

In previous years he was forced to play very defensive and out of his preferred positions. The guy will never be the type to have 20 + disposals every game, but he is an massive upgrade on the someone like Suban. He will have quality disposals and score goals when the opportunity presents.

Development wise he is about 1-2 season behind and will need to play every game this year regardless of form.
As long as Ballaz and Son Son are preferred as the 2 small forwards, he plays an unnatural role. While Balla is out, tipping him to shine. Hope he can play a role with Balla and Son Son on the field.

Walters seems to be playing deeper, as a more traditional crumber/small fwd. Crozier slightly higher up the ground as the HFF. Grey covered an awful lot of ground but seemed to be off the HFF aswell as the pressure fwd. (After watching the replay a few times Grey's workrate was very impressive).

A sample size of 1 game obviously isn't enough but the setup looked good. Ballas is 30yrs old this year, wasn't in the best of form and won't be part of our next window. I would just hope that Ballas isn't an automatic selection when fit. At the very least a few good games at Peel before getting back in.

Walters seems to be playing deeper, as a more traditional crumber/small fwd. Crozier slightly higher up the ground as the HFF. Grey covered an awful lot of ground but seemed to be off the HFF aswell as the pressure fwd. (After watching the replay a few times Grey's workrate was very impressive).

A sample size of 1 game obviously isn't enough but the setup looked good. Ballas is 30yrs old this year, wasn't in the best of form and won't be part of our next window. I would just hope that Ballas isn't an automatic selection when fit. At the very least a few good games at Peel before getting back in.

Walters was in the centre bounce downs at some stages playing as a mid swapping with Neale,Mundy.

Walters was in the centre bounce downs at some stages playing as a mid swapping with Neale,Mundy.
Yeah he was, you're right. I would say though that he's spent less time in the midfield so far this year than last. His heat map for the game shows he spent most of the game deep forward.

Screenshot_20170414-083954.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back