List Mgmt. Hayden Crozier [Traded to WB]

Remove this Banner Ad

Been out and about and was just thinking - watch the Bulldogs play him as a free running wingman, with his number one instruction being 'attack', and he'll flourish and become the 25 possession/game, 20 goal/year midfielder that he was never given the opportunity to be here. That will make me sad.

But happy for him. That would be his more natural game. Good luck at the Bullies.
he would have had the opportunity....If Ross had just listened to me ;)!!!

If the Croz pick becomes Matera .....can't see how you wouldn't be very happy with that outcome.

More concerned about how we get Wilson across the line to be honest.

Was talking about Wilson :p I'm excited about him too - but I do wonder how much of it is a 'shiny new toy / grass is greener' thing when we bring in existing players. McCarthy was the next coming of christ initially, and everyone had high hopes for Kersten too.

I still have high hopes for those guys in the next couple of years

Fine with getting him on the list but is Matera really all that crash hot? Also injured half the time.

More likely to make an impact than Croz in my humble but vastly superior to most opinion.

Apart from him kicking 3 times more goals per game than Croz I can't see what else he could bring to our forward line...?

Wait... :drunk:

Still expect him to become a scapegoat if he isn't kicking two a game for us from Round 1 though.

In hindsight we should have traded him earlier when he was likely worth more than this 40 deal. His 2017 was certainly no better than his previous output.

Fine with getting him on the list but is Matera really all that crash hot? Also injured half the time.
He has played 75 out of a possible 88 games in the last 4 seasons. (85%)
He was dropped to the NEAFL on a few occasions but was still fit to play. He was also suspended for one of those missing games so could have played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he was gonna some of you drongos new amazing half back.

hqdefault.jpg

Feel like this is a bad choice. Still young, has a great left foot kick. And when played in a proper forward line, can bd dangerous. We kept Ballantyne and Gray. Not really excited at that.
Is Matera THAT much better? Time will tell

I don't think we had a lot of choice in the matter.

I will miss my Buddy :(

Why blame Lyon for Crozier not being able to nail down a position. He was given the opportunity in a variety of roles .

And excelled at one of those roles then never got to play there again because we preferred Spurr and Sutcliffe.

Crozier 100% left the club because of lack of opportunities under Lyon.

Crozier was pretty ordinary in my opinion.

Was supposed to be a skilful player but continually turned the ball over.

Seemed to go missing in games and it used to really irritate me to see him looking for the screamer when it was completely unrealistic.

I think pick 40 for him was a steal, personally I wouldn't have wasted a pick on him.

Yeah mostly a tease for mine, happy with pick 40. Should make a serviceable half back for the Dogs but I MUCH prefer the possibilities Wilson & Ryan offer. Croziers kicking was over-rated here, too loopy and he went from being a good set shot to having the complete yips under any sort of pressure.
Has some good tools though and could play some good footy in the next few years but we needed currency and he was one of the few players we would have been willing to part with that gave it to us.

And excelled at one of those roles then never got to play there again because we preferred Spurr and Sutcliffe.

Man that's crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mostly a tease for mine, happy with pick 40. Should make a serviceable half back for the Dogs but I MUCH prefer the possibilities Wilson & Ryan offer. Croziers kicking was over-rated here, too loopy and he went from being a good set shot to having the complete yips under any sort of pressure.
Has some good tools though and could play some good footy in the next few years but we needed currency and he was one of the few players we would have been willing to part with that gave it to us.

That's about where it sits. If he got caught holding the ball more often he'd be a high jumping Nic Suban.

Occasional glimpses surrounded by lashings of beige

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldust on lack of opportunities. Was tried in all positions except ruck and KP and nailed none of them. Was tried at hb in a season that netted us 4 wins and the opposition walzted through the defence. Lyon cant make average players any more than average. He went missing in most games a trait that he bought with him from underage a fault that had nothing to do with Lyon.

Bulldust on lack of opportunities. Was tried in all positions except ruck and KP and nailed none of them. Was tried at hb in a season that netted us 4 wins and the opposition walzted through the defence. Lyon cant make average players any more than average. He went missing in most games a trait that he bought with him from underage a fault that had nothing to do with Lyon.

What you know about football couldn't fill a postage stamp

What you know about football couldn't fill a postage stamp

Insult when you cant mount an argument is your go. Most on here think youre a joke but I'm to much of a gentleman to bring that up.

PS I bet Ive played a lot more games of football at a reasonable level than youve had hot dinners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back