List Mgmt. Hayden Crozier [Traded to WB]

Remove this Banner Ad

A good comparison can be made for crozier is lachie neale.

Both drafted in 2011 as 18 year olds both weren't big similar body shapes though crozier is a bit taller but both were very skinny from memory when they were drafted and had to put a lot body weight and strength on.

Crozier was higher draft pick before lachie.

Yet lachie neale took his game up another level 3 years ago and with crozier we are still waiting.

All the best to Hayden hopefully he has a successful career. He hasn't dogged the club like some players do in the AFL circles.

As far as us needing Crozier as a small defender all I have to say is RYAN.

The bloke was drafted and came into the side and dominated. Intercept marking, elite kicking and winning defensive one on ones.

Crozier had six years to cement a spot in the side and couldn't do it. Hopefully a change of club will give him the appetite for hard work that will take him to the next level.

As far as us needing Crozier as a small defender all I have to say is RYAN.

The bloke was drafted and came into the side and dominated. Intercept marking, elite kicking and winning defensive one on ones.

Crozier had six years to cement a spot in the side and couldn't do it. Hopefully a change of club will give him the appetite for hard work that will take him to the next level.
Totally agree. No idea why some people are saying Croz showed signs of being an elite half back when really , he never did. Enter Luke Ryan. Now THAT is signs of an elite half back.

Even Connor Blakely has shown more at that position than Crozier ever has.

People are just bummed he's been traded for what they believe is unders.

There is a lot of people actually asking for Sheriden service , mainly asking about how he can sperate his commitment between football and Rixx.

Maybe he will quit football next year due to his business expansion.

Both drafted in 2011 as 18 year olds both weren't big similar body shapes though crozier is a bit taller but both were very skinny from memory when they were drafted and had to put a lot body weight and strength on.

Yet lachie neale took his game up another level 3 years ago and with crozier we are still waiting.

All the best to Hayden hopefully he has a successful career. He hasn't dogged the club like some players do in the AFL circles.

Good comparison indeed. I was a big fan and saw a lot of leadership skills displayed at training, but it hasn’t translated in the 6 years at our club.

Still young and will do well in a fresh environment. Comparing Johnson and Ballantyne isn’t fair, because at his age those were carving it up at AFL level, and still offer a fair bit left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Croz and Neale were very different body shapes and at completely different development stages. Croz was a twig and Neale was quite solid and had played league SANFL as a 17yo.

A decent trade if it helps bring Matera and Wilson and provides more fodder for those who wish to blame Lyon for destroying players natural ability and forcing them to leave the club to enjoy breathing let alone footy.
I hope for his sake that Croz finds consistent form and destroys all comers,apart from us.
Only certainty I have is that I'll watch more Dogs games...maybe?

Croz and Neale were very different body shapes and at completely different development stages. Croz was a twig and Neale was quite solid and had played league SANFL as a 17yo.

Of the subject of Neale a little....
Hey Scham, if you had to choose one of two teams, one with 22 Croziers and one with 22 Wilsons to play each other which one would you choose to win.

A decent trade if it helps bring Matera and Wilson

My initial thoughts were we got screwed as he's likely to go on and play for a few more years, which is more than can be said for most picks near the 40 mark. But on rethinking it, you're probably correct.

To think, we got pick 19 for Steven Koops from the doggies back in the day!

Think about this, with Crozier gone - Leigh Spurr endures.

Crozier had the fielding kick, leap and ability to read the play. The dogs saw this in a 6 game stretch last year, wasn't good enough for Ross who threw him back forward.

Crozier had the fielding kick, leap and ability to read the play. The dogs saw this in a 6 game stretch last year, wasn't good enough for Ross who threw him back forward.

Lee Spurr holds marks in clutch situations.

With Wilson arriving, Spurrs card is stamped.
Even without it we have Ryan , Blakely, Weller, SHill to run through the back.

Spurr will rightfully be back-up this year, has been a wonderful servant but I'd be shocked and disappointed if he lines up in round 1

Spurr doesn't play the same role as Crozier did in the backline. Nyhuis is the closest thing we have to Spurr that is not Spurr. Crozier was playing Ryan's role when back and while good, was not as good as Ryan is at it.

We get it, you didn't want Croz traded (neither did I) but he is gone and we will be fine.

With Wilson arriving, Spurrs card is stamped.
Even without it we have Ryan , Blakely, Weller, SHill to run through the back.

Spurr will rightfully be back-up this year, has been a wonderful servant but I'd be shocked and disappointed if he lines up in round 1

Prepare to be shocked and disappointed. I'd almost guarantee all the old blokes will play most if not all of the preseason games as well as round 1 & 2. Much like the year just gone.

Johnson, Spurr, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Mundy will definitely be in the team. Possibly D.Pearce too.

Prepare to be shocked and disappointed. I'd almost guarantee all the old blokes will play most if not all of the preseason games as well as round 1 & 2. Much like the year just gone.

Johnson, Spurr, Sandilands, Ballantyne, Mundy will definitely be in the team. Possibly D.Pearce too.
Agree with all except D Pearce. I think he is firmly depth now. I expect all the rest to line up if fit.

Its actually pretty tough to pick a back 6 now with Wilson coming in and hopefully A Pearce fit.
Pearce, Hamling, Ryan, Wilson pick themselves and then there is Logue, Hughes, Blakely, Spurr, Weller, Sutty, Sheridan, Nyhuis
I think Crozier was playing forward not because he didn't do a good job down back but because we had plenty who could pinch hit there and its a lot harder to play creatively up there and he was being given chance to do so. Just never stayed involved for long enough and wasn't kicking goals when he did create chances.

I think we will see the older guys playing. I would hope more from the protection and mentoring aspect than playing as part of the best 22.

Some of the youngsters will need rest to avoid being blown out. Darcy is an obvious but even our draftees may need a slow intro.

But I wouldnt want to see alot of the oldies playing alot of time. We need to develop the youngsters

Spurr for one I think is nearing the end. Johnno for another but he still fits what we need. Suban I think fits in to provide abit of toughness and protection around the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back