Unsolved Hayley Dodd Murder & Trial Updates

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes I lived in the area for 2 years & remember when poor Hayley disappeared. Probably about once a month I would meet friends at the Badgingarra Tavern. I wouldn't say I knew him as I didn't like him & didn't want to know him. I certainly knew who he was and saw him around and about. I couldn't comment on his movements on the day Hayley disappeared as I didn't see either of them. In terms of when he left the area, I've been trying to remember. I THINK that the dog attack occurred shortly after Hayley's disappearance as he left Badgingarra virtually straight away. We all thought it was because of the attack as my friend was seriously injured. I guess we all now know the real reason why he left the area in such a hurry. From what I remember, the dog went everywhere with him....he just left the window down in the car. He told my friend when he went to RPH that the dog was in the car outside RPH in Wellington St. I remember FW as a loner & not at all liked by many of the locals. People always seemed to be wary of him....especially when he was drinking at the pub

When you say in the car. I presume he didn't have a car and used his house mates ute on a regular basis?

A dog attack is an immediate destruction of dog order in most cases.

How many days after did he leave Badgy?

ESHESH

Draftee
Feb 2, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
When you say in the car. I presume he didn't have a car and used his house mates ute on a regular basis?

A dog attack is an immediate destruction of dog order in most cases.

How many days after did he leave Badgy?
On the night of the dog attack (I wasn't there) I believe it was a station wagon with the back window down. I don't know if it was his car or someone else's. Again from memory.....my friend said that police went around to his place to get the dog & both had disappeared & were not seen again. I have been trying to find my friend to ask her about all of the timelines etc but we have lost touch over the last few years & can't find her. Will keep trying though!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Knowing Warks departure date and vehicle would be gold. Passing through Kalgoorlie was a high possibility. Govan missing 9 days after Hayley. Had Wark done business or stayed with associates on the way to Atherton, Queensland? He was transient at the time.

400km round trip to see friends on a farm.

In July 1999, unbeknownst to Hayley's parents, the two had decided to hitchhike their way from Mandurah, south of Perth, to Dongara in the State's Wheatbelt, to work as roustabouts for a local shearing team.

They stayed at the local caravan park, but before starting work, Ms Dodd had decided to visit friends on a farm near Moora, about 200 kilometres away.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-...of-francis-john-wark-comes-to-a-close/9189038

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Govan missing 9 days after Hayley.

July 29 1999

Oct 8 1999

=
Date difference from Jul 29, 2018 to Oct 8, 2018
The total number of days between Sunday, July 29th, 2018 and Monday, October 8th, 2018 is 71 days.

This is equal to 2 months and 9 days.

This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an event that includes both the starting date and the ending date, then it would actually be 72 days.

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 50 weekdays and 21 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Oct 8, 2018 which is a Monday, then there would be 51 weekdays and 21 weekend days including both the starting Sunday and the ending Monday.

71 days is equal to 10 weeks and 1 day.

The total time span from 2018-07-29 to 2018-10-08 is 1,704 hours.

This is equivalent to 102,240 minutes.

You can also convert 71 days to 6,134,400 seconds.

71 Days
71 Days
71 Days

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think he hid her somewhere, raced off to try and establish an alibi. Went back and took his time moving her to somewhere else. It must be torture for a parent to know the man who murdered your child knows where she is but won't say.
Hayley had told friends she was wanting to visit Bradley Hammond, grandson of the owner of Seldom Seen Farm. That day Bradley Hammond had driven to Wark's and been picked up with McConnell (Wark's housemate) to work on another farm for the day. Hammond left his car at Warks. Jamie Smith, 17 was also living at Seldom Seen Farm and knew Hayley, but can't account for what he did that day, a witness testified he wasn't at the farm and he has no alibi.

If Wark saw Hayley by the road on his way back from Moora, he could have said I'll give you a lift, want to wait at my place for Bradley. Then taken her there and murdered her when she resisted him. He would have time to have hidden her and gone back after his time in Perth to move and bury her as you say Shelly.

It's Jamie Smith that's interesting. Wonder if its possible he was dropped of at Wark's with Hammond and went to Moora with Wark that morning, as it says he's done before in evidence. Hayley knew Jamie Smith and would have got into a car with him there.

s**t would have hit the fan. That other Smith, the telstra guy was giving weird testimony about his movements around that time and why did the cops come out to the farm the two telstra guys were working on not long after that?

theartofwar

Senior List
Aug 22, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
The broken indicator stick. The ute in the shed.

The potential for someone else's involvement.

How many years are you going to spend trying to prove someone else's involvement Dan?

Wark pleaded not guilty. Do you think he is going to give up his accomplice? His credibility has been ruined.

It's over.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
How many years are you going to spend trying to prove someone else's involvement Dan?

Wark pleaded not guilty. Do you think he is going to give up his accomplice? His credibility has been ruined.

It's over.

I'm questioning the possibility. Everyone else is saying he stashed the body and came back later or handed Hayley over to someone else.

We will just have to see how the current trials pan out and further OMCG investigations turn out under an inquest.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
An interesting point of difference in a judge only versus a jury trial, in this case pertaining to Warks trial.

"A fundamental difference between a trial by jury and a trial by judge alone is that a jury's deliberations are secret and it does not reveal the reasons which have led to its verdict.
By contrast, the judgment in a trial by judge alone must include the principles of law that the judge has applied and the findings of fact on which the judge has relied. 4"

http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/...nts-WebVw/2018WASC0018/$FILE/2018WASC0018.pdf

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
In documents filed in the WA Court of Appeal today, Wark’s lawyer Darryl Ryan said it would be argued the guilty verdict was “unsafe and unsatisfactory”.

Can the Legal minds explain the possibilities of this?
I'm not the legal mind, but weird shite - 0 - meter went off with the acceptance of the chain of evidence of the car seat cover, especially compared to Rayney case, also a judge only.
...and the conclusions she made about Wark's previous case when he was imprisoned in QLand, when really the only similarity was that he picked up a hitch hiker.
How many in the days either hitch hiked or picked up a hitch hiker?

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Francis John Wark appeals Hayley Dodd guilty verdict

THE man sentenced to life behind bars for murdering WA teenager Hayley Dodd has lodged an appeal against his conviction.

In documents filed in the WA Court of Appeal today, Wark’s lawyer Darryl Ryan said it would be argued the guilty verdict was “unsafe and unsatisfactory”.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Francis John Wark appeals Hayley Dodd guilty verdict

THE man sentenced to life behind bars for murdering WA teenager Hayley Dodd has lodged an appeal against his conviction.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Yes we know that scoop, GreyCrow already posted it two posts up and BlueE commented on it one post up. I'm betting you'll post it again as well.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wark still has to go back to Queensland. What is he hoping for?
No he doesn't have to go back to Queensland!

Wark knew Ms O’Shea’s son and was questioned at a coronial inquiry in Cairns in June 2014 about Ms O’Shea’s death. Det-Sen. Sgt Brett Devine, from the Mareeba CIB, would not comment on the case yesterday but did confirm he hoped to speak to Wark before returning to Queensland.

That is, the police were hoping to have a chat to him before they returned to Queensland.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/poli...ved-qld-homicide-of-katie-oshea-ng-b88720090z

This is nothing though compared to your latest effort at trying so hard to integrate yourself with knowing something about a case like Jenni Oliver, that all you do is show yourself to be ignorant, insulting and and an idiot! If you missed the comments, just the usual! They're now removed and the thread has been locked.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast

Wark knew Ms O’Shea’s son and was questioned at a coronial inquiry in Cairns in June 2014 about Ms O’Shea’s death. Det-Sen. Sgt Brett Devine, from the Mareeba CIB, would not comment on the case yesterday but did confirm he hoped to speak to Wark before returning to Queensland.

That is, the police were hoping to have a chat to him before they returned to Queensland.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/poli...ved-qld-homicide-of-katie-oshea-ng-b88720090z

This is nothing though compared to your latest effort at trying so hard to integrate yourself with knowing something about a case like Jenni Oliver, that all you do is show yourself to be ignorant, insulting and and an idiot! If you missed the comments, just the usual! They're now removed and the thread has been locked.

I'm glad I saw this prior to logging in. Just another personal attack, just another day. More assertions about information that doesn't exist. More distortions.

There was a death notice. I have it but the thread is locked. Suicide probably because it was never published in the media. I never got to see what was said, so no nothing of it.

You have managed off topic and personal attack in one post. Hats off to you. Emotional intelligence of bucket full of hammers.

No need to be a sook about off topic subject. Grow up

Last edited:

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast

Thanks for the link.

Queensland police have confirmed they want to reinterview the man convicted of the 1999 murder of WA teenager Hayley Dodd about another unsolved homicide from their State in 2006. (Queensland)

Thanks for the link.

Queensland police have confirmed they want to reinterview the man convicted of the 1999 murder of WA teenager Hayley Dodd about another unsolved homicide from their State in 2006.

Detectives can fly over and interview him if they have to. That is if Devine can't access him earlier.

Then they drag him back to Queensland?

If his appeal succeeds but which may drag for years, they might and I can't find the information on how far into his Queensland term he was prior to extradition. As it stands now, he's doing a 21 year minimum in WA and they'll hang onto him.

Edit: Who knows in WA though? I was a bit stunned his history was allowed into evidence.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm glad I saw this prior to logging in. Just another personal attack, just another day. More assertions about information that doesn't exist. More distortions.

There was a death notice. I have it but the thread is locked. Suicide probably because it was never published in the media. I never got to see what was said, so no nothing of it.

You have managed off topic and personal attack in one post. Hats off to you. Emotional intelligence of bucket full of hammers.

No need to be a sook about off topic subject. Grow up
Again you're not making any sense. You wrote what was said, so how didn't you get to see what was said?

There is absolutely no logic in anything you say. How did you ever think the death of Jenni Oliver was Romulad Zac all over again? I've defended you a few times now but not anymore.

You know nothing, but try to impress with repeated spamming or misunderstood or incorrect information.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
He may have sought Leave to Appeal but there are very strict conditions in which this will be allowed. Whether the leave is granted and an appeal allowed will be something we'll have to wait & see. Quite a few of the judges decisions in the trial seemed off to me. The point of appeal & what they will try to pick apart is the question. It could go either way.

Kirby wrote an interesting piece regarding Mallard as he was the only judge that sat on both of his appeals, unsuccessful and successful. He explained that if Mallards lawyers had argued a different point of appeal in the first attempt, it would have been allowed. Instead they choose the wrong thing to appeal against which meant that although the conviction was unsound, the decision to not allow his first appeal was correct. He also said the decision to overturn his conviction was correct.

Back